General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

HGV drivers on PassionFord

Search this Thread

Old 29-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kosman
unlucky being out at weekend,no fucking chance id be out at weekend
well i didnt have to. But those fucking germans have their own stupid rules. No LKW(trucks) on Sunday or you have a permit (spelling?) or a cooler. And as we have more then 4trucks leaving this Saturday we can't afford a permit
Old 29-01-2010, 08:27 PM
BlairM
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For you truckers, how would you not notice this? Or is it possible it's a fault?

http://www.break.com/index/dump-truc...ay-bridge.html
Old 29-01-2010, 11:10 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlairM
For you truckers, how would you not notice this? Or is it possible it's a fault?

its a fault dude,i had it happen to me once but i noticed the fucker going up so got it off the road,got it down and pulled the tipping pipe off so it didnt have any oil in to go up again,iirc it was a fault in the pto,some gear or something had sheared off.
Old 30-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Caprigirl
Drift Queen

Surely he noticed his skip up ????? I mean didnt he look in his mirror ?
Old 30-01-2010, 06:57 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

thought he would have felt the wind drag aswell,must have seen a bit of skirt i reckon
Old 30-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Caprigirl
Drift Queen

Angency , enuf said
Old 30-01-2010, 08:05 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

yeah man,rough fuckers arent they
Old 31-01-2010, 08:31 PM
nickywarwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the main reason that happens is & ive seen it a few times, thers 3 positions on normal pto controls, up-hold-down alot of drivers leave it in hold then catch it with there foot & knock it up, very easily done + if he had is foot on accelerator it would have took ne time to get up but the driver shoulda realised... but it can happen if the pto fucks up to too
Old 31-01-2010, 10:01 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

mine was the pto,down the a1 near pontycarlo,shit mesen when i seen it.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:57 AM
davyb
Regular Contributor

Lol bloody hell heard about that, sum good pics there mr t
Old 02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
nickywarwick

Originally Posted by loko
well i may as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone here, new to pf and a truck owner/driver as well
love my fords so much i painted my truck performance blue

oh btw hello everyone

stick a magnet to the tacho sender on gearbox if you ever want t run with out tacho & limiter
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

you dodgy fooker
Old 02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by nickywarwick
stick a magnet to the tacho sender on gearbox if you ever want t run with out tacho & limiter
thats a mith dosent work and even if it did the engine ecu takes its speed signal from the tacho so it will put up an engine warning light and go into limp mode plus it will leave a fault line on your chart! in the way of the niddle moveing up and down to show there is a sender fault!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 PM
nickywarwick

believe me it works, we have 3 tga's & it works on all 3 . engine doesnt go into limp mode either just flicks tacho faults up on dash wich are easily sorted out

kosman it should work on a fh in theory too as im 90% sure the tacho sender is metal on the manual & i-shift box shuda tried it when i was at volvo lol

Last edited by nickywarwick; 02-02-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by nickywarwick
believe me it works, we have 3 tga's & it works on all 3 . engine doesnt go into limp mode either just flicks tacho faults up on dash wich are easily sorted out

kosman it should work on a fh in theory too as im 90% sure the tacho sender is metal on the manual & i-shift box shuda tried it when i was at volvo lol
on a euro 3 plus truck the engine brakes and suspenion and gearbox if auto are all linked to the tacho via can so if the tacho has a fault they all have a fault (as in not getting a speed signal) also there is no way round a tacho light on the dash lol if your driveing with out the tacho sender picking up its pulses from the tacho pluse wheel on the gear box out put sharft then it is recording a fault on your chart or in the head if its digital u may think your getting away with it but the vosa man will want to know why u keep driveing with a faulty tacho there not stupid lol
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
nickywarwick

its only done if there like 30 45 mins away from home & they want t be home thats when they get used if they decide to nd i dont blame them, back in the day it was simply a fuse to pull & away you go
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

i know how to fuck mine up,i dont though,not worth the fine but to be fair my gaffer that tight he met me at northampton once becuase he didnt wanna pay me nitin out money
Old 03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
davyb
Regular Contributor

