General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The battery drain SAGA continues

Search this Thread

Old 13-10-2009, 07:49 PM
392B.H.P.SAFF
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The battery drain SAGA continues

Ok so got home from work and after several posts on my previous post i located the tracker, found the battery and what a state, pulled of little black protector and found all corroded and broken wires also looks like it may have been shorting out on boot floor, removed and taped and made safe does anyone know if this would stop the battery drain???? have 3 other fuses in a line on a bracket and then there was a 30amp fuse do i need to pull any of these out????

Next question when the battery is put on charge after 15 with all wires and terminals connected something is seriously pulling juice from the battery it seems like something is trying to start/shut etc as it is intermittent and the indicator on the battery charger goes from empty to full then back up to empty??????

Am going to look at the fan switch and change as said in other post to, have removed battery which is less that 2 months old and is on charge.

Any body know a good auto electrician in the romford area who is reasonable????

Will keep you all updated
Old 13-10-2009, 08:00 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Have you done a simple drain test? Remove the positive terminal, place an ammeter between the terminal and the clamp, then pull each fuse in turn and see when the drain stops. That should pinpoint it!
Old 13-10-2009, 10:14 PM
392B.H.P.SAFF
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich 170

Think i may have spotted it, having had the battery on charge for a few hours ive noticed it is doing what it was doing on the car so think i may have a dodgy battery, Mrs is taking it back to the place we got it from in morning.

Once new battery is installed will do the ammeter test just to make sure all is ok.

Watch this space