General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How to become a millionare? any on here want to let us know lol

Search this Thread

Old 30-11-2009, 03:58 PM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lovin the tags
Old 30-11-2009, 03:59 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WORK 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2 jobs a day, dodge the tax man somehow.

then win the lottery
Old 30-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
People never live to their means.

Benni.

some people do, I have been un-employed now for nearly 6 months and dont get me wrong things are pretty tight at the minute, but we can still afford to pay all the bills and I am in no danger of loosing my house, so I would say that i certainly live within my means
Old 30-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Nick D
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
Or work in construction in Dubai

Mike
No no no lol! Abu Dhabi is the way forward for work, you need to live in Dubai for the lifestyle!!! AD is only an hour taking it easy, still the way forward is ICAP
Old 30-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by andrewg
mate you went wrong from the start just like me!! you bought a cosworth!

I'm gonna jump in here and blame you too
Old 30-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by dingocatcher
Sorry your right, but been following for a while and well invested at above the price now just worth a watching, but its a very risky business.
Just too risky for me... I wasn't having a go at you or anything. It's just that I personally only go for short-term trades that have a high probability of being successful(in my opinion). Buying in the first few days of the hype would be my kind of trade. But because they're driven to these heights purely on that hype, I wouldn't want to be holding after things have fizzled out.

Did you dabble with BMR too? What about GRL and ENEG?

Oh and I concentrate almost solely on trading gold now.
Old 30-11-2009, 04:07 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

A day in the life == go visit andrew he asks how the 3 door i say not bad = andy says i have a harvey engine sittin there before you know it its being fitted.& thats just 1 example over the last 9 years
Old 30-11-2009, 04:11 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

be a GOOD drug dealer,

its always these with the money nice cars and houses,

think i may try it when i learn to drive
Old 30-11-2009, 04:12 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

or a prostitue, sex and money, its a win win
Old 30-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by jammerrs
be a GOOD drug dealer,

its always these with the money nice cars and houses,

think i may try it when i learn to drive
More hastle than it's worth. Just think about it. There's a guy local to me who's basically just a chav(ned up here). He drives a 40k Audi while wearing his trackies. He's 23

That's all brilliant, but when it goes tits up it goes tits up in a big way.
Old 30-11-2009, 04:17 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a family relative who is comfortably on his way to being one, he worked upto 20 hours a day for 3 years solid doing 3 times the work his colleagues were, it all started as a trainee in a call centre proving he could manage staff well, from there he worked his way through a company watching the mistakes that people above him made so when they either left or got a promotion he could nearly guarantee he would fill their position.

Years of doing this moved him into a position where he was asked to run a company that myself and probably most of this forum use most days and from being in that position and working 20 hour days he is now plays a big part in a large American based company who are set to be a huge success, although that like anything can quickly turn to crap.

I would say its been nothing more than working bloody hard but obviously he has taken risks with jobs along the way and deals he has no doubt organized that I expect if they had of gone wrong would of left him with no job but I do think he just now knows the right people to always be working in the right places but he recently admitted to me that certain deals have gone badly and he's lost plenty in taking risks.

I'm not sure if I could actually do what he has, maybe because I do not have the confidence that he does but also because it has taken over his life and affected a lot of things I find more important in life, winning the lottery is just a bit of luck, if you have no sense you will quickly (as people have proven to) blow your money on the wrong things and be left with very little, the risks you take to become that rich can quickly put you back on the street but when they pay off they can be life changing.

Being rich is achievable with hard work, being a millionaire only comes from luck, inheritance or working harder than 99% of people feel they are capable of and to be fair IMO most people are just too happy with their lives to take the risk of going to the next step.
Old 30-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Im doing a bit of that myself, the current base rate is making it very profitable for me at the moment, as my deal is a 25 year tracker, so im currently paying 115 quid a month mortgage on a property I rent out for 600 quid a month, so its a truely epic % profit at the moment.
But its hardly a quick way to a million unless youve got a very well paid job to regularly front up big deposits to expand your portfolio of property.