Was talkin to an guy at Calais waitin for the boat home and he was tellin me about the magnet on the gearbox on the scania's. He was tellin me about havin them wired on switches and that they already know how to fiddle the digi tachos. They have them wired into the night heater switches sometimes and on the remotes for the aircon units on the roof.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by davyb
Was talkin to an guy at Calais waitin for the boat home and he was tellin me about the magnet on the gearbox on the scania's. He was tellin me about havin them wired on switches and that they already know how to fiddle the digi tachos. They have them wired into the night heater switches sometimes and on the remotes for the aircon units on the roof.
all a magnet will do is disrupt the signal the sender is picking up from the pulse wheel (this would also have to be a very stronge magnet) so the tacho will think it has a fault with the sender and go into error mode the tacho will also still know the truck is driveing as it will be getting a speed signal from the engine ecu whitch is getting it from the ebs ecu so all u will get is a fault line on your chat or the digital head and your drivers card will store the fault so how this will be of any use to u is beond me lol
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

yeah man digi tacho's are meant to be nigh on impossible to fiddle,fuck doing it anyway,had a digitacho once,dont want another fucker.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
davyb
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by ajamesc
all a magnet will do is disrupt the signal the sender is picking up from the pulse wheel (this would also have to be a very stronge magnet) so the tacho will think it has a fault with the sender and go into error mode the tacho will also still know the truck is driveing as it will be getting a speed signal from the engine ecu whitch is getting it from the ebs ecu so all u will get is a fault line on your chat or the digital head and your drivers card will store the fault so how this will be of any use to u is beond me lol
Apparently the magnet in the pull out draw on the scania is enough to do it... I know it was easy years ago with the old scania's, got no interest in doing it anyway as id prefer to keep my license lol
Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Apparently the magnet in the pull out draw on the scania is enough to do it... I know it was easy years ago with the old scania's, got no interest in doing it anyway as id prefer to keep my license lol
i dont mean to dought u if u say its so its so i just carnt see it my self knowing how the sytems work especially on euro 3 plus trucks with can networks i work for daf as a techician and have a lot to do with tachos as im licensed to calibrate analoge and digital tachos
Old 04-02-2010, 12:34 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlairM

The guy who just stopped still and went down with the bridge in that

Bet his life flashed in front of him. Wonder if he got out ok
Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 AM
davyb
Regular Contributor

We might be getting dafs this year, xf's. I think they may be limited to 52 though as our 2 new mercedes have been but 1 broke down and the driver asked the technician if he could knock it back up to 89km and he did. Can u do it with the daf easily?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

We might be getting dafs this year, xf's. I think they may be limited to 52 though as our 2 new mercedes have been but 1 broke down and the driver asked the technician if he could knock it back up to 89km and he did. Can u do it with the daf easily?
it takes about 10 mins but its done the on the computer but 89 is top some people do it to 90 but there is a slight margin for error as it gos up to the speed then backs off so at 90 it can go just over for a very tiny amount of time so it records an overspeed in the tacho
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

it takes about 10 mins but its done the on the computer but 89 is top some people do it to 90 but there is a slight margin for error as it gos up to the speed then backs off so at 90 it can go just over for a very tiny amount of time so it records an overspeed in the tacho
You aint done a days work until you get 3 overspeeds
Weve got some at 90 and other at 89, thing that does my head in is the cruise control limited to 85 but keep on the pedal and you get 89/90.
We had 1 that was limited to 89, must have been abit of an error somewhere coz it would push the paddy's out of the way
Old 04-02-2010, 04:47 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

you wana speak to tinnelys lot,never seen one of their wagons going under the national speed limit on motrway,especially dropping down rishworth moor way

them boys know how to freewheel
Old 05-02-2010, 01:05 AM
bj928
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

well i will be tacho free on my new job and crusing at 80mph, got my job offer today in America, they want me on long haul first doing 10k+ miles a month asap, then when harvest season starts i move onto a harvest crew, calling American embassy later today to sort out visa interview, then sort out flight, job waiting as soon as i can get out there, you could say i'm a bit excited!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

thats a mith dosent work and even if it did the engine ecu takes its speed signal from the tacho so it will put up an engine warning light and go into limp mode plus it will leave a fault line on your chart! in the way of the niddle moveing up and down to show there is a sender fault!
Mate of mine got cought in the uk with a magnet on his Scania 1500 fine or 2 days behind bars and 900 fine. He got the last one
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 AM
matt.4x4
Virgin

