General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sneaky low life people....

Search this Thread

Old 28-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by naturally aspirated
benni...........................we got the same birthdays. wey hey.

Nice one! No mate, I'm afraid to say I am not part of the in-crowd. Never mind...
Old 29-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
There are many ways you can do this. If you buy an engine from MAD or Reyland then that is lifetime respect. You can go and kill small children now and still come out as the victim. You could also buy an expensive part from one of the respected tuning companies and then make a thread telling everyone. The respect you gain from this wont last forever, so when you go and pick up said part ask for a picture with you and the owner of the garage, this will help a lot. You can keep going back and buying things every now and then too to boost your respect. When buying parts don't send them a PM - Why not tell everyone? Make a thread entitled 'FTAO' With their name and let the world know your part arrived. It's all well and good buying these things, but if you don't tell us all you are wasting your time. End the thread with 'See you soon' 'Nice to talk to you on the phone' or something random which makes out you know this person better than you actually do. Enhance the word 'Mate' as often as possible.

You could also buy a car off someone who has lots of respect, and not only will you get a well respected car, you get well respected. Lick as much arse as possible. Call them 'Legends' as often as possible and tell us all how the things they do inspire you to go on in life, even though it blatantly doesn't, so you'll have to make it up. Signatures are another way. Advertise their compnay in your signature, and claim something about them which will have people beleiving you are good friends. Argue their case when they are in a tuner war. Go on as though you are arguing for the life of your children, when in reality you are fighting someone else's case, as you are desperate for their respect.

I hope this gets you started. Do a few of those things and you'll be part of the in crowd in no time. Even when people don't know the answer to your question, they'll Google and search it and find you the answer. However, you won't always get the answer even if it's known if you don't do these. The choice is yours!

Benni.
"FTAO" Benni, AFPML!

You have my vote for funniest post of 2009.

CheeRS

Big-Dan.
Old 29-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This pains me to admit.. but Benni's post is pretty much spot on.
Old 29-12-2009, 08:50 AM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

There are many ways you can do this. If you buy an engine from MAD or Reyland then that is lifetime respect. You can go and kill small children now and still come out as the victim. You could also buy an expensive part from one of the respected tuning companies and then make a thread telling everyone. The respect you gain from this wont last forever, so when you go and pick up said part ask for a picture with you and the owner of the garage, this will help a lot. You can keep going back and buying things every now and then too to boost your respect. When buying parts don't send them a PM - Why not tell everyone? Make a thread entitled 'FTAO' With their name and let the world know your part arrived. It's all well and good buying these things, but if you don't tell us all you are wasting your time. End the thread with 'See you soon' 'Nice to talk to you on the phone' or something random which makes out you know this person better than you actually do. Enhance the word 'Mate' as often as possible.

You could also buy a car off someone who has lots of respect, and not only will you get a well respected car, you get well respected. Lick as much arse as possible. Call them 'Legends' as often as possible and tell us all how the things they do inspire you to go on in life, even though it blatantly doesn't, so you'll have to make it up. Signatures are another way. Advertise their compnay in your signature, and claim something about them which will have people beleiving you are good friends. Argue their case when they are in a tuner war. Go on as though you are arguing for the life of your children, when in reality you are fighting someone else's case, as you are desperate for their respect.

I hope this gets you started. Do a few of those things and you'll be part of the in crowd in no time. Even when people don't know the answer to your question, they'll Google and search it and find you the answer. However, you won't always get the answer even if it's known if you don't do these. The choice is yours!

Benni.
spot on benni pure quality
Old 29-12-2009, 09:04 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

not forgetting if your a trader you can steal someone elses idea because theyre not a trader and make and sell copies of their work whilst still using the original piece in your for sale add with not only the blessing of the mods but the threat of being banned for having the cheek to complain. try doing that if your not part of the in crowd.

Last edited by fuzzy; 29-12-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
not forgetting if your a trader you can steal someone elses idea and make and sell copies of their work whilst still using the original piece in your for sale add with the blessing of the mods. try doing that if your not part of the in crowd.
.....fmpsl..
Old 29-12-2009, 09:13 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by rsmat
.....fmpsl..
its not a lie or dishonest or has a slight moral issue involved...its business apparently.

Last edited by fuzzy; 29-12-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:32 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bennis been banned?
Old 29-12-2009, 09:37 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Slamz
Bennis been banned?
i dont think so, he's had that under his name for ages.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:48 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

pmsl.

it is not Cossie Kev neither.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Bennis been banned?
I've not been banned... Yet!

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:54 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

i dont think so, he's had that under his name for ages.
ohhh, that tied in with his sig disapearing made me think he had
Old 29-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not forgetting if your a trader you can steal someone elses idea because theyre not a trader and make and sell copies of their work whilst still using the original piece in your for sale add with not only the blessing of the mods but the threat of being banned for having the cheek to complain. try doing that if your not part of the in crowd.

What is that about then?!

I don't know
Old 29-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

ohhh, that tied in with his sig disapearing made me think he had
His Sig is still there, the one about VW trying to do a replica of my car after mine had been around for quite a few years, I suspect it wasnt really their inspiration though, although from what clarkson said based on driving it, they did indeed do a good job of replicating how my car handled at time, so sounds like they knew what they were doing so not sure what his point is meant to be TBH.
Old 29-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Kieron

Benni.
My sides. Quality, funny post that's spot on.
Old 29-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Chip
His Sig is still there...... I explain myself because I give a shit......

