General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

passionford bmx'ers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 PM
sm
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passionford bmx'ers

we havent had a passionford bmx post in a while so lets see what your current rides are

mine are

1in headset 1993 s&m holmes

1/18th aheadset 1997 s&m holmes

09 s&m dirtbike which is my main ride

1995 gt fueler, will be with me next week, gotta change a few parts on it though

1997 gt pro series, part built

plus lots of new and midschool parts

Last edited by sm; 10-01-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:22 PM
flashturbo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Some wicked bikes there mate, here's a few of mine from over the years.

T1 progression

T1 barcode

FBM PW Moto fresh as i picked it up

FBM Capone

Fit Series 2, prob the 2nd best riding bike i've ever had, loved it

Fit again but silver

And my current ride(which i dont use nearly as much as i should these days!) Standard 250l with ti everything, spokes axels the lot!!

And one of what i done riding them over the years!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:38 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Ill have to get some pics of mine up, its the same gt i rode in the worlds in the eighties including the tyres
Old 10-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have 2 old school skyway TA"s , I white and one crome

sadly no piccs on my PC tho
Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 PM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Err.. Foot? Explaination please?

Looks nice!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

Heres mine brand new never riden tho
Old 10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

Here are my bikes..

I purchased the GT for Ł99 from halfords had to wait for it to arrive from scotland but it was well worth it, needs a new back wheel now though as the bearings decided to shit themselves everywhere..

Hoffman disruptor i bought off someone in the pub for Ł60.

The final one is a Mongoose Ritual single speed conversion atomlab bars, identiti forks s&m seat bought off the same person i got the hoffman off, only paid Ł150 for it!

Ginge
Old 10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had this 24" BMX until recently... when i went to my garage one morning to find the door bent open and someone had relieved me of its ownership....FFS

Old 10-01-2010, 09:27 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is my "return to youth" build. A 1999 Haro blammo. Its the bike i could never afford at 13 but wanted one SO badly A mate pulled it out of a skip a few years ago and i finally built it up this summer and had a little bit of fun on it, but soon realised i used to be a hell of alot fitter

Still after a decal set though.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gaz s1
Ill have to get some pics of mine up, its the same gt i rode in the worlds in the eighties including the tyres
do it gaz,chop chop this i can't wait to see.has it got world tour stuff on it ?? i used to see andy irwin on his as he was from not far away.

Originally Posted by kidsRS
i have the 1980's raleigh team pro burner that the above bike is based on,its cost me a bastard fortune but its 100% genuine 80's tange teardrop competition chromoly frame and forks,tioga bars,custom m pedals,tange grips,kashimax aero saddle,tange 300 headset,tange bb,dia compe mx900 calipers,dia compe t3 levers,and the best a set of white alloy hubbed skyway tuff 2's,finished off in the raleigh team colours its fookin sexy.

this is my latest bike and to my knowledge its the only genuine aurora flourescent pink dp firebird freestyler thats left in the world that came out of the dp racing factory by me in flint north wales back in the 80's. theres a few people done pink restos but mines the original real deal soul survivor.

not a single duff part on this bike its all quality high end freestyler
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my standard sta, bought off here a while back, just in the middle of sorting it out. I have a PK Ripper project too, but selling that to fund this one. Also have a DK Cleveland but no pic.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
leers85
Part of the Furniture

those were the days. best bmx i had was s&m next gen in army green px it down slades farm for gt pro performer. dont think id fit on a bmx now.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I had one of these with 7 spoke simplex mags and twin cross piece on the handlebars. God I miss that bike.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

may i offer a website i use called www.burnerworld.co.uk its the best place for raleigh burners even if they are old school 80's or the repop new ones.
theres so much to see or do and theres a few people off here go there too,theres everything from a forum to bikes for sale to parts to a tech section to a gallery etc etc etc

cheeRS

Last edited by cozzfather; 10-01-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

Says he never rode it,but rides it round his room to keep fit
Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by cozzfather
do it gaz,chop chop this i can't wait to see.has it got world tour stuff on it ?? i used to see andy irwin on his as he was from not far away.

i have the 1980's raleigh team pro burner that the above bike is based on,its cost me a bastard fortune but its 100% genuine 80's tange teardrop competition chromoly frame and forks,tioga bars,custom m pedals,tange grips,kashimax aero saddle,tange 300 headset,tange bb,dia compe mx900 calipers,dia compe t3 levers,and the best a set of white alloy hubbed skyway tuff 2's,finished off in the raleigh team colours its fookin sexy.

