General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

who has a blackberry

Search this Thread

Old 15-05-2010, 06:28 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve252
going to completely condridict this...

i work for vodafone on the tech team for both iphones and blackberrys. and the blackberry has MUCH more faults than the iphone has ever had and 90% of them get returned within the 12months!!! they are constantly causing us problems and i prob deal in a 75% bb to 25% iphone problem ratio. and we sell quite a few iphones over the the blackberrys each month so from my point of veiw they arent all that

however this doesnt distract from the fact when working they are brilliant phones! but u might aswel splash out on the iphone in all honesty. the apple support is soo much better when things do go wrong!
So you're one of the useless cunts at vodafone that pass me through 7 people to get to the person i want

BB support has been brilliant for me, i've just been given new ones when mine went wrong, the storms, are utter shit, but my new bold is brilliant and hasn't let me down whereas almost everyone I know with iphones have has problems with them, and have had apples awesome customer service which means they have to 'book them in' so they can take them for repair, and then they're without a phone for weeks/months...
Old 15-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Got a 8520 after 8900 packed up shit load of times

Its ok but annoying thing is when on pf it doesn't show pics when on other forums is that the same with all smartfones
Also doesn't have
Radio
Torch (like sony erriccson,used that a lot)
Decent camers (again like sony e)

Is handy when suppliers email quotes to me tho
Old 15-05-2010, 07:35 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cragrat
Got a 8520 after 8900 packed up shit load of times

Its ok but annoying thing is when on pf it doesn't show pics when on other forums is that the same with all smartfones
Also doesn't have
Radio
Torch (like sony erriccson,used that a lot)
Decent camers (again like sony e)

Is handy when suppliers email quotes to me tho

I dont have pics on my N86 either when browsing on here, its because pf is on mobile version for mobiles, but some mobiles can run the full desktop version.

But i asked last year why they dont take away the mobile version completly because this day in age most mobile phones can run the full desktop website easily.
Old 15-05-2010, 08:04 PM
steve252
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
So you're one of the useless cunts at vodafone that pass me through 7 people to get to the person i want

BB support has been brilliant for me, i've just been given new ones when mine went wrong, the storms, are utter shit, but my new bold is brilliant and hasn't let me down whereas almost everyone I know with iphones have has problems with them, and have had apples awesome customer service which means they have to 'book them in' so they can take them for repair, and then they're without a phone for weeks/months...
Ye we get wanker alerts as the calls come through so know straight away to transfer it to someone else, preferbly forign who don't speak much engish AHAHAHA

But ye there's a lot of idiots both working on the phones, nothings gunna change that just like the idiots who phone us. Try actually doing the job - its a lot harder than u fink it is
Old 15-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

My sony ericsson satio only shows PF in the mobile version boo.
Old 15-05-2010, 09:41 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
My sony ericsson satio only shows PF in the mobile version boo.
Crap isnt it, pf need to take away any mobile version so that we can all view the full thing on our mobiles
Old 15-05-2010, 10:12 PM
steve252

Originally Posted by BM08
Crap isnt it, pf need to take away any mobile version so that we can all view the full thing on our mobiles
+1 my google G1 android does this too and its sooo fucking annoying. sort it out PF
Old 15-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by BM08
Couldnt agree more.
Old 15-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ive got a Storm 2 and sadly , its the biggest pile of shit Ive ever had the god forsaken misfortune to deal with . Its been back 3 times for repairs and Voda are being complete cunts about the situation aswell

Oh well 2 months and Im out of contract , Im looking at the Sony Experia x10 but battery life is supposed to be beyond useless and theres no other phone I like

Fucking bring back the Motorola Startac
Old 15-05-2010, 10:26 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Couldnt agree more.
i put up a post in the problems section, hopefully one of the mods will see it
Old 15-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Deano
Ive got a Storm 2 and sadly , its the biggest pile of shit Ive ever had the god forsaken misfortune to deal with . Its been back 3 times for repairs and Voda are being complete cunts about the situation aswell

Oh well 2 months and Im out of contract , Im looking at the Sony Experia x10 but battery life is supposed to be beyond useless and theres no other phone I like

Haha startac 'beam me up scotty,this fone can only store 10 text messages'
Old 15-05-2010, 10:36 PM
steve252

mate if uve had 3 in the last 3 months, ring us immediately!!!! we will exhange that handset to the sony for FOC before ur expirey date so ud get a cheeper price plan on renewal as you wouldnt be takin a phone with it
Old 16-05-2010, 09:15 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Ye we get wanker alerts as the calls come through so know straight away to transfer it to someone else, preferbly forign who don't speak much engish AHAHAHA

But ye there's a lot of idiots both working on the phones, nothings gunna change that just like the idiots who phone us. Try actually doing the job - its a lot harder than u fink it is

Yea cos me going 'Hi there, can I speak to someone about sorting out my Blackberry please' is being a total wanker...

And actually, last time I phoned, I spoke to about 7 different english people...5 of which didn't seem to know their arse from their elbow.
Old 16-05-2010, 03:15 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

got the 8900 curve, best phone i have ever owned tbh
Old 16-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate if uve had 3 in the last 3 months, ring us immediately!!!! we will exhange that handset to the sony for FOC before ur expirey date so ud get a cheeper price plan on renewal as you wouldnt be takin a phone with it
Nothing against you personally mate , but Ive demaned a new phone a got a fat fucking zero on that score

Its been back 3 times for repairs in 5 months and the the fucking peice of shit is only 5 months old

I cant wait to leave Vodaphone , they can suck my sweaty unshaven sack

Last edited by Deano; 16-05-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

remember that blackberrys are aimed at the business market, to the average consumer whos looking at stuff like nokia N series, iphone, etc. they look a little crap.

when you enter the corporate world tho its a whole different ballgame, they are a complete enterprise solution.

i personally use a 9700 (Bold2) and it's a very good device.

storms are TURD, avoid.

the 8520s are very cheap n cheerful, we get em for something like 50quid each sim-free! :P still, very good entry level blackbrrys and we give em to all our normal punters now.

the storms are SHITE, avoid like the plague!

basiclaly imho if you want a business email device, and especially if you are a corprate consumer using the BES products, blackberry is a nobrainer over the competition.

if youre a consumer that wants an iphone competetor, look elsewhere this is not for you.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

oh and yes we do get a lot go faulty and need to be warranty replaced. all normally sorted out witha simple phonecall to vodafone tho
Old 16-05-2010, 07:55 PM
steve252

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
Yea cos me going 'Hi there, can I speak to someone about sorting out my Blackberry please' is being a total wanker...

And actually, last time I phoned, I spoke to about 7 different english people...5 of which didn't seem to know their arse from their elbow.
LOL TBH it doesnt suprise me, blackberrys are so damn overly complicated on our systems compared to anything else, espec the iphone which is sooo much better to diagnose faults with. they are a right nightmare to deal with the most simple of issues

Nothing against you personally mate , but Ive demaned a new phone a got a fat fucking zero on that score

Its been back 3 times for repairs in 5 months and the the fucking peice of shit is only 5 months old

I cant wait to leave Vodaphone , they can suck my sweaty unshaven sack
ye its gotta be back 3 times within 3 months for an exchange to happen unfortunetly. but dont get a BB next time as, as i said 90% are all returned to us, unreliable pieces of crap and theres nothing u can do it that you cant on other mobiles TBH