General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Top Gear 'ad' breached guidelines

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gear 'ad' breached guidelines

Why does everyone moan about things on TV? I find any advert to be wasting my time, brakes in programs wasting my time, and some adverts to be offensive. but you dont see me Moaning?

the advert with the two Guys dressed as women to be VERY offensive. the new Plenty advert.

Yet i dont moan about it?

But because someone found a shooting on BBC topgear to be offensive, and the word below discribing a ginger homo, which in fact is the short term for a homosexual they all fucking moan,

why dont they just TURN over, FFS....
Anyway lets hope topgear still has some laughs init and madness..

but i bet half the people moaning if not all watch Saw 3 when they get home from work, or a film that has SHOOTting init, or killing. yet the Bloody Well moan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8350222.stm

A spoof car advert shown on BBC Two's motoring show Top Gear was too graphic for the time of its broadcast, the broadcasting watchdog Ofcom has ruled. The mock advert, which featured a man committing suicide by shooting himself in the head, prompted 50 complaints.
The BBC argued that the advert, shown before the 2100 watershed on 2 August, was "ludicrous and obviously comic".
But Ofcom found the programme in breach of its guidelines, saying it "exceeded audience expectations".

The spoof suicide, it ruled, was both "graphically depicted" and "potentially disturbing" and was not editorially justified.
Edited out
No warning had been given before the programme, which also included a mock advert featuring a man with a severed arm in a hospital waiting room.
Ofcom noted that the scene showing the man shooting himself was edited out of a repeat of the programme shown on BBC Two at an earlier time.
It is not the first time that Top Gear - hosted by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May - has fallen foul of the broadcasting regulator.
In 2007, Clarkson was criticised for described a vehicle as being "ginger beer", a term Ofcom said could be offensive to homosexuals.
The following year, though, the same presenter escaped censure after making jokes about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes.
In its November bulletin, Ofcom cleared Top Gear on three other counts that drew a total of 13 complaints.

Last edited by RSTurboSI; 09-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

I see you moaning about them moaning though
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
''they moaned first''

So i moan, if they didnt moan i wouldnt moan
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

I know what your saying if you dont like something turn the fucker over i hate ppl that complain over stupid things!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

If people keep moaning then topgear will be removed.. and i just cant face watching whats it called............................................ .......................FithGear

Always likew watching James may getting beaten by the other two, clarkson and hamond.

lol
Old 09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Greggyboy

its the PC brigade again there one of the reasons the reason the country is in the state it is
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Greggyboy
its the PC brigade again there one of the reasons the reason the country is in the state it is
Should we all sprinkle fairy dust around and dance like a queen??

Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Originally Posted by RSTurboSI
If people keep moaning then topgear will be removed.. and i just cant face watching whats it called............................................ .......................FithGear

Always likew watching James may getting beaten by the other two, clarkson and hamond.

lol
You think Top Gear will be removed? The ratio of people complaining to the people who laugh it off is insignificant.

Fifth Gear has been cancelled now anyway, so god forbid you should have to watch Vroooom vrooom on Sky1
Old 09-11-2009, 03:47 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

You think Top Gear will be removed? The ratio of people complaining to the people who laugh it off is insignificant.

Fifth Gear has been cancelled now anyway, so god forbid you should have to watch Vroooom vrooom on Sky1
Oh gosh no! i've got about 998 chanels left after that bloody Vroom vroom crap. sure i can find something ''just as intresting as topgear''
XXXLadyXXX is not bad for the first 5min
Old 09-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Funny how the complaint has been made and is in the press today a week before the new series starts.

Im guessing an email went round the BBC at the weekend

" everyone one complain to the ofcom please about the suiside scean from topgear to get it in the press and some free national advertising for us"

Thanks BBC topgear MD

Old 09-11-2009, 04:19 PM
rarerims.co.uk
Wheel Seller

Fifth Gear is cancelled, and no more

This sort of thing is perfect for Top Gear, more people will hear about the new series through this uproar than ever would have seen the advert

Reminds me of their other making the paper type antics just before every other season starts
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

50 complaints! Wow!

Those 50 people must be proud of themselves, now that they're the laughing stock of the umpteen million Top Gear fans.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

I wonder how many write in saying 'done a top job fellas, great program'
Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

But those 50 won't be proper viewers, they will be sad tree hugging fascists who want everybody to stop driving anywhere ever. They sit in a dull room watching a telly powered by mother earths breath and dandilion tears just waiting to pounce on anything that they might be able to complain about to label anybody that drives a car as being environmentally irresponsible.

Or am I being too sensitive?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Originally Posted by Oranoco
But those 50 won't be proper viewers, they will be sad tree hugging fascists who want everybody to stop driving anywhere ever. They sit in a dull room watching a telly powered by mother earths breath and dandilion tears just waiting to pounce on anything that they might be able to complain about to label anybody that drives a car as being environmentally irresponsible.

Or am I being too sensitive?
I am offended by their complaints. I should complain at the highest possible level.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:05 PM
JEEMO
Part of the Furniture

I think Top Gear is a great program. I think its hilarious although I don't like the umpteen repeats of episodes from 2002 etc on Dave. I can't believe people actually waste their time to moan about something on TV. Why not take their TVs away?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:43 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by rarerims.co.uk
Fifth Gear is cancelled, and no more

This sort of thing is perfect for Top Gear, more people will hear about the new series through this uproar than ever would have seen the advert

Reminds me of their other making the paper type antics just before every other season starts
5th gear may be cancelled, but i don'tthink it stopped vbh or tiff appearing on the top gear dvd's
Old 10-11-2009, 03:02 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just sad int it. get out abit. im going to watch topgear next sunday or when ever it is the new series starts laugh, then get on with my life haha. good for jeremy richard and james making lots of money an entertaining however many hundred 1000.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone who actually phones up to complain about a TV program or advert really needs to get a life. They obviously don't have very much to do. If you don't like it, easy, TURN THE CHANNEL OVER!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
polly_x

HA HA, quality. One of my best mates is the guy who shot himself in that ad.

I've told him this is his chance to be famous!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:17 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Originally Posted by muz
Anyone who actually phones up to complain about a TV program or advert really needs to get a life. They obviously don't have very much to do. If you don't like it, easy, TURN THE CHANNEL OVER!
Wholeheartedly agree!

Complaining about an advert that is a blatant lie is fine. I have no problem with that. Most sane people would agree. I find X-Factor offensive, but I've managed to keep my thoughts on that particular waste of airspace away from Ofcom's molly-coddling ears. Satellite has a thousand channels to choose from, and if you're not using satellite, flick over on your freeview box, or if you didn't believe the digital hype and kept it old skool, at worst you've got a choice of three other channels to watch! Failing that, VHS or DVD's only need you to get off your lazy arse!

It baffles me that some people need to be told to exercise their right to free choice, at least for as long as we still have it!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Some people are not happy unless they are moanning though