General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ceramic Hobs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Ian2wdsaffcos
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Hobs?

Currently sorting out the kitchen in my new house & I'm just wondering how good (read instantaneous) ordinary Ceramic hobs are these days? I've been used to using gas hobs all my life but it's gonna be very pricey to get gas into the kitchen as the pipes would have to go through 2 solid concrete floors in order to get to the kitchen, therefore I'm stuck with electric!

Ideally I'd get a Halogen Ceramic but these are 3-4 times the price of ordinary Ceramic's. I remember using my auntie's ordinary ceramic hob like 10 years ago & it was a right royal pain in the arse, when you'd got it up to temperature & wanted it dropping back to a simmer you had to pick the pan off the hob for like 30 seconds after you'd reduced the heat in order for it to cool down enough.......are they alot better these days?

Cheers,
Ian
Old 03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not got a clue about all the techiny stuff, best of speaking to the female members of the board

what i will say is i will never ever get a gas hob and i will always have a ceramic hob as there the tits imo

serious the only issue is i have got a funny looking stain on mine and i thought they never stained , tried to clean it but its stil there, its a discolouration on the ring we use the most

but it works so who cares ( ive not been starved due to her not cooking anyway )