General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

where is stavros?

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I'll ask him now, seeing as we work in the same office! He's "fine thanks"!

Thank you LOL

Ask Neil if he is there about me and his dog... Bastard thing
Old 27-10-2009, 05:35 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Met him a few times and know one of his best mates really well, I'll ask him when I speak to him next how he's getting on, Just for you Dojj.

As far as I know, he did sell the S2000, got a large some of cash for it, sold the chaser for parts and bought the Rex in the link above.
thanks mate, but..

I'll ask him now, seeing as we work in the same office! He's "fine thanks"!
any idea who he was ranting about then? or does he want to keep it a secret?

but only if you aren't starstruck
Old 27-10-2009, 07:53 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Sorry who?

Luciano
Old 27-10-2009, 07:59 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Sorry who?

Luciano
little bald chap, he of the fancy day glow jackets and fit birds 15 rungs up the ladder from what you'd expect him to be able to attain
Old 27-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Drunken Master
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timrud
I think he added something to the forum!

Another Chip like character
I thought he was pretty funny. Unlike Chip, he just pretends to be someone he's not!
Old 27-10-2009, 10:33 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chip does not pretend to be anybody. He is who he is. when will people on here finally grasp that fact
Old 27-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Chip does not pretend to be anybody. He is who he is. when will people on here finally grasp that fact
Indeed, its proper funny the way people on here talk like they know me when they so clearly dont

On here I'll rip the piss, on here I'll go out of my way to help people out, on here I like to have a laugh, on here I'll comment on politics or religion but mainly love to chat about engines and tuning etc
Thats exactly me in real life too, no difference, other than on here people slag me off but ive never had it in real life, guess they must be reading things with a different tone to the one they were written with which doesnt happen with the spoken word, strange place the internet at times!

All water off a ducks back anyway of course, cant imagine why anyone thinks I would want their guessed and totally inaccurate opinion of what I might be like if they had met me when they havent, and yet I seem to get plenty of people give it anyway
Old 27-10-2009, 11:06 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dojj i tracked down his twin brother for you.

but he didn't know much of his whereabouts though
Old 28-10-2009, 07:18 AM
mad russell
Volvo Mad

Originally Posted by Chip
Indeed, its proper funny the way people on here talk like they know me when they so clearly dont

On here I'll rip the piss, on here I'll go out of my way to help people out, on here I like to have a laugh, on here I'll comment on politics or religion but mainly love to chat about engines and tuning etc
Thats exactly me in real life too, no difference, other than on here people slag me off but ive never had it in real life, guess they must be reading things with a different tone to the one they were written with which doesnt happen with the spoken word, strange place the internet at times!

All water off a ducks back anyway of course, cant imagine why anyone thinks I would want their guessed and totally inaccurate opinion of what I might be like if they had met me when they havent, and yet I seem to get plenty of people give it anyway
Hi Chip

Well said the key board experts are everywhere.

Russ
Old 28-10-2009, 08:23 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

who was it that owned the wannabe turbo saxo i am sure it was someone at future publishing
Old 28-10-2009, 09:12 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mozzy
who was it that owned the wannabe turbo saxo i am sure it was someone at future publishing
Guy called 'Gangsta Al'. He left the car mags and now works on Computer Arts magazine now.
Old 28-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

Anyone that has to reply to a comment to tell folk you are the same in real life as the internet is clearly not like that in real life. You may well be like it around your friends but thats totally different as they know who you are. The way you treat strangers on here you would never speak to them like that in real life, so please stop being an idiot AGAIN.
Old 28-10-2009, 10:54 AM
dojj

Guy called 'Gangsta Al'. He left the car mags and now works on Computer Arts magazine now.
is there anyone who's not work on a car mag
Old 28-10-2009, 11:14 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Turner RS
Anyone that has to reply to a comment to tell folk you are the same in real life as the internet is clearly not like that in real life. You may well be like it around your friends but thats totally different as they know who you are. The way you treat strangers on here you would never speak to them like that in real life, so please stop being an idiot AGAIN.
Haha, had to laugh at this. He is just the same in 'real life', even with strangers, believe me!
Old 28-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Chip

Anyone that has to reply to a comment to tell folk you are the same in real life as the internet is clearly not like that in real life.
Thats not true at all, im a very pedantic person in real life too, if something is wrong, I will correct it, in real life or on the internet, I like facts and knowledge, if I was wrong about something I would want to be told, and as I treat others how I would want to be treated, that means I tell people if they are wrong, just like I would want to be told myself if I was.
Again you really are just showing that you dont know me well enough to judge me and the more you post talking about me the more obvious that becomes, why numptys like you feel that anyone cares so much about your opinion of someones personality from reading a few things on the internet and putting your own slant on them is beyond me TBH, personally I wait till Ive met someone, the written word can easily be read in a different tone to which it is written.

