General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

4year old Mauled By Dog...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4year old Mauled By Dog...

Yet another death of a small child due to a dog.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...0252-25288226/

RIP

It also turns out the house was under investigation by police in Feb of this year.

Here's hoping it never happens again.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NO dog should be left unsupervised with a child ever it is so sad too

R I P little fella
Old 01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

and it always is the same type of breed of dog. I'm not taring all bull-terrier/ mastiff with the same brush, but these breeds have natural agression and the character ability to snap in an instant

RIP poor lad
Old 01-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Roscco
Livin' [H]ard & Fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this on the news yesterday, Shame for the kid involved.

Lovin' the media spins on the 'pitbull type' breed. 99.9% of these dogs in the hands of responsible owners who understand the breed NEVER cause any bother.

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
I'm not taring all bull-terrier/ mastiff with the same brush, but these breeds have natural agression and the character ability to snap in an instant
Never heard so much shite in all my life, that'll be why the UKKC and the AMKC nickname them the nanny dog ? They turn nasty when people kick fuck out of them or torment them everyday of thier sorry life.
NO natural tendency at all.
How many references do you want ????

Sorry if you think i'm out of order, but really boils my piss when people make uneducated statements like that, thats how witch hunts begin.

Anybody with a Staff that stays in the area would do well to keep it out of site for the time being..... I can see an 'amnesty' coming

Last edited by Roscco; 01-12-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Roscco
I can see an 'amnesty' coming

It's sad, but generally its the owners to blame for one thing or another.

It wouldn't matter if the Queen lost an ear in a dog attack, i would never give mine up, or allow her to be taken.

I personally know quite a selection of what could be classed as fighting dogs, and honestly, thier behaviour and temperament is much better than that of say, a jack russel.

You HAVE to work at making a good dog for years, not just half arsed while they are cute to make them sit for a treat etc.

Last edited by Neil@FastFord; 01-12-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

bull-terrier or mastiff-type animal, well that clears it up, one is a small dog the other a big one
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Absolutely right, all bull terrier breeds should be banned!!! This video shows just how terrifying and intimidating they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMCcs2yCI4
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

heard about this...extremely sad situation

unfortunately people forget that even these dogs who live in our houses as a family member....are still animals....and still have their animal instincts about them ....

r.i.p

x
Old 01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
It's sad, but generally its the owners to blame for one thing or another.

It wouldn't matter if the Queen lots an ear in a dog attack, i would never give mine up, or allow her to be taken.

I personally know quite a selection of what could be classed as fighting dogs, and honestly, thier behaviour and temperament is much better than that of say, a jack russel.

You HAVE to work at making a good dog for years, not just half arsed while they are cute to make them sit for a treat etc.
I agree there.

Shame responsible owners of these dogs are going to be tarred with the same brush.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Heard this on the radio in the car yesterday, tbh, i was expecting the dog to belong to one of the little 'gangsters' from norris green.

Poor little man

R.I.P
Old 01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the trouble is you here about these attacks as these dogs are so strong and powerfull were as a shitsu attacks someone it don't do alot off damage for example my mate has a 12 stone rottie and would kill me were as my dog a patterdale terrier would not bother me too much if you see what i am trying to say
Old 01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by saph4be
the trouble is you here about these attacks as these dogs are so strong and powerfull were as a shitsu attacks someone it don't do alot off damage for example my mate has a 12 stone rottie and would kill me were as my dog a patterdale terrier would not bother me too much if you see what i am trying to say
Like the woman who had her nose bitten off by a shit-su type of dog while the dog was laying next to her in bed asleep, the labrador who bitten that french ladys face.

I do think the RSPCA should set up some sort of Licence for ALL breeds of dogs.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

True, which is why training is totally vital.

I constantly work with my girl.

I have been winding her up like mad, flighting her, pulling her face, getting in her face, taking her bones etc etc ect....why?

Because i have 3 nephews under 5 and its the sorta thing they do.

I fight really rough with her and the second I deem her to be getting too excited i click my fingers and she drops straight into line and calms.

I think i have cracked it, will i relax? Nope.

Been getting the Mrs and my mum to do similar and other training with her so she knows that she is second to all humans, not just me.

I'll keep workin on it and trying new things with her. Far too many people let thier dogs get away with things.

If people don't understand the dogs and the responsibility they shouldn't have them.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you should be over 25 and apply to have a license to own any dog, with differences in breeds adding to the type of license you have

if the dog attacks someone, then the owner shoudl be insured and have to face the consequences if thir animal damages peole or property

just look at how that horse trashed ian's micra the other week and the attitude of the owner?

and they shoudl stop dogs being allowed out unleashed and unmuzzled, simple to take precautions when you ar out on the street where attacks can happen

feel sorry for teh little lad
Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Roscco
Saw this on the news yesterday, Shame for the kid involved.