P.S I think they stole your headlight design too... Bastards. You should have had that patanted or something.

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Chip

P.S I think they stole your headlight design too... Bastards. You should have had that patanted or something.

Benni.
No the headlight design is different to that, as its from an earlier golf, so im not sure why you would get confused as they look quite different IMHO.

Not my design anyway though, no need to re-invent the wheel, so where parts already work very well on other cars, I have used them rather than make them from scratch, for example the gear linkage is from a VX220 roadster, and the inlet plenum is from a RS200 group B rally car, I see no point in re-inventing the wheel when something is available that works well, also as I dont have a budget of millions of pounds, that sort of development isnt available to me anyway even if I did want to do so, I simply dont have the resources.
Just like every single other project car on this forum, but for some reason it seems to be only mine you are obsessed with
Old 29-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I dont care if I in the so called in crowd or not if I know an answer to a question will answer it no matter who it is.

Plus when I have asked a sensible question it answered most of the time
Old 29-12-2009, 12:54 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

The tuner wars days were classic, always used to enjoy reading them, cossierich and dingy were the true masters.
indeed, except im still not part of the in crowd even though i have a mad engine or chose to argue with the likes of Dingy or Mike R. Its much better being on the outside looking in when on the internet imo.
Old 29-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

My obsession is so bad I have posters of it on my bedroom wall. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night sweating with palpitations and chest pains, all because I dreamt about it and it all became too much.

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by CossieRich
indeed, except im still not part of the in crowd even though i have a mad engine or chose to argue with the likes of Dingy or Mike R. Its much better being on the outside looking in when on the internet imo.
I dont think there is an in crowd on here anyway TBH, I just think there are various cliques, just like in any large gathering of people, people tend to talk more to people they feel they know or have more in common with generally IMHO
Cliques are most obvious to those on the outside sometimes, so I suspect that you wont find many people on here who actually feel they are part of the "in" crowd that others imagine exists but in reality doesnt particuarly IME.
Old 29-12-2009, 12:59 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rich i agree....i have been here since day one and hardly ever post but still read on here most weeks...never met a single person off here. much better to look in then get involved.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:01 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

furry muff Chippa. See you in the new year in the real world, where real mates speak. not just the internet "friends"

Back to the original point of this thread anyway. the fuck is going on?

Joe- I have met quite a few new mates from here tbh

Last edited by CossieRich; 29-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Chip

My obsession is so bad I have posters of it on my bedroom wall. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night sweating with palpitations and chest pains, all because I dreamt about it and it all became too much.

Benni.

Crikey, thats actually very slightly more obsessed even than most people thought I suspect.

On a side note though, I do find the headlights an interesting barometer of how much people know about cars, there seems to be an inverse relationship between how much notice people take of the lights compared to say the engine, or the work ive done on the suspension, as there is to how much they know about engines and cars etc in the first place.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
4 pages.

Old 29-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Chip

Back to the original point of this thread anyway. the fuck is going on?
The main thing going on is the following as per usual with this sort of thread:

1) Lots of people saying NAME AND SHAME THE PERSON

2) Lots of people (often the same ones) saying I HATE GRASSES

I think they tend to miss the irony in that one
Old 29-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Crikey, thats actually very slightly more obsessed even than most people thought I suspect.
I've barely scratched the surface too. So can someone tell us who the grass is then? We all wanna' know, and he doesn't deserve for this thread to go off topic and forget about what he did.

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:09 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Thing is, IF the thread stater does name and shame what does it achieve?
Old 29-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Chip

Thing is, IF the thread stater does name and shame what does it achieve?
Well evidently nothing, seeing as he was named as viper, who apparently is a mod on a site called rs-mania, about 3 pages ago and yet people are still asking for him to be named, even after he has been
Old 29-12-2009, 01:21 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

lol
Old 29-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Well evidently nothing, seeing as he was named as viper, who apparently is a mod on a site called rs-mania, about 3 pages ago and yet people are still asking for him to be named, even after he has been
I think they want his name on this particular forum.

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Chip

I think they want his name on this particular forum.

Benni.
As far as im aware (and according to this very thread)

Viper on RS-Mania = https://passionford.com/forum/member...stone-kev.html
Old 29-12-2009, 03:09 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Harsh tags on here especially the 1st one.
Old 29-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Harsh tags on here especially the 1st one.
What can I say? My post obviously touched a nerve with certain people. The truth hurts...

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I do not know what your particular post is referirng to but I agree, it is business.

You're very naive if you think that sort of thing doesn't go on every single day in all areas of business. There aren't many morals when it comes to making money.

If you want exclusive rights to a product then you need to take the appropriate measures to protect that interest, if you don't then you really can't expect much else?
Old 29-12-2009, 06:47 PM
cossiejay

What can I say? My post obviously touched a nerve with certain people. The truth hurts...

Benni.
Old 29-12-2009, 07:01 PM
sparticus1
How??

benni the legend but i agree whats the point starting somethignwithout following it through!!
Old 29-12-2009, 07:05 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 29-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I hate grasses - Name the grass! Then I want a new thread naming the grasses grass ad infinitum
Old 29-12-2009, 08:40 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

His Sig is still there, the one about VW trying to do a replica of my car after mine had been around for quite a few years, I suspect it wasnt really their inspiration though, although from what clarkson said based on driving it, they did indeed do a good job of replicating how my car handled at time, so sounds like they knew what they were doing so not sure what his point is meant to be TBH.
Alright, alright, I got confused

Quick Reply: Sneaky low life people....