You may well be like it around your friends but thats totally different as they know who you are. The way you treat strangers on here you would never speak to them like that in real life, so please stop being an idiot AGAIN.
Clearly you think know me far better than I do, or any of the people who know me well do for that matter, all just after you read some posts I made on the internet, and (as we all do) put your own tone on them as you did so
Old 28-10-2009, 12:27 PM
dojj

chip is much funnier in real life

but perhaps not as photogenic
Old 28-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

Thats not true at all, im a very pedantic person in real life too, if something is wrong, I will correct it, in real life or on the internet, I like facts and knowledge, if I was wrong about something I would want to be told, and as I treat others how I would want to be treated, that means I tell people if they are wrong, just like I would want to be told myself if I was.
Again you really are just showing that you dont know me well enough to judge me and the more you post talking about me the more obvious that becomes, why numptys like you feel that anyone cares so much about your opinion of someones personality from reading a few things on the internet and putting your own slant on them is beyond me TBH, personally I wait till Ive met someone, the written word can easily be read in a different tone to which it is written.

Clearly you think know me far better than I do, or any of the people who know me well do for that matter, all just after you read some posts I made on the internet, and (as we all do) put your own tone on them as you did so

Again your mates backing you up saying you are like it in real life, i am talking when your not around your mates pal. If you acted the same you wouldnt have fingers to type with LOL. I dont know you from Adam but its basic phycology that if you have to type on a forum that you are "the man" to total strangers then quite clearly in reality you are not the same on your own. Get over yourself! Most humans would act the biggun with mates behind them.
Old 28-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Chip

Again your mates backing you up saying you are like it in real life, i am talking when your not around your mates pal. If you acted the same you wouldnt have fingers to type with LOL.
Its YOU that is different in how you take me on here to how you would in real life, if I type something ripping the piss in a friendly way or in an aggressive way, they would both look the same and it would be up to the person reading it how they took it.
Where as when I say the same thing in real life, its far more obvious how its intended, I dont say anything on here any different to what I do in real life, I dont need "mates behind me" to do so as Im not actually being aggressive in the first place, if you are reading it like that then it says far more about your offline personality than mine.
If you read everything I say with a smile and a laugh, then thats far more accurate a representation of how I typed it.

I have never typed a single word on here, that I wouldnt say the same thing to a person in real life if they had said the same thing to me as the post that got whatever response it is from me.
Ive been like that for 34 years and never once in real life has it made someone aggressive towards me, but it frequently appears that it does on the internet, that because of one of two things IMHO
1) People read things wrongly and interpret them differently to in real life where there is body language and tone of voice to take into account as well, so they are reacting differently to something because THEY have put a more negative slant on something than it was intended to be delievered with
2) The people having a go at me are keyboard warriors who wouldnt say the same in real life that they do on here even if they were so mortally offended that I just called them a "numpty" or similar.

Ive no idea which you happen to fall into out of those two categories, possibly a bit of both, feel free to come up to me at ford fair or similar though and have a chat to me if Im so interesting to you (I assume I must be or you wouldnt be wasting your time talking about me)
Maybe you'll work out im still saying the same things, but you've been reading them in the wrong tone for years, or maybe you'll be the first person ever to get so offended by me in real life that you swing for me

I dont know you from Adam but its basic phycology that if you have to type on a forum that you are "the man" to total strangers then quite clearly in reality you are not the same on your own. Get over yourself! Most humans would act the biggun with mates behind them.
Ive no idea what you are on about there, I dont claim to be "the man" online or offline, nor do I "act the biggun" either online or offline either, that implies I go around threatening people with violence or something, which I never do either online or offline, sounds to me like you very clearly have somehow got a very wrong impression of me, so I am sure that I am NOTHING like in real life what YOU THINK I am like on the internet, because clearly what YOU THINK I am like on the internet is in fact nothing like I actually am.

In the unlikely event that rather than just deciding that bitching at me is a fashionable bandwagon for you to be on while you are on the internet, can you give me just ONE example of something that I have said on here that you think I would have said any different in real life in response to the same comment as whatever my post you quite was referring to?

Out of nearly 30K posts from me that you claim are somehow different to how I would be in real life, it should be easy for you to find an example that supports what you are saying if you arent just chatting total and absolute unadultarated bollocks and nonsense surely?

Last edited by Chip; 28-10-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 28-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by dojj
chip is much funnier in real life
Its the way I tell em

but perhaps not as photogenic
Cunt
Old 28-10-2009, 02:47 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

the Chip fan club strikes again lol
Old 28-10-2009, 04:57 PM
dojj

Its the way I tell em
stop hijacking my thread

Cunt
i'm mortally offended, wait till i see you at ford fair, i'll make rude gestures in your direction from a short distance away
Old 28-10-2009, 05:02 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its YOU that is different in how you take me on here to how you would in real life, if I type something ripping the piss in a friendly way or in an aggressive way, they would both look the same and it would be up to the person reading it how they took it.
Where as when I say the same thing in real life, its far more obvious how its intended, I dont say anything on here any different to what I do in real life, I dont need "mates behind me" to do so as Im not actually being aggressive in the first place, if you are reading it like that then it says far more about your offline personality than mine.
If you read everything I say with a smile and a laugh, then thats far more accurate a representation of how I typed it.