Lovin' the media spins on the 'pitbull type' breed. 99.9% of these dogs in the hands of responsible owners who understand the breed NEVER cause any bother.

Never heard so much shite in all my life, that'll be why the UKKC and the AMKC nickname them the nanny dog ? They turn nasty when people kick fuck out of them or torment them everyday of thier sorry life.
NO natural tendency at all.
How many references do you want ????

Sorry if you think i'm out of order, but really boils my piss when people make uneducated statements like that, thats how witch hunts begin.

Anybody with a Staff that stays in the area would do well to keep it out of site for the time being..... I can see an 'amnesty' coming
of course its how they are raised, the same with any dog - maybe i should have worded it differently.

but i would never dream of having this type of breed of dog around children.

its a fact that all dogs have what is called "prey drive". its a natural instinct but in these types of breeds its extreamly high. Its an instinct and can be agressive which is why i would never trust these type of dogs, no matter how well trained
Old 01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by wirralphil
Like the woman who had her nose bitten off by a shit-su type of dog while the dog was laying next to her in bed asleep, the labrador who bitten that french ladys face.

I do think the RSPCA should set up some sort of Licence for ALL breeds of dogs.
I've bin saying this to a few friends, all who have dogs and thay think the same.
To meny people have them who dont have a clue and when something happens the dogs get the blame.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
you should be over 25 and apply to have a license to own any dog, with differences in breeds adding to the type of license you have

if the dog attacks someone, then the owner shoudl be insured and have to face the consequences if thir animal damages peole or property

just look at how that horse trashed ian's micra the other week and the attitude of the owner?

and they shoudl stop dogs being allowed out unleashed and unmuzzled, simple to take precautions when you ar out on the street where attacks can happen

feel sorry for teh little lad
Have they not been talking about having licence's for dogs for a little while now, but even if they did who is going to inforce as i cant see the police doing it as they dont really do a good job with dogs at the mo.

i agree with the unleashed side of the being out as neither of my two dogs go out of the lead, but the muzzle is a bit harsh as when i walk mine if we are going past people they are pulled back on a short lead so there is no chance of them jumping up at peopel, but i also think is comes down the the parents of kids when they are out with the dogs. How many times do you see kids running up to the back of the dogs and just stroking them.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mynew2
Have they not been talking about having licence's for dogs for a little while now, but even if they did who is going to inforce as i cant see the police doing it as they dont really do a good job with dogs at the mo.

i agree with the unleashed side of the being out as neither of my two dogs go out of the lead, but the muzzle is a bit harsh as when i walk mine if we are going past people they are pulled back on a short lead so there is no chance of them jumping up at peopel, but i also think is comes down the the parents of kids when they are out with the dogs. How many times do you see kids running up to the back of the dogs and just stroking them.
Their used to be a licence for dogs years back. Sort of went away.

I'm exactley the same when walking our dog, she stands next to me with a firm hold. Only time she is let off is when we enter our close as she's happy to get in. She has no interest in kids or other dogs.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

R.I.P to the little lad,but i got mad at some of the comments "american bulldog" isnt really a breed?,american bulldogs are a ticking bomb?..........are these people mental?
these people have not got a clue!!!
if the papers/news reported on every dog attack not only terriers,pits,rotties there would be no other news on! labrador,poodle,jack russell attacks are never viewed by the media
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Turns out the dog was an illegal breed.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
m3cosworth
PassionFord Regular

bottom line is in my opion after owning various types of so called dangerous dogs!
it is the owners who are to blame.
the wrong dog in the wrongs hands!
most of these attacks happen to right bloody chavs or gangster wannabe who are are very insecure themselves. dogs pick up on this.
they are very dangerous if they are trained incorrectly or not socialsied properly.
owners should be vetted not dogs!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:36 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I imagine it will be a Pit Bull as there are loads in Liverpool.

However, RSPCA are now AGAINST bread specific legislation/ DDA. The sooner this thing goes the better as there are innocent pit bulls being killed too often.

It is ALL down the the owner.

Last edited by OldDan; 01-12-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by OldDan
It is ALL down the the owner.
Fully agree.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Makes me laugh when bull breeds get the blame,All dogs are animals and can be dangerous, its how you bring them up.

I trust my staffi 100% with my kids and when i walk her off the lead in the park its always the runty shitty little things that come running up to her trying to bite her ankles and when she bowls them over playing the owners get all arsy about it, soon to be put right on its there ankle biter that come running up to my dog!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

How would licences help?

We had licences for dgos many years ago - we have licences for many other things that unfortunatly kill people...

