General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PAKI. Is it offensive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

snooker is racist
Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do find it funny when people say that the word 'paki' is offensive because its used in a derogatory way, surely the person using it in that way is being offensive not the word!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by panelbeater
i do find it funny when people say that the word 'paki' is offensive because its used in a derogatory way, surely the person using it in that way is being offensive not the word!
There is no need to go up to a random "paki" and say to them in a friendly manor "hello my paki friend" is there? i cannot think of any instence where the word paki has ever been used other than to cause offense which is unfortunate as like people are saying it should be seen as a short term for pakistani
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by panelbeater
in the same way a hamer is not offensive

unless the wielder means to smash someones face in?

same with shotguns and swords and shit yes?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:08 PM
tiny2white
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
I have one golden rule in life, I treat others how I wanted to be treated, which means that I treat them as an individual as that is how I want to be treated myself.
I treat others how they treat me and it seems to me that pakistani people group there selfs in the same area segragate them selfs from the rest of the community and make it clear that no one else is welcome i've been on the recieving end of this type of welcome, i have alot of PAKI friends and thats what i call them to there faces and there response to that is to call me FOREIGNER (i'm English)

They are of an older generation and dont see people by the colour of their skin neither do I!

at the end of the day it is how it is said and what context it is used but i would love to see someone build a Christian church in every state in pakistan or even set up 'The White Youth Project' here!!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:13 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by dojj
in the same way a hamer is not offensive

unless the wielder means to smash someones face in?

same with shotguns and swords and shit yes?
yes actually! i'm a panel beater i have more hammers than you can think of! and most of them deadly but they are not affensive! if they were being used in an offensive way it would be the person using it that was offensive!!!

shotguns! they don't kill people, the person holding the fucking thing does
Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
There is no need to go up to a random "paki" and say to them in a friendly manor "hello my paki friend" is there? i cannot think of any instence where the word paki has ever been used other than to cause offense which is unfortunate as like people are saying it should be seen as a short term for pakistani
but in the real world who would say that? but if you were just generally discribing someone then yeah i would say that! as in ' oh yeah i had a right laugh last night in the pub with this paki guy i met' how can you say that is offensive?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 PM
tiny2white

Every country you go to has exactly the same problem its not just a british problem its a world wide problem. The australians winge about exactly the same things we winge about for example and once you work with them and see how much they get taxed it makes you realise we dont actually get taxed that much.

My job takes me all over the world and 1 thing i have realised is how britain really isnt that bad, its the old saying the grass is always greener. Everyone in every country thinks other countrys are better hench why there are an influx of immigrants into most western countrys
so why do so many foreigners cross 2 some times 3 countries to get to england? whats wrong with starting a new life in those countries?
and why do for example the french allow them to set up camp waiting for any chance they can get to climb up an exhaust pipe to get here

because we are a soft touch!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
tiny2white

Originally Posted by AndyRsVan
CHIP you really are a looser & you need to get out in the real world , Ive never heard so much bollox come from 1 man before in my life heres a few answers for ya
1, Its fucking bad manors to talk in a different language when they are english ppl there present ie in shops etc ,
2, If youre selling anything and a pakistani/asain etc rings or comes to look at it they are 99% of the time going to insult you with stupid offers ( offencive )
3, they come here then moan how they are tret and its all their own doin ( riots in bradford a few years proved this )
4, Its a well known fact that more pakistanis/asians etc use others id to claim for different things & use 1 insurance policy for 3 or 4 ppl ( also proven when 1 man was claiming for loads of benafits with id of his family that were still abroad ) started a massive investigation and found that 100's were doin it ( only 2 years ago )
5, They are good business yes because they get family members working for peanuts on the side
6, can we claim for phone cards or top up vouchers to contact our familys errrr NO
7, if a pakistani / asian called me a fucking brit id reply yes i am and fucking proud of it, if youre german and live in england then u should still be proud of where you came from. as for shutting my mouth you fuckin shut urs & why the fuck are you defending them when youre obviously not bothered that the country is on its arse because of the amount of foreign ppl taking up shit loads of jobs that we should be offering to our own before given ppl from other countrys jobs...
8, youre obviously fucking clueless about the flag situation so dont come out with "its shite when u know fuck all" id got 2 st george flags in my car and was pulled and told to remove them because it was offensive to other races, there was fucking hell on about it all over the country, police were making ppl take flags off their cars and out of house windows and was all over the news, so where you been fucking living in a tent on ya own for years ???

