General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Warranty claims, whats a reasonable time period?

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2009, 09:01 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Warranty claims, whats a reasonable time period?

Ive had my Onkyo receiver fail on me the other month, developed a fault where it would output sound but image would sometimes briefly go black then back on again. Sent it back on the 7th of September after speaking to the company that looks after their warranty issues over here. They reckoned on 1 or 2 weeks turn around depending on problem. Its coming up to 7 weeks now and I spoke to them yesterday with the girl saying that they are still waiting on a PCB arriving from japan or wherever. Theyve got two already but waiting on this 3rd one. They dont know when its due or likely to be due The receiver is now obsolete having been replaced by a newer model, I asked if they could rob the parts out of one of theirs to get mine working then fix theirs when the parts finally come in but not possible. Question is, is there any kind of time limit on these things as its a major arse ache having to listen to the tv through its own speakers and not been able to switch sources?