General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Royal Mail

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Mail

Please will somebody enlighten me as to why the overpaid monkeys are striking this time?

I'm sick to the fucking teeth of them striking, it means I don't get my usual feed of paperwork etc! I'm fucked if I am paying special delivery prices or for a courier.

Fair enough if they got paid minimum wage but fuck me, my mate is a postie and he has more gold than Mr fucking T.

Tim
Old 21-10-2009, 10:48 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Please will somebody enlighten me as to why the overpaid monkeys are striking this time?

my mate is a postie and he has more gold than Mr fucking T.

Tim
maybe he is nicking the gold out of them special envelopes stuffed full of robbed old biddys tom foolery
Old 22-10-2009, 05:14 AM
tommytxr
why o why do i do it!!!!!

im in the fucking shit now, i got 2 things in the post needed them 2day cos get them on a car to get it to the test centre for its retest, looks like i will hav to pay for a full re test now thanks alot royal mail. At least we know why its called snail mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22-10-2009, 05:30 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

Your not a postal worker theN??-DIDNT THINK SO-Do your homework before you comment, people in everyday life get shit on by companies making millions and renaging on agreements,
one of the reasons this country is fucked(ONE OF MANY) is because we get walked on, seen your bills recently?? Who gave all the cash to bail the banks out last christmas??-and what did they do??honour there commitments to pay for bonuses and f-g christmas parties,
we accept so much shit day after day,you old enough to remember the 3 day week??? No didnt think so--you consider how did you arrive at your rate of pay your on now??? Who fought for a minimum wage????
Just think before putting your mouth in gear.

Last edited by rubinsbin; 22-10-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 22-10-2009, 05:31 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imho sack the fucking lot, work shy cunts. millions of genuine hard workers out there with fuck all and would kill for that job!
Old 22-10-2009, 05:32 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
Your not a postal worker theN??-DIDNT THINK SO-Do your homework before you comment, people in everyday life get shit on by companies making millions and renaging on agreements,
one of the reasons this country is fucked(ONE OF MANY) is because we get walked on, seen your bills recently?? Who gave all the cash to bail the banks out last christmas??-and what did they do??honour there commitments to pay for bonuses and f-g christmas parties,
we accept so much shit day after day,you old enough to remember the 3 day week??? No didnt think so--you consider how did you arrive at your rate of pay your on now??? Who fought for a minimum wage????
I take it your a work shy cunt aswell then

Trending Topics

Old 22-10-2009, 06:14 AM
stephenbatey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
imho sack the fucking lot, work shy cunts. millions of genuine hard workers out there with fuck all and would kill for that job!
+1
Old 22-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

They all deserve to lose their jobs, stupid, lazy, moaning, fucks-it-up-for-the-rest-of-us motherfuckers!

The postman here is now getting more abuse than the traffic warden. Shame.
Old 22-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

agreed there are plenty of people out there who would take the job
Old 22-10-2009, 07:04 AM
carfixz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

they forget that people working in the private sector dont get annual pay rises every year, 17k for walking round streets putting letters through doors, hardly rocket science is it, paid more than nurses FFS
Old 22-10-2009, 07:13 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosie
agreed there are plenty of people out there who would take the job
Agreed. As soon as they win their battle (like national rail did) all of the unions will jump on the band wagon. Let em strike, sack em and give the jobs to the unemployed who have tried hard to get jobs and would appreciate it.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:14 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rubinsbin

Your not a Bank worker then? Didnt think so........ Do your homework before commenting....
Old 22-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Always the same with Unionised industries.

Sack them all and let me have a job.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:23 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

No sympathy TBH, I don't think postal workers are hard doneby compared to other chosen professions. My general viewpoint, all be it maybe not shared by others, is if you don't get paid what you want out of a job, find a better one.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Madbradz

My Forza Better arrive today! Or I'm Hunting for Mr Postman!