I have never typed a single word on here, that I wouldnt say the same thing to a person in real life if they had said the same thing to me as the post that got whatever response it is from me.
Ive been like that for 34 years and never once in real life has it made someone aggressive towards me, but it frequently appears that it does on the internet, that because of one of two things IMHO
1) People read things wrongly and interpret them differently to in real life where there is body language and tone of voice to take into account as well, so they are reacting differently to something because THEY have put a more negative slant on something than it was intended to be delievered with
2) The people having a go at me are keyboard warriors who wouldnt say the same in real life that they do on here even if they were so mortally offended that I just called them a "numpty" or similar.

Ive no idea which you happen to fall into out of those two categories, possibly a bit of both, feel free to come up to me at ford fair or similar though and have a chat to me if Im so interesting to you (I assume I must be or you wouldnt be wasting your time talking about me)
Maybe you'll work out im still saying the same things, but you've been reading them in the wrong tone for years, or maybe you'll be the first person ever to get so offended by me in real life that you swing for me

Ive no idea what you are on about there, I dont claim to be "the man" online or offline, nor do I "act the biggun" either online or offline either, that implies I go around threatening people with violence or something, which I never do either online or offline, sounds to me like you very clearly have somehow got a very wrong impression of me, so I am sure that I am NOTHING like in real life what YOU THINK I am like on the internet, because clearly what YOU THINK I am like on the internet is in fact nothing like I actually am.

In the unlikely event that rather than just deciding that bitching at me is a fashionable bandwagon for you to be on while you are on the internet, can you give me just ONE example of something that I have said on here that you think I would have said any different in real life in response to the same comment as whatever my post you quite was referring to?

Out of nearly 30K posts from me that you claim are somehow different to how I would be in real life, it should be easy for you to find an example that supports what you are saying if you arent just chatting total and absolute unadultarated bollocks and nonsense surely?

oh ffs chip,i didn't read any of that but cant you put all that effort into something else?

how many hours a day are you on here??
Old 28-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

i heard he had a terrible accident

he dissapeard up his own arse and was never seen again
Old 28-10-2009, 05:19 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dovboy
oh ffs chip,i didn't read any of that but cant you put all that effort into something else?

Getting paid well to do it too, can't be pad...

Stavros that short podgy Chinese chap?
Old 28-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by dovboy

I can type about 80 words a minute, meaning that reply was an invesment of about 2 or 3 mins of my time, so I probably dont spend anywhere near as long on here as most people think I do, but last week I was in work for 30 hours, and only had 7 hours chargable to a client on my timesheet, so to answer your question, probably about half of the remaining 23 hours was on here and probably a couple of hours of "my own time" on top of that, so maybe a dozen hours in a week actually on here I guess.
Although obviously it looks a lot more if I switch to the window and reply to topics for 2 mins 5 times an hour, it looks like ive been on here an hour not the ten minutes I actually was I suppose!

Last edited by Chip; 28-10-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 28-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Getting paid well to do it too, can't be bad...
TBH, its pretty fucking boring, I prefer it when I have lots of work to do, but Im not about to leave a fairly well paid job just cause its quiet at a time like the moment, as Id struggle to find another one on the same money I reckon, so, im happy enough to just kill time on forums etc till the work picks up, thankfully I get paid the same anyway till it does

Stavros that short podgy Chinese chap?
Think he's cypriot or something, but yes he is a bit podgy I guess.
Old 28-10-2009, 05:51 PM
dojj

TBH, its pretty fucking boring, I prefer it when I have lots of work to do, but Im not about to leave a fairly well paid job just cause its quiet at a time like the moment, as Id struggle to find another one on the same money I reckon, so, im happy enough to just kill time on forums etc till the work picks up, thankfully I get paid the same anyway till it does

Think he's cypriot or something, but yes he is a bit podgy I guess.

steve nephifiphapolpus or soemthing i think he's called originally, his names in the back of the mag tha ti can't find at the moment
Old 28-10-2009, 05:56 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This is the thing, it's not as if you're sat at home with nothing better to do, it's a way of killing time at work.
Sounds like jealousy to me, but I couldn't possibly comment, as unlike some, I don't know strangers better than they know themselves.
Old 28-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by orionmojo
Dojj i tracked down his twin brother for you.