Alex
Old 01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just make people accountable hopefully.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Don't blame the dogs, blame the fucktard owners! RIP for the kiddie, very sad

They should bring back the dog lisence
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

and it always is the same type of breed of dog. I'm not taring all bull-terrier/ mastiff with the same brush, but these breeds have natural agression and the character ability to snap in an instant

RIP poor lad

i agree with you as well

r.i.p
Old 01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

of course its how they are raised, the same with any dog - maybe i should have worded it differently.

but i would never dream of having this type of breed of dog around children.

its a fact that all dogs have what is called "prey drive". its a natural instinct but in these types of breeds its extreamly high. Its an instinct and can be agressive which is why i would never trust these type of dogs, no matter how well trained
You just need to own a dog full stop, huge tinge of ignorance on what your saying...your 1st post majorly. I've got a Bullmastiff and unless he had a VERY strong reason to react he's the calmest and soppiest dog about, but then trust him with my life. You're just going with trendy terms to feign knowledge.

There's chavvy pricks who rag around Cossie's and whack up premiums, ruin the reputation of the rest, should they ban any potentially lairy cars...of course fucking not.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Ad4m RST
You just need to own a dog full stop, huge tinge of ignorance on what your saying...your 1st post majorly. I've got a Bullmastiff and unless he had a VERY strong reason to react he's the calmest and soppiest dog about, but then trust him with my life. You're just going with trendy terms to feign knowledge.

There's chavvy pricks who rag around Cossie's and whack up premiums, ruin the reputation of the rest, should they ban any potentially lairy cars...of course fucking not.
??? i've grown up with dogs all my life, i think its ignorant of you to think i know nothing, you dont know me! now thats ignorance!!!!!

how to you know i'm going with "trendy terms" do you think the term "prey drive" i just picked out of thin air?

Great analogy by the way
Old 01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Blaming the Police for the idiotic parents is a bit rich imo.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dogs can be dangerous animals, but guess what so are humans! Its a tragedy that this child was killed in such a way. Were going to end up imposing more rules on four legged animals than we do people who look after our children!! As already said the papers love jumping on stuff like this. There is no solution and I doubt there ever will be. Dogs will continue to be mistret and developed in to fierce animals whether they need a license or not. The dog is born a blank canvas, its up to us to paint the picture!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

??? i've grown up with dogs all my life, i think its ignorant of you to think i know nothing, you dont know me! now thats ignorance!!!!!

how to you know i'm going with "trendy terms" do you think the term "prey drive" i just picked out of thin air?

Great analogy by the way
Obviously never learnt much, ignorance is making sweeping statements especially when the person had prior knowledge!

Yous use prey drive as a detriment to all dogs of a certain breed, so applying a trendy term, you obviously don't have any idea what it means to own/raise that kind of dog. And if you do you must just be posting for some attention...

Yeah I thought the analogy was great, going off your contribution to this thread I thought I'd better keep it close to home since you're swept up in hype quite easily.

Last edited by Ad4m RST; 01-12-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by StephenC
Dogs can be dangerous animals, but guess what so are humans! Its a tragedy that this child was killed in such a way. Were going to end up imposing more rules on four legged animals than we do people who look after our children!! As already said the papers love jumping on stuff like this. There is no solution and I doubt there ever will be. Dogs will continue to be mistret and developed in to fierce animals whether they need a license or not. The dog is born a blank canvas, its up to us to paint the picture!

very true

its clear the media have got a vendetta for these breeds
Old 01-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Very sad time for the little boy and I feel very sorry for him, I hope he's in a better place. I don't blame the dog, personally, I blame the owner. I bet you if someone who was well into their dogs had this particular dog from a puppy he could have been a lovely dog.

My friend has two Pitbulls and both were taken from him by the Police and returned around 3 months later, when he was certified as being safe and sound. They're both big softies.

Once again - RIP. Benni.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

dog are only good for turning dog food into dog sh*t

i have had menny growing and my mums about to get another, why she loves them so much is beyond me ive not always felt this way buts there so much responsablity feed, water, walk, fook that just get a computer and a cyber dog lol

i blame the owner 90% of staff owners rough play with there dog i met a staffy that has never fort for a toy or rough played in its life and its owner makes an issue of this and the dog is so different more like a springer spanual/border collie sort of temprement chases balls brings them back and drops it not fighting you for it like most do it also playes with other dog not in a fighty way either
Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

dogs fault or owner ? it makes no difference to the result. another child is dead.
im sure people kick cats and other types of dog but you dont hear about them mauling anyone.
its the owners that are so blinkered as to totally deny any fault lies with those type of dogs that confuse me. i hope they dont have kids themselves.
although blame has to lie with the owners for allowing such dogs into the homes of children in the first place.
im sure just like people there are bad ones from birth.

Last edited by fuzzy; 01-12-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by fuzzy
im sure people kick cats and other types of dog but you dont hear about them mauling anyone.
It's because of their size. I can assure you now if my cat, Blacky, was the size of a Pitbull, I'd be well dead. She's vicious, very vicious. However, at worst I have a hand full of cuts. Loads and loads of small dogs are snappy and vicious, but again at worst you have a bit of blood from your leg or something.

Benni.

Quick Reply: 4year old Mauled By Dog...