this is my latest bike and to my knowledge its the only genuine aurora flourescent pink dp firebird freestyler thats left in the world that came out of the dp racing factory by me in flint north wales back in the 80's. theres a few people done pink restos but mines the original real deal soul survivor.

not a single duff part on this bike its all quality high end freestyler

Love to see you ride round a ford show on that
Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

Dont think so boothy 1 my room is like a shoe box and 2 iv never screwed the pedals on!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

Dont think so boothy 1 my room is like a shoe box and 2 iv never screwed the pedals on!
Oh yeh that old chestnut
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Originally Posted by boothy
Love to see you ride round a ford show on that
daft as it seems matey them vw nutters do exactly that,they are more show savvy than us ford lot and like to make the effort to get well into the scene of all things related to the particular era of their cars.

i'd take my bmx to a car show

the burner lot are very much into vw's so i buck the trend being a cozzie man,theres a burner bash every year which involves one great big show event where everything burner turns up and theres a massive pis up the night before and camping,i'll go this year to show my support
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
S1

I had two Firebird freestylers, a chrome one and then a white one. That went back to the factory for a repaint in the pink along with bars and seatpost. Ive still got the cheque from when I sold it for 70notes, forgot to pay it to my account and found the cheque many years after. I think the Firebirds were my fave bikes bitd, possibly more than my GT Pro Performer.

As Nomad, Ive got a 2008 PK ripper plus a 2007 ripper, '84 Mongoose Californian, various GT's, 2Hip Soul etc.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Originally Posted by S1
I had two Firebird freestylers, a chrome one and then a white one. That went back to the factory for a repaint in the pink along with bars and seatpost. Ive still got the cheque from when I sold it for 70notes, forgot to pay it to my account and found the cheque many years after. I think the Firebirds were my fave bikes bitd, possibly more than my GT Pro Performer.

yeah i had a chrome one,i still got a pic of my actual 85 mint chrome dp freestyler i had that i used, i have a chrome one now thats gonna be the bollocks too,i'm number 1 for firebird freestylers in flintshire north wales see
Old 10-01-2010, 10:25 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

daft as it seems matey them vw nutters do exactly that,they are more show savvy than us ford lot and like to make the effort to get well into the scene of all things related to the particular era of their cars.

i'd take my bmx to a car show

the burner lot are very much into vw's so i buck the trend being a cozzie man,theres a burner bash every year which involves one great big show event where everything burner turns up and theres a massive pis up the night before and camping,i'll go this year to show my support
Sounds like fun mate
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

2008 Eastern Metal Head

1983 TRM FreeStyler - I have owned this bike for 19years - Its mine from a kid.

Which was left in my back garden for at least 8 of those.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember having a Raleigh Afterburner, i had the Chrome one bought from Birkenhead while a mate had the Whote painted one. His looked shit.

Some epic adventures when i was a kid on that bike.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Raleigh burner, arrhh the memories!

My daughter has a new burner that i'd love her to be able to ride better so i can get her onto something better, and yes i've had a go when no one is looking and very soon realised it was a lot easier at 15!!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
flashturbo

Originally Posted by JayCC
Err.. Foot? Explaination please?

Looks nice!
Ha ha always makes people ask that one

Was a footplant over the smallest of fences gone wrong that was, went to maccys got a cup of ice and a bag and carried on riding straight after i did it!

Stupid now when i think about it, never went to hospital either so dont know what i did to it! Healed up ok now though just clicks abit

Shings is that epic? you still go there now?

Last edited by flashturbo; 11-01-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

not a bmx but my grifter
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by Shings
2008 Eastern Metal Head

Loving the amount of effort put into that hop. i don't think i've ever put that much effort into hopping anything ever. haha.

No pictures of mine i'm afraid as it's painted glow in the dark and I cant get any pictures of it to do it justice and show how much it actually glows.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:09 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

Old 11-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 89xr2
Loving the amount of effort put into that hop. i don't think i've ever put that much effort into hopping anything ever. haha.

No pictures of mine i'm afraid as it's painted glow in the dark and I cant get any pictures of it to do it justice and show how much it actually glows.
Thats because:

1 I am a relative Novice - I can get about 3 inches out of the vert
2 If it went wrong there were 40 blokes to make sure I knew about it.
3 If it went wrong as well as the 40 blokes there was a street section to head butt.

