General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Engine help

Search this Thread

Old 25-12-2009, 04:58 PM
acecraig
craig89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine help

hi i have a peugeot 205 with a 1.9 mi16 conversion

since i got it the running temp has always been realy low but recently it has started to splutter about the 3500k mark in every gear part from first
was like overfueling. i put a thermistat in it because There was not 1 in it. and now it runs realy well when cold and mid temprature but when it gets hot it starts to lose oil pressure then were back to spluttering and chuging again checked the oil in it there is plenty but it is as thin as water so ive got some 15w40 there so im gona put that in it tomorow to see if it will hold oil pressure when hot.

if it is not that does any1 have any other suggestions as to what it could be any ideas would be good

cheers craig
Old 26-12-2009, 02:43 PM
acecraig
craig89

ok so i put fresh oil in it today seems to be holding oil pressure better than b4 but is still loosing pressure when it gets to running temp

so now im thinking oil pump. i am not sure if it has a pressure release valve that could be sticking open. just an idea. anybody else?
Old 26-12-2009, 02:58 PM
acecraig
craig89

i have seen this what do u think would it help