but he didn't know much of his whereabouts though
Badass
Old 28-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by C4llyT
This is the thing, it's not as if you're sat at home with nothing better to do, it's a way of killing time at work.
Sounds like jealousy to me, but I couldn't possibly comment, as unlike some, I don't know strangers better than they know themselves.
I hardly ever use the internet unless im working TBH as I spend so much time online with my job the last thing I want to see in my own time is a fucking computer, and even then I still end up stuck with a laptop on my lap mapping someones car a lot of the time
Old 28-10-2009, 06:09 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Chip, you smile and laugh a lot in person - maybe people don't get that through your posts, and think you are being serious or genuinely mean!
Old 28-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

Chappy, you have got to remember i only see how you come across on here, a complete twat, and said if you were the same outside you'd have no fingers inwhich to type your epic replies. I or anyone else that doesnt know you personally can't see that your smiling behind the keyboard, you may even have your cock out whilst typing, i dont know. Do you get that? I dont know you, but i have a right to judge you on your posting style because you seem to come across twatish. I hope you can learn from me, i am on no bandwagon, just try to think before you type that most folk dont know who the hell you are. If i ever met you i'd no doubt get who you are and come back on here and instantly know all replies are in jest.

PS your point 2 sounds very keyboard warriorish maybe edit that mate.

Last edited by Turner RS; 28-10-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 28-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Chip

Turner you are STILL missing the point.

Its not what I write that if offending you, its how YOU choose to read it that is offending you.

Hence why I only wind a small percentage of people up, only a small percentage of people default to reading posts on the internet that can be taken one of multiple ways in the bad way.

Personally I tend to do the opposite, I always give people the benefit of the doubt and assume if something can be taken in a good or bad light that they mean it in the good light, so I probably view some people on here as alright when they are in fact actually cunts, but thats just a sign of my "glass half full" personality, where as you on the other hand appear to do the opposite and view people who are alright as cunts instead if you can take something two ways.

Im not going to let either bother me, its the very core of human nature that it wont be the case that everyone always gets on and adding ambiguity to the communications between two or more people by making it written word just exagerates that.

I dont actually care though, thats the point you are missing, im not going to lose sleep at night cause some bloke who misreads things by me on the internet thinks he might not like me if he met me, so it amazes me that numptys like yourself spend so much time talking to me about it as if I do care

I fail to see how my point 2 sounds keyboard warriorish, you clearly havent read it the same way that I am reading it when I scroll back up to check what you are on about.

You still havent given me an exmaple that I asked for of where you think I am different on here to in real life, surely if its something that you feel I do so often you needed to comment about it then it cant be so hard to find an example of what you mean?
Old 28-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by JxBabe
Chip, you smile and laugh a lot in person - maybe people don't get that through your posts, and think you are being serious or genuinely mean!
Definately, a lot harder to take something said in jest the wrong way when you have someones facial expression, tone of voice, body language etc as well.

Nearly all my mates call each other cunts or rip the piss out of each other all the time etc, but its very obvious in real life its said in jest, but less obvious on the internet.
Old 28-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

I can't beleive that for someone not worried about others opinion on you can continue to do lengthy replies forcefully defending oneself.

You are one of lifes strange people who actually should have the hands cut off for their own sake.

Enough from me i have wasted enough of my life on you LOL. I will let you have the last reply, you normally do!
Old 28-10-2009, 08:01 PM
godrikki
PassionFord Regular

ive been on here for some time now and just dont get why everytime chip replies (who i dont know and have never met before ) gets stick and it ends up ruining other peoples threads if you dont like the guy fuck off and post elswhere why bother spending about half an hour arguing over nothing and ruining someone elses thread.i just dont get it
Old 28-10-2009, 08:04 PM
lozi
My Cossie Ate My Money

Has this turned into a "do you like chip" thread now?

He has been pretty sound in any replies he has put to things i have writen so im going to join the official PF yes i do like chip he is ok side
Old 28-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by godrikki
ive been on here for some time now and just dont get why everytime chip replies (who i dont know and have never met before ) gets stick and it ends up ruining other peoples threads if you dont like the guy fuck off and post elswhere why bother spending about half an hour arguing over nothing and ruining someone elses thread.i just dont get it
Well said and i feel ashamed with myself expressing my feelings on the chap but in life some folk irritate you when they act internet hard (explained that its all in jest so i now know he is just looking for replies). It would be best if the chap had a wank instead of typing though, it would relieve a lot of that tension you can clearly see in his replies sometimes. LOL. Still now i know the truth i won't have to comment to him anymore
Old 28-10-2009, 08:10 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Same shit, different day.

Chip is the new Ginge!
Old 28-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

wheres ginge gone btw?

not seen pon on here for ages either!

i got on well with stav when i worked at ff, but havnt heard a great deal from him since. imo he is funny as fuck, always made me laugh anyway!

Quick Reply: where is stavros?