On that night I actually hoped 29inches - which was top novice - the pro's were up at about 38 inches if I remember correctly.. but they were spinning through 360 or tail whipping the bar at my 29inch height.

J
Old 11-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mondymatt
Raleigh burner, arrhh the memories!

My daughter has a new burner that i'd love her to be able to ride better so i can get her onto something better, and yes i've had a go when no one is looking and very soon realised it was a lot easier at 15!!!!!
Just get her a new skool bike.

First off old skool bikes are great to look at but shit to ride properly, the geometry is just all wrong - I hate riding my TRM now adays and it guts me as it was all I rode for years.

Second - the local kids will rip the piss... They know old skool is great to look at but shit to ride as well.

Crap eh
Originally Posted by flashturbo
:

Shings is that epic? you still go there now?
Yeh - called creation now. I haven't been for a while due to hurting myself - wrist and ankle + a lot going on personally. But I will be back I love the rush and its a talking point.

I ride with some old pro's sometimes and its a good boost.

Last edited by Shings; 11-01-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
flashturbo

Yeh - called creation now. I haven't been for a while due to hurting myself - wrist and ankle + a lot going on personally. But I will be back I love the rush and its a talking point.

I ride with some old pro's sometimes and its a good boost.
Yeah man i used to go there every fri night an ride till they kicked us out! Alot of good kids there but alot of attitude too which sucks

Who do you ride with?

I started riding when i was 13, stopped going so much a couple of years ago now, think its time i got back on it
Old 11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Originally Posted by gazdon
arggh me mince pies its a mk1 grifter and its associates,them are banned on burnerworld lol
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

I remember laughing at mates who had grifters and watched many just get wrecked! Id love 1 now tho such classics!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by flashturbo
Yeah man i used to go there every fri night an ride till they kicked us out! Alot of good kids there but alot of attitude too which sucks

Who do you ride with?

I started riding when i was 13, stopped going so much a couple of years ago now, think its time i got back on it
I used to ride Thursday Nights and Sunday Mornings.. was quiet... we got on well with a lot of the youngs uns, they just thought we were crackers.. and shit.. haha...

I ride with the RAD BMX lads... a lot of them guys are old timers - the biggest ex pro I really ride with and know as such is Alex (Leach I think) he used to ride for S&M in the 90's... theres a few guys from the 80's I know too.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

I remember laughing at mates who had grifters and watched many just get wrecked! Id love 1 now tho such classics!
i had one mate in the met blue,twas a mk1 and the bastard fookin gears would slip and i'd smack me fookin knee on the bars,i thought it was mint first but in the end i hated it and wanted a bmx,unfortunately my old man reckoned cos i had a grifter i needed a racing bike like him so i ended up with a brand spanking new raleigh ace,all i wanted was a bmx so i got a paper round and saved like fook and got a black mongoose.
job jobbed and i flogged the grifter and never looked back,i'm surprised since i got back into it i don't want a grifter but tbh i still remember the pain of hurting myself on it and the rock hard grips have to this day left scars on my thumb knuckles,they used to go red raw they did.
never had that with the bmx grips used lol.
theres a website for grifters and i had a look and theres some great info and restos but its not for me i'm afraid.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Lee1

How much would it cost to buy a tatty burner? ive took a shine to these latley im gagging to restore one for some reason
Old 12-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gazdon
not a bmx but my grifter
Bloody hell , I havent seen one of them for 25 years

Looks mint
Old 12-01-2010, 08:44 AM
mcst

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just get her a new skool bike.
Hers is one of the new Raleigh Burners. I think its brilliant value for her to start on but i hope she'll get into it more and can move on to something better. I'd love to build her one up.
Sadly it appears she isn't quite as comfortable on a bike as i was at her age.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Ash170990
Focus RS 0268

ive got a WeThePeople Pheonix with oddessy civilian 41 thermal bars, F1 stem (cant remember who makes it!) odessy slim jim pedals, KMC cool chain, and a seat which i cant remmeber who makes it, but its called a shadow, and its fookin uncomftable! aint got no pics of it though, ill try get some and post em up, dont ride it no more tho, got fat n lost my interest for bmxing lol and then my interst for cars grew lol

Quick Reply: passionford bmx'ers