Last edited by Madbradz; 22-10-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cfoster
Your not a Bank worker then? Didnt think so........ Do your homework before commenting....

indeed.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:41 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

about 4 doors down from me a lives a postman, he actually delivers to my parents house so I know him quite well, a few weeks ago he took delivery of a 59 plate honda S 2000 in white, I hope there not pleading poverty!!

steve
Old 22-10-2009, 07:44 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

suprised mal isn't on here today he is a postie and has got a couple of days off!!

steve
Old 22-10-2009, 07:47 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

I think the postal workers are a pain in the fooking arse full stop, 5-6 years ago post would arrive early in the morning but now im lucky to get it before 1 in the afternoon, they constantly lie when you have parcels, stick a card throught he dooe saying "you were out when we called" bullshite they cant be fucked to carry the parcels thats all i have seen them do this a few times now. Ł17000 pa is ok for what they do, its hardish work but what do they expect for a completly unskilled end of the line job, my attitude is you start a job and accept the pay so why moan 6 months later.
Old 22-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Madbradz

I Got Forza He arrived! Whooooooooooooo
Old 22-10-2009, 08:43 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

we still don't know why they r on strike
Old 22-10-2009, 08:43 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

posties dont get paid loads - i know my dad is one.

Get your facts straight Rick - just becuase your friend wears 9 carrot gold Queen Elizabeth argos specials does not mean he is loaded.
Old 22-10-2009, 08:46 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
we still don't know why they r on strike
In a nutshell from what i can gather they dont like change/doing a bit more graft cos there company is losing money, go figure!
Old 22-10-2009, 08:46 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by R4N S S
just becuase your friend wears 9 carrot gold Queen Elizabeth argos specials does not mean he is loaded.
Could be Elizabeth Duke summer special jewellery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22-10-2009, 08:48 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

pmsl at all the people saying sack the posties and give the job to the people that want them - eerrr Helloo - most of these people are on the fucking dole and prefer to have the easy life or the other main excuse is they are better than that hob
Old 22-10-2009, 08:56 AM
PF Ben

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately can't sack them, can't even find replacements for them whilst they strike it's illegal.

Ben
Old 22-10-2009, 08:59 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Look on the bright side, the firemen round here have gone on strike... AGAIN!!

Now that is a joke.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:16 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

pmsl at all the people saying sack the posties and give the job to the people that want them - eerrr Helloo - most of these people are on the fucking dole and prefer to have the easy life or the other main excuse is they are better than that hob
Hardly, that is the most ignorant comment yet.
There have been 10's of thousand's of hard working people lost everything, car home the works.
Do you seriously believe they dont want to work? Lol
Old 22-10-2009, 09:25 AM
mcst

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In a nutshell they have been milking the system for too long. They bust there ass and get their rounds/jobs done early and then pick up overtime for other jobs WITHIN their normal contracted hours or going home!
The managements idea of modernisation is that if they can do the work in the time then thats how it will be, no overtime. They've identified that it can be done so are enforcing it. People are losing jobs as a result because the work can be picked up by others at a saving to the company.

The unions are encouraging them to strike without pay! Thats how fucking stupid it is! All these people supporting the union need to look at themselves good and hard. I for one wouldn't lose pay to strike. Earning a wage for my household and staying in a job is far more important. The countries in the shit if we roll over and give in to the unions entirely. They have a place as a voice for the workers but surely anyone with sense can see that they are doing no good in this case. Who is it helping?????

Another case of the country being held to ransom. Plenty of companies all over the country are making their staff work harder, if staff leave or are made redundant to save some money the staff that are left have to pick up the work thats left.

It is a business after all not a fucking charity. There are companies waiting to pick up the pieces. By striking they will play into their hands.

People do want the jobs too, look at the response for the temp staff to clear the backlog.

Like many people me and the mrs are in the private sector, we've not had an annual payrise for over 18months. My trade is slack some days and at the minute i lose about Ł120 a month because i'm not getting the hours i used to and my mrs is under threat of reduncancy. Some days are properly fucking hard but i'm grateful to be earning still i don't go whinging to my boss, its his business and at 61 he's doing about 70-80 hours a week so we can run at the bare minimum staff he's already aware of the problems we have. I get shit from him regularly just like my staff get it from me. Its how the heirachy works.