I'm abit of a fake truck driver, i'm actually a HGV mechanic with class 1. Dont know how you boys drive for a living, i get bored after an hour driving, but that is in our daf 85cf shunter with the air seat not working lol. probably not likely to see most of you about as i work just outside of chester and we dont venture that far. maybe odd trip to simmonswood test station.
Old 14-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kosman
you wana speak to tinnelys lot,never seen one of their wagons going under the national speed limit on motrway,especially dropping down rishworth moor way

them boys know how to freewheel
rishworth moor and windy hill rock lol all ones i been drivin only do 83kmh bloody wank lol had anew merc other day that did 89 lol
Old 14-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
rishworth moor and windy hill rock lol all ones i been drivin only do 83kmh bloody wank lol had anew merc other day that did 89 lol
Mines does 90. So why are the other ones that slow?
Old 14-02-2010, 04:17 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Mines does 90. So why are the other ones that slow?
it all depends what the limiter is set too mate most are somewear between 84 and 90 kph! u are meant to set the limiter on a truck with a digital tacho to 89 because it gos up to the speed slightley over then gos back to what its set to so if its set to 90 it will keep hitting 91 and set of the overspeed in the head storing an overspeed fault on your card and in the head
Old 14-02-2010, 05:15 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
that owd shed of mine is quick on limiter,but the 06 reg is 83kmh aswell,slow as fook
Old 18-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Mart_
Part of the Furniture

hi all, i havent long passed my lgv test, im only 21 so at the mo im only driving class 2 lorrys, heres a pic of my lorry
Old 21-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Going uphill in germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ned_brs40I
24tons of paper rolls. 42 rolls. fuck the 400HP engine Fookin slow

down hill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r3SHz8AvEA

Last edited by Mr.T; 21-03-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 25-03-2010, 09:24 PM
graleman
Virgin

magnet works a treat and doesnt show a fault,It only disrupts the signal,the tacho head just thinks your standing still revving the engine.The only way mr vosa knows is if he is clever enough to get a printout and wonders why you were doing 1500rpm for 3 hrs whilst parked
Old 25-03-2010, 10:18 PM
bj928
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

i'm glad i'm away from all this, now in America truck driving, not tachos, no limiters, not quite as easy as the uk yet, know all the regs u do have to comply with, but it won't take long to get it worked out, also 11 hours non stop driving in a day if i want every day, 34 hours off after 7 days if i gone over 70 hours, but with a log book u fill in yourself, that can be fiddled, and the truck i been driving for my test does 73 mph, this one has a limiter, but its just for the test, then get one without.
Old 25-03-2010, 10:58 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by graleman
magnet works a treat and doesnt show a fault,It only disrupts the signal,the tacho head just thinks your standing still revving the engine.The only way mr vosa knows is if he is clever enough to get a printout and wonders why you were doing 1500rpm for 3 hrs whilst parked
U dont know much about modern trucks do u lol. The tacho knows as soon as the truck moves as it talks too all the other ecu,s via the can network (engine ebs suspenion). The engine and the ebs ecu,s also take a signal from the tacho sensor and suspenion ecu (air bag pressure) so it can work out load senseing for the ebs brakeing system. So they will know theres is a fault with the tacho sensor for a start! also the tacho will still know the truck is moveing as it will be getting a speed signal from the ebs ecu via the wheel sensors. And all driveing data is stored in the tacho head and on your card for years and can be read or downloaded from the head or your card!

Last edited by ajamesc; 25-03-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 26-03-2010, 06:25 AM
graleman
Virgin

well if you're so smart,tell me why all my mates and me do it every day and no faults.There isn't even a warning light on.There is no fault with the tacho sensor,the pulse is just stopped so no problem.There was a public outcry in Holland over drivers doing it as no faults show up.I have friends who spend hours on the magnet as they call it and nothing even shows up at the dealer.The only thing I do know is some auto boxes dont work but not all.And by the way,most of us only do it to save a little time here and there as tacho laws are a joke.They want you to park up literally minutes from a depot or home just because you were maybe stuck in traffic and were a little late somewhere.And by the way I know plenty about trucks,I'm a fitter too but with spinal problems don't work full time now.The ebs sensors can be switched off by the way,ask Scania and Daf

Quick Reply: HGV drivers on PassionFord