Youre a sad sad looser who thinks he knows it all but obviously youve not got a clue about whats really going on outside your door ( or tent )
Well Well said andy all through this thread hes been getting to me.

and if you want to call me narrow minded Chip go ahead all i got to say to you is
1 WORLD CUP AND 2 WORLD WARS!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tiny2white
so why do so many foreigners cross 2 some times 3 countries to get to england? whats wrong with starting a new life in those countries?
and why do for example the french allow them to set up camp waiting for any chance they can get to climb up an exhaust pipe to get here

because we are a soft touch!
I agree we are a soft touch and i say what you say all the time why is it that they cross different countrys to get here, and your right it is because the uk is a oft touch but does that make it a bad place? All i simply said was that when you work all over the world it made me realise that the uk isnt really that bad.

On a more funny note seen what was on ausie tv this week, i know it looks 20 years old but it was this week honnest lol

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2009/1...ive-tribute%2F
Old 09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

I agree we are a soft touch and i say what you say all the time why is it that they cross different countrys to get here, and your right it is because the uk is a oft touch but does that make it a bad place? All i simply said was that when you work all over the world it made me realise that the uk isnt really that bad.

On a more funny note seen what was on ausie tv this week, i know it looks 20 years old but it was this week honnest lol

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2009/1...ive-tribute%2F
its all people have been talking about here, i'm sick of hearing about it. racist? no i don't think so, bad taste? yeah i'd say so, the blokes only just died
Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tiny2white
Well Well said andy all through this thread hes been getting to me.

and if you want to call me narrow minded Chip go ahead all i got to say to you is
1 WORLD CUP AND 2 WORLD WARS!!!

Pair of muppets.

Last edited by Nick.; 09-10-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cannot think of any instence where the word paki has ever been used other than to cause offense which is unfortunate
The Paki shop isn't offensive, surely?

Benni.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
The Paki shop isn't offensive, surely?

Benni.
It is if the bloke who owns it is indian or white lol

Plus whats wrong with newsagents, or corner shop?

I havet really had to use the term paki shop as we dont have 1 at our local shops

Last edited by Alps Pacino; 09-10-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 PM
stuart1
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

to be truthfull i hate the fuckers only because thats the way they treat us round here,they walk around thinking there gangsters when all they are are stinking curry munchers,fuck it i know ill get some shit over this but i bet alot of brits will agree with me on the sly,why are these fuckers living off my taxes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 PM
FIESTAHH

The term PAKI should be offence, but people use it to cause offence. That is the only reason why it is taken offensively. Like "nigger" it is thrown around between the actual race it applies to.

If PAKI was suddenly uncategorised as racist, people of every race would through it around to cause offensive and say they dont mean to cause offence.

Its like the middle finger or 2 fingers, why they are used to inflict disrespect or offensive is a mystery to me. Its a mere hand gesture, but as they are used to show disrespect or offensive then they are took that way.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stuart1
to be truthfull i hate the fuckers only because thats the way they treat us round here,they walk around thinking there gangsters when all they are are stinking curry munchers,fuck it i know ill get some shit over this but i bet alot of brits will agree with me on the sly,why are these fuckers living off my taxes
Surely you could put your argument over a little better and people might not think your a tit. I can see what your tying to say but your putting it over VERY badly
Old 09-10-2009, 11:24 PM
stuart1

Surely you could put your argument over a little better and people might not think your a tit. I can see what your tying to say but your putting it over VERY badly
sorry thats how i feel,they treat us with little respect so fuck em

Last edited by stuart1; 09-10-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1098
Its like the middle finger or 2 fingers, why they are used to inflict disrespect or offensive is a mystery to me. Its a mere hand gesture, but as they are used to show disrespect or offensive then they are took that way.
The 'up yours' 2 fingered gesture goes back to an old battle between england and france i believe, the english archers used to taunt the french with the 2 fingered gesture to show they still had their fingers and were still able to use their bows to fire arrows at them. When the french captured the english archers they cut off fingers. Not sure how much truth is in it but thats the story i've heard numerous times.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry thats how i feel,they treat us with little respect so fuck em,free country and all that
I know its how you feel but you could have ut it across a little better as to most on here you will probably come across as an uneducated bellend and your probably not
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
stuart1

I know its how you feel but you could have ut it across a little better as to most on here you will probably come across as an uneducated bellend and your probably not
true so i apologise if i seem a little blunt but they boil my piss how they moan about racism when they are the worst for it
Old 09-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was once shouted a old pakistani bloke to get of his drive he was shouting no white boys no white boys" at me. I was about 13 and had called for his daughter with 2 lasses i knew. So ye i sort of agree it works both ways, he probably wasnt being racist but it doesnt really make you want to mix when your treat like that at the age of 13
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 PM
stuart1