Makes me sick when these fuckers lay it on thick about being hard done by, suck it up and be grateful your earning a wage still.I don't care if people agree here or not these are my views on it and i stand by them.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:25 AM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

From what i understand they are striking because they used to get paid for 8 hours yet if they finished earlier they would still get eight hours, but now they have to work the full 8 hours.. well tough shit is what i say, all they are doing by striking is losing royal mail business, and it won't be long before royal mail doesn't exist at this rate, its all fine for these people to do this, but when they have to go for a job with another company that eventually takes over royal mail they will probably not get a job because they will all be seen as trouble causers. there just a bunch of fuckin moaners if you ask me, it gets me that there is so many people with mortgages out there that can't get work at the minute an there puttin there jobs at risk, fuckin get back to work an stop holding the public to ransom. why do we have to suffer for there problems, it ain't right, sack the lot of em
Old 22-10-2009, 09:36 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

did anyone watch the press conference last night on the news by the royal mail union reps?

they were stating the md of royal mail hasnt even been involved in any of these meetings pmsl couple of other directors are sticking their oar in and they have not been to any meetings either - its a big joke.
Old 22-10-2009, 09:42 AM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

did anyone watch the press conference last night on the news by the royal mail union reps?

they were stating the md of royal mail hasnt even been involved in any of these meetings pmsl couple of other directors are sticking their oar in and they have not been to any meetings either - its a big joke.
because the bosses want to run royal mail into the ground so it gets privatised an sell off parts of it.. they ain't bothered that there striking. there stting there thinkin of the cash mate
Old 22-10-2009, 09:45 AM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

what gets me is our government has no backbone, many years ago the president of the usa famously sacked somethin like 11,000 air traiffic controllers because they refused to go back to work, thats backbone for ya, i don't see gordon brown doing that, i think there's a lot of golden handshakes going on at royal mail at the minute.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:06 AM
pitcha44
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by mozzy
I think the postal workers are a pain in the fooking arse full stop, 5-6 years ago post would arrive early in the morning but now im lucky to get it before 1 in the afternoon, they constantly lie when you have parcels, stick a card throught he dooe saying "you were out when we called" bullshite they cant be fucked to carry the parcels thats all i have seen them do this a few times now. Ł17000 pa is ok for what they do, its hardish work but what do they expect for a completly unskilled end of the line job, my attitude is you start a job and accept the pay so why moan 6 months later.
its not the postmans fault you get your mail later its the managers who run royal mail. yes years ago posties were out at 6am in the morning but now there not aloud to leave the sorting office till after 9am its all to do with THE WAY FORWARD. Evey 1 says sack them theres plenty of unemplyed willing to do the jo. is there? walking around in all weathers with a big 20kg bag on your shoulder. its all down to Allan Leighton who wants to sell it off just like he did with asda made make himself around Ł20 million for doin sweet fa.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:12 AM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

At the end of the day this stike is damaging Royal Mails position even more as there is zero sympathy with it and people are going elsewhere. You would think the union was in on the demise lol.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:15 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by EIL132
At the end of the day this stike is damaging Royal Mails position even more as there is zero sympathy with it and people are going elsewhere. You would think the union was in on the demise lol.
Never a truer word spoken!
Old 22-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

posties dont get paid loads - i know my dad is one.

Get your facts straight Rick - just becuase your friend wears 9 carrot gold Queen Elizabeth argos specials does not mean he is loaded.
Of course they get paid loads in comparison to other jobs, my mum is a Nurse, she is a lifesaver and gets paid less. She is responsible for a good 100 people that walk through her door everyday and does not get paid anymore than Postman Pat. I thought life was relative... Fucking bullshit, as somebody has informed me above it's down to them milking the system. Looks to me like they got into a routine of milking the system and now they are fucking gutted that Royal Mail actually want them to work for their money.

Theres little reason for people to jump down my neck, I stated that I needed englightening so thankyou to those who did that and a swift go fuck yourself that cried their eyes out because I said something they didn't want to hear

I also don't need the shite about minimum wage as I am self employed. My job isn't as easy as to walk round shoving shite through letterboxes.

Tim
Old 22-10-2009, 11:12 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

I actually agree on nurses being paid more - they are heavily under paid for what they do

Quick Reply: Royal Mail