As you say, the problem these days is that buy to let is hard to get a mortgage for on a good deal!! The buy to let bubble has burst for now

Originally Posted by Chip
Im sure there are quite a few people on here though, who 50K would seem like a prison sentance to and they just wouldnt know how to live on it, and likewise I am sure there are some people on here who would think that is being rich.

Its all relative I guess!
£50k really isnt much money at all!!! Yeah sure its plenty to live comfortably on, but if your married, got 2 or 3 sprogs then your going to be watching the pennies!!!

Even as a single bloke i can easily spend £50k without going too extravagant. FUCKING COSSIES

Even before i had a cossie, living on base, i was spending £3k a month by the time you do a trackday a month, a few long distance trips, a couple of mods plus the usual costs I didnt even had booze to spend on!

But yeah it is relative!! I can live on £15k with ease now, but obviously you have to save for everything!! YOu have to actually budget!!!

Id say clearing £50k after tax (£75k before) would be a good wage as you could afford a decent house and all the trimmings and still not have to worry when you want to do something nice on the fly because youve got the stability to do it.

Seriously doubt id get anything like that anytime in the next 10 years if ever, to be frank id be happy getting back to the kind of wage i was on in navy.

Originally Posted by Porkie
but the fact that I am currently owed about £60k through lots of loans to friends
Your obviously a good friend or a bit too nice for your own good!!! I been burnt by too many bitchs for the loans to friends business
Old 30-11-2009, 04:27 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

get chip or die trying tag is brilliant
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
Im sure there will be a few ppl on here a millionaire on paper
Theres a guy round the corner from me who on paper is a millionaire, as for what I call live cash (spunkable cash) your paperboy probably has more ready money than him.
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Even as a single bloke i can easily spend £50k without going too extravagant. FUCKING COSSIES

Even before i had a cossie, living on base, i was spending £3k a month by the time you do a trackday a month, a few long distance trips, a couple of mods plus the usual costs I didnt even had booze to spend on!

Your obviously a good friend or a bit too nice for your own good!!! I been burnt by too many bitchs for the loans to friends business [/quote]

What did you do in the Navy to be bringing in 3k a month Warren if you dont mind me asking?

Mike
Old 30-11-2009, 04:35 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Alan_D
More hastle than it's worth. Just think about it. There's a guy local to me who's basically just a chav(ned up here). He drives a 40k Audi while wearing his trackies. He's 23

That's all brilliant, but when it goes tits up it goes tits up in a big way.
true, but i dont mean the bottom line chavs doing it,

i mean the main man who has little scrotes taking the rat for him and doing the deals
Old 30-11-2009, 04:39 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Woah @ Porkie being owed 60k by mates.

I remember reading about who a few of those people were and how they treated you, quite unbelievable that you do someone such a large favour and then they treat you like that

I hadn't read the full thread when I posted above but some fair points have been raised, living within your means is the key and lets face it many of us don't.

I've made some serious changes in the last few months and I am already seeing the difference, I don't expect to become a millionaire or be earning 100k by the time next year but I do have a very positive outlook now I've knocked a few things on the head that have been holding me back in life for years.
Old 30-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by jammerrs
true, but i dont mean the bottom line chavs doing it,

i mean the main man who has little scrotes taking the rat for him and doing the deals
True, but big risk involved again. Not one of the main men I'm sure, but a guy had his head blown off local to me(why is this all local to me? ) this year. He was involved in that game.
Old 30-11-2009, 04:52 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Being a drug dealer

Nice honest career that, as much as some businessman shit on each other that is taking it to the next level, somewhere down the line there is a man who will not take shit from anyone and he will most probably fire you in a much nastier way than Alan Sugar would ever dare
Old 30-11-2009, 05:08 PM
dingocatcher
Virgin

Just too risky for me... I wasn't having a go at you or anything. It's just that I personally only go for short-term trades that have a high probability of being successful(in my opinion). Buying in the first few days of the hype would be my kind of trade. But because they're driven to these heights purely on that hype, I wouldn't want to be holding after things have fizzled out.

Made a lot outta fml in the highs and lows, i reckon it will make a bit soon too but im not in yet, rene was a good share for me too as well as tw. i don't mind what i'm in as long as i'm not in at the peak! Biggest disaster was vgm never seem to time it right, just when you mentioned gold!!