I was once shouted a old pakistani bloke to get of his drive he was shouting no white boys no white boys" at me. I was about 13 and had called for his daughter with 2 lasses i knew. So ye i sort of agree it works both ways, he probably wasnt being racist but it doesnt really make you want to mix when your treat like that at the age of 13
exactly!!!!this is a coming from a paki living in our home country,treat folk how you want to be treated i say
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

exactly!!!!this is a coming from a paki living in our home country,treat folk how you want to be treated i say
Agreed thats why i take everyone as an individual and not as a paki or a nigger or a honky or a chav etc. I generally dont like the scots and southerners after working with a lot of them BUT there are a lot of good ones out there so i would start saying i dnt like those porridge wog sweaty socks from up north as i'm only met a handfull and the vast majority will be absolutly spot on, same goes for "pakis" imo
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
stuart1

fair doos i take your point
Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Its not the pakistanis that google is racist against:

Old 10-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i cannot think of any instence where the word paki has ever been used other than to cause offense which is unfortunate as like people are saying it should be seen as a short term for pakistani

I thought Anton dubec said that girl looked like a paki because she had a spray tan and so had the same skin colour. How is that meant to be racist or offensive? He was purley stating a fact.

When I was a kid we had a half cast friend who's knickname was paki. It wasn't meant in an offensive or racist way either. Just friendly banter.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fast Guy
I thought Anton dubec said that girl looked like a paki because she had a spray tan and so had the same skin colour. How is that meant to be racist or offensive? He was purley stating a fact.

When I was a kid we had a half cast friend who's knickname was paki. It wasn't meant in an offensive or racist way either. Just friendly banter.
I agree with you, would it still have been deemed as racist if he had use the word pakistani or asian ? Like i said before people are scared to say anything these days as it can so easily be twisted or seen as racist etc. Sad really but thats the way its got the whole world over
Old 10-10-2009, 01:41 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

You do realise that when an aussie calls you a pomme it is meant as a piss take and normally has the word winging infront of it?

Sure but that's the point, it might be a joke originally but it can evolve to a mainly offensive term or SOME might use it in a malicious way. I've had all of Yanks, Aussies, Blacks, Asians call me the familiars in an offensive way but at the same time it can be used as a joke, as you say.

Paki these days is an offensive term and I don't think it would hurt us English/British to not use it.

Last edited by skeg; 10-10-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

when i meant they say it as a pis take i meant as a dig and to get your back up, the amount of times i heard "ahhhhh your a pomme" followed by a proper cheesy grin was unreal, i just scowered back and said with a bit of attitude "no i'm fucking english"
Old 10-10-2009, 01:52 AM
patton16i
Back in business

At the end of the day its only offensive if your brought up with beliefs the being called a PAKI is racist iv got a Paki friend on he dosnt have a problem with it and why the FŁ$K should he thats wot he is as i am i brit its jus a spoken abrieveation.....people need to stop with the racism shit an jus live life to the full
Old 10-10-2009, 03:26 AM
B16ROB

Originally Posted by Chip
SO much of what right wing politics stands for is correct IMHO, so its a shame it tends to end up hand in hand with racism and other crap which then devalues it.
i read through most of this thread and got to chips quote above and thought i'd like to add a little to it.
its strange how you pointed out the how right wing politics is deemed as racist in this country which i agree with you and personally also think it should not be.
look at australia they are ran by a right wing government and have very strict immigration laws etc so why are they not broadcsted as being racist and yet everyone loves the ausies and there country, also the same with the scots as they a ran by the scottish nationalist party now i believe.
i think england as a whole opened up a big can of worms for it own people when it decided to join in the european union and also goto war with the yanks in the muslim states.

is it too late for us to have a right wing political party in power as we as a country have such a diverse collective of different races and nationalities here?

i live in north london where it has rather large asian and affro caribbean communities aswell as a major influx of eastern europeans, the thing i get pissed off with is i cant get a council property because i work full time and my wage suggests i can rent privately.
now i cant do that as the cost of living is too great and if you have a little debt too you may aswell give up, so how comes its so easy for someone not born of this nation be prioritised over myself to get accomadation??????

im also a london bus driver working for arriva where the majority of its workers are actually polish, the reason being is arriva advertise in poland for the jobs which again i think its a damn disgrace.
when im in a travel vehicle going to our post for the day 9 times out of 10 were 4 up in a car now being the only englishman in the car is bad enough but when there are 3 other polish guys in the car that can speak english but choose not to you can only immagine how i feel.

