General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Problems with 2.0 zetec focus (52 plate) heavy white smoke on start up?

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2009, 08:35 AM
benpughfocus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with 2.0 zetec focus (52 plate) heavy white smoke on start up?

Hi everyone!I've recently purchased a 2.0 zetec that has just had a new engine put in.The car on start up absolutely engolfs me+the missus in smoke big time but once we've driven about half a mile it's fine for the rest of the day.The mechanic told us that because it's been standing for about 2 months that the exhaust will be full of nasties so it's just exspelling them.I was thinking more along the lines of dirty injectors/worn cat.It starts first time every time but the smoke is terrible+heavily smells of petrol until we get going properly i.e. over half a mile.Thank you for any help.Ben.p.s. forgot to mention it s petrol so obviously no turbo issues or the like.thanks.

Last edited by benpughfocus; 18-10-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 18-10-2009, 08:54 AM
utternutter
BANNED
BANNED

white smoke can be water steam headgasket, however if its fuely smelling and just not right id start with the engine temp sensor it tells the ecu what temp engine is so it adjusts accordingly for hot cold starts etc
Old 19-10-2009, 11:54 AM
benpughfocus
Virgin

Nice one,sounds like eng.temp sensor to me then.Thank you.