Ps ukc would be worth a watching

Last edited by dingocatcher; 30-11-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 30-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

What did you do in the Navy to be bringing in 3k a month Warren if you dont mind me asking?
Commissioned Officer - Lt with 6 years seniority, submarine pay, sea pay, plus on top of that i had £30k of bonus in my last 6 years but i not counted that!
Old 30-11-2009, 05:39 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Who do you trade your gold with?

Drop me a PM - might be able to offer you some tight spreads, and a very bespoke personalised service depending on volume you trade.
Old 30-11-2009, 05:52 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by carlo
Not sure what he bought can mind seeing a pic of the said card
Old 30-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

[quote=MikeR;4545224]
Originally Posted by Benni
People never live to their means. This is a problem I've found in a lot of people.

I don't just go round claiming people can't afford things unless I know them mate.

Seems a little strange to me as your first statement is a little bit sweeping

Mike
What's so strange about it? I never meant everyone!

Benni.
Old 30-11-2009, 06:11 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PT
I bet you went fucking mental when you saw that!!
Old 30-11-2009, 06:13 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

The biggest reason people are skint is that they don't understand the fundamental difference between an asset and a liability....
Old 30-11-2009, 06:18 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Commissioned Officer - Lt with 6 years seniority, submarine pay, sea pay, plus on top of that i had £30k of bonus in my last 6 years but i not counted that!

is that all they paid you, no wonder you left
Old 30-11-2009, 06:24 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
The biggest reason people are skint is that they don't understand the fundamental difference between an asset and a liability....
At least were now on topic with what this site is about
Old 30-11-2009, 06:26 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by SiZT
At least were now on topic with what this site is about
The easiest test of this is to ask people if their house is an asset
Old 30-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by sbd16v
is that all they paid you, no wonder you left
What you on then

I didnt have a choice about leaving either!! Id of gone back to skimmers or commanded a desk till i am 37 if theyd of let me!!
Old 30-11-2009, 06:40 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

What you on then

less i am 2300 take home, but thats in sultan so no sea pay, and im just a damn killick so you deff worked more for yours
Old 30-11-2009, 06:46 PM
c2ssv
the best 4x4xfar

go on x-factor
Old 30-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by sbd16v
less i am 2300 take home, but thats in sultan so no sea pay, and im just a damn killick so you deff worked more for yours

2 1/2 is where its at as you get the top whack submarine pay

Hows "save as you starve" dining going there??? Still goats on the Fort?? a couple of them could make a good dinner

Do boy racers still run the drag strip before crashing into the roundabout by the cocked hat???
Old 30-11-2009, 07:23 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So were did it all go wrong?

Mike
Old 30-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So were did it all go wrong?

Mike

in his head
Old 30-11-2009, 07:43 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

there is a very good book called "Rich Dad, poor Dad" which is all about this sort of stuff, its very very good!
Old 30-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

God yes... live in London with a non working wife and few kids at boarding or private school, few nice holidays a year and without ever being that extravagent with cars and stuff and you need to be earning 300k+ minimum just to get by semi comfortably in my opinion....

OR you can just be an unemployed immigrant and get a lovely house given to you....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...g-benefit.html
Old 30-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

really? I confused by that one.... surely

depends on where it is... what its worth and if you own it outright or not....

The house I live in is an asset for example. My EMPTY flat in bath with a thousand pound a month mortgage and no tenant could be classed as a liability.... but as I can sell it for more than I owe on it. so is that a liability or an asset... I am confused!
Old 30-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Who do you trade your gold with?

Drop me a PM - might be able to offer you some tight spreads, and a very bespoke personalised service depending on volume you trade.
PM sent.
Old 30-11-2009, 08:18 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
God yes... live in London with a non working wife and few kids at boarding or private school, few nice holidays a year and without ever being that extravagent with cars and stuff and you need to be earning 300k+ minimum just to get by semi comfortably in my opinion....

OR you can just be an unemployed immigrant and get a lovely house given to you....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...g-benefit.html
Hey thats Benni you are quoting not me l have my marbles still

I agree Lee it is all massivly relative,

Mike

Last edited by MikeR; 30-11-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: How to become a millionare? any on here want to let us know lol