so yes i see all parts of the arguements and i think really we have no one else to blame but our country men for letting this PC world into our society.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:39 AM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

when i meant they say it as a pis take i meant as a dig and to get your back up, the amount of times i heard "ahhhhh your a pomme" followed by a proper cheesy grin was unreal, i just scowered back and said with a bit of attitude "no i'm fucking english"
i get that all the time ''your a pome'' well no actually if i was a ''pome'' i'd still be in the uk as the anachronym implies! i'm just a guy just like you!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 AM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by B16ROB
i read through most of this thread and got to chips quote above and thought i'd like to add a little to it.
its strange how you pointed out the how right wing politics is deemed as racist in this country which i agree with you and personally also think it should not be.
look at australia they are ran by a right wing government and have very strict immigration laws etc so why are they not broadcsted as being racist and yet everyone loves the ausies and there country, also the same with the scots as they a ran by the scottish nationalist party now i believe.
i think england as a whole opened up a big can of worms for it own people when it decided to join in the european union and also goto war with the yanks in the muslim states.

is it too late for us to have a right wing political party in power as we as a country have such a diverse collective of different races and nationalities here?

i live in north london where it has rather large asian and affro caribbean communities aswell as a major influx of eastern europeans, the thing i get pissed off with is i cant get a council property because i work full time and my wage suggests i can rent privately.
now i cant do that as the cost of living is too great and if you have a little debt too you may aswell give up, so how comes its so easy for someone not born of this nation be prioritised over myself to get accomadation??????

im also a london bus driver working for arriva where the majority of its workers are actually polish, the reason being is arriva advertise in poland for the jobs which again i think its a damn disgrace.
when im in a travel vehicle going to our post for the day 9 times out of 10 were 4 up in a car now being the only englishman in the car is bad enough but when there are 3 other polish guys in the car that can speak english but choose not to you can only immagine how i feel.

so yes i see all parts of the arguements and i think really we have no one else to blame but our country men for letting this PC world into our society.
Very well written post, and yes i agree completely. if we turned round now and elected the bnp it would probably end in a war, if we had done it years ago, we would have been like australia.
as for arriva , now that does boil my piss, advertising in poland
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Have any of you actually been to australia? APARENTLY and tbh i havent witnessed it myself but all the aussie lads complain about a wave of somalians that have got in to the country and are causing havoc around the perth area. They also complain that the immigration laws have been relaxed that much due to a lack of people there (25 million on that land mass) that there letting a lot of people in now where as years ago they were very strick on who they let in. They also have a massive problem with people sailing across in big boats and running them aground from south east asia.

That is coming from the mouths of aussies not me and tbh getting a working visa wasnt exactly straight forward.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by matts1
I HATE PC madness, but IMO Paki is an offensive term, purely for the fact that it has become a word used in a derogative term and associated with agression and hatred 'You Paki'.

Nigger, wog, paki, spastic, all word that at one time would have been common place but over time their meaning changes and the become stigmatised and so less acceptable.

What gets me is the 'outrage' that is drummed up by white pc dogooders and those that are all to ready to become offended by it.

Grow up, accept an oppology and move on.
Thats pretty nuch nail on the head for me

all this backlash over calling some one a paki is half the problem rather than the word it self
Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Threads still going on and one.... it's always going to be the same some agree some don't but your always going to get differences between groups in this country and around the world.
I for one know that asian's despise blacks so how the hell can they claim the race card in one hand and deal it out to another group with the other.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
sambo170588
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

australian=ozzy american=yank brits=tommys pakistanis=pakis
Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What's going on with the tags??

Old 10-10-2009, 11:07 AM
dojj

i thought they'd cleaned up the tags in this thread?

the "white" peope in this country by far outnumber the rest of the ethnic population so for that reason the majority of you think it's ok to call peole those terms

but watch you lot complain when you go to another contry and get slagged off, you'd be right back on the phone to watchdog to complain about getting compo for having your holiday ruined

and there is a whole WORLD of difference ebtween indians and pakistanis and until you know about that you simply cannot comprehend the differences

it reminds me of that bloke who was on newsnight telling everyone how he'd spent the past few years reading and finding out about what the koran taught and giving it the big "i am", but oppositte him was a 60 year old muslim preist who knew everything there is to know, but the white techer was still trying to tell him that he knew more about his religoen and what went on than the preist did, the same preist who would have lived his whole life doing what he was doing

and that sounds like a lot of people who's posted on this thread, you think that peole want to come here to better themselves and have abuse hurled at them for working jobs that you won't do? cleaning toilets might not sound glamrous, but a job means income so no job no income, not no job get a house and telly from the council and sit int eh pub all day pissing your giro up the wall

even though i don't agree with eveything chip posts, in this respect, he's got the right idea on what goes on, and osme of the posts on here really are from peole who just don't have a fucking clue

i haven't posted this to upset people, it's just that soemtimes you need to be told in the most direct way rather than trying to jump through hoops and not hurting others feelings

Quick Reply: PAKI. Is it offensive?