General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What is your ONE biggest achievement?!

Search this Thread

Old 21-09-2009, 08:34 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pardeep
You Twat lol

Get back on the Bike. No woman is worth giving up your love or passion for something that makes you happy. If i got my break as a well known session guitarist, i'm not giving it up for anyone. Even if she was the love of my life. Women come and go!!!
i still ride it mate but this was late eighties early nineties its progressed a bit now and im whats known as old skool, worst thing is the bitch tried to add me as a friend on facebook, fucking nerve after wrexking my career
Old 21-09-2009, 08:59 PM
GavStyli
Kasapis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

becoming my own boss what made it extra special was the fact my parents didnt agree with my decision and i went on to owning my own barber shop with in 15 months of finishing my course
Old 21-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

loosing 44kgs I think.
Old 21-09-2009, 09:12 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gaz s1
Supreme bmx flatland world champion, basically all the world champions went against each other and i won that as well, went pro after that and toured the states, happy days, then a few years later i met a women and gave it all up, needless to say i aint with her any more so that was a good decision

you might just of been on bmx beat then, i'm a 80's bmx'er meself and have a room full of freestylers
Old 21-09-2009, 09:28 PM
mk3stevie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

well done to all these people who have some amazing achievements. Personally I dont feel I have any yet and life is sliding by far too fast!
Old 21-09-2009, 09:28 PM
gaz s1

Originally Posted by cozzfather
you might just of been on bmx beat then, i'm a 80's bmx'er meself and have a room full of freestylers
i was mate but they never put my run on tv, gary neale mate you must remember me then

found this on you tube from 87 before the worlds with pepi winder RIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xUSEXnzGM

ignore the fucking hair

Last edited by gaz s1; 21-09-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 21-09-2009, 09:38 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mk3stevie
well done to all these people who have some amazing achievements. Personally I dont feel I have any yet and life is sliding by far too fast!
Think that sums me up too.
Old 21-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Old 21-09-2009, 09:45 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I left school really early. But I turned things around. And only last week i completed my NVQ3 Advanced apprenticship for mechanics. Which im over the moon about! Still have bigger and better plans yet
Old 21-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Graceland
Landing the job I always wanted to do since I was a kid

Same here, But I've done 2 out of the 3 I wanted. The 3rd job I wont ever get to do as it was being a sniper and I haven't got the bollocks!

I joined the RAF as I always wanted to, and now I work in the film industry, which was my main achievement! Its starting off slow, But I'll be where I want to very soon.
Old 21-09-2009, 09:55 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some pretty good ones and interesting ones,

I did not do to well at school easily distracted etc would love to do a degree at some stage just to reach the academic level required,

However getting my Master 3000gt at 26/27 was very nice, l am very young to have it, getting myself out of a fincial hole with the help of my wife to now moving into our new home on Friday, buying my cars all rank up there, many different things are landmarks and stakes in the ground in my life, for somebody that was not expected to achive much l have always set myself goals and achived them,

Best of luck to those on the journey,

Mike
Old 21-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Altratz
PassionFord Regular

Getting into the fire service then being diagnosed type 1 diabetic and finally returning to operational duty 3 months later. Makes me one of very few type 1 diabetics in the service!!!!!.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:06 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

i was mate but they never put my run on tv, gary neale mate you must remember me then

found this on you tube from 87 before the worlds with pepi winder RIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xUSEXnzGM

ignore the fucking hair
Yo bruv !! you had to be good to get on the telly back then.

i watched bmx beat and the other stuff.i loved gaz top and ruff.

denny d does all the good vids on Rad, i take it your on Rad eh??

i noticed Stuart Pepi was on a vincent

i'm a dp firebird man myself,always was and always will

oh and regards the barnet,i have had a skin head for the last near 10 years but i have let it grow like i had it in the 80's which kinda looks like yours then,its the don johnson look circa 1987 lol

Last edited by cozzfather; 21-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:17 PM
gaz s1

Yo bruv !! you had to be good to get on the telly back then.

i watched bmx beat and the other stuff.i loved gaz top and ruff.

denny d does all the good vids on Rad, i take it your on Rad eh??

i noticed Stuart Pepi was on a vincent

i'm a dp firebird man myself,always was and always will

oh and regards the barnet,i have had a skin head for the last near 10 years but i have let it grow like i had it in the 80's which kinda looks like yours then,its the don johnson look circa 1987 lol
i aint looked on rad ill have a look

i used to have a dp firebird, wicked bike

all us old skoolers are still riding and keep in touch through facebook, i was chatting to eddie fiola the other day, remember him the flying banana, ive had a skinhead for ages now as well, my excuse back then was i was growing it as i had dreadlocks after

pepi was on a skyway mate such a sad story his is RIP, there is quite a few old skool freestylers who have topped themselves, a few were good friends back in the day very sad

Last edited by gaz s1; 21-09-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:29 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

mate i can't believe you have never been on RAD BMX ???

they are gonna love you on there,make sure you say cozzfather sent you,all the big names go on there inc fiola, carlo griggs,andy irwin etc etc.
my first post on rad was about dp firebird freestylers and trevor cowell the dp factory rider posts his first post on mine. fookin mint.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=3.0

oh and heres a site you should see

http://www.dpfirebird.co.uk/
Old 21-09-2009, 10:33 PM
gaz s1

mate i can't believe you have never been on RAD BMX ???

they are gonna love you on there,make sure you say cozzfather sent you,all the big names go on there inc fiola, carlo griggs,andy irwin etc etc.
my first post on rad was about dp firebird freestylers and trevor cowell the dp factory rider posts his first post on mine. fookin mint.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=3.0

oh and heres a site you should see

http://www.dpfirebird.co.uk/
joining up now mate
Old 21-09-2009, 10:36 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supreme bmx flatland world champion, basically all the world champions went against each other and i won that as well, went pro after that and toured the states, happy days,

:resp ekt:

Fair play mate. the single most impressive thing ive read i reckon.

Spose mine was gettin featured in magazines and videos, bein sponsored
for racing downhill mountain bikes a few years back
was ok at it i spose. got placed 6th in a national 1 day event, even after a crash FFS LOL
spose it was quite cool for 5 mins being in videos and stuff. LOL
Old 21-09-2009, 10:52 PM
gaz s1

cozzyfather
just put up first post saying hello, gave you a mention, i was talking to carlo the other week, he had a lambo that needed a retrim

Last edited by gaz s1; 21-09-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 21-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Getting to train with the England coach and various other of England best coaches when I was having trials for the under 15's team

Had letters from teams over the country asking for me and my friends to go for trials

Loved every minute of it and I still love the game now even though I don't play as much.

Last edited by Nick.; 21-09-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 21-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Supreme bmx flatland world champion, basically all the world champions went against each other and i won that as well, went pro after that and toured the states, happy days
Very cool
Old 21-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Chip

Teaching an adult to read.

Changed their life massively.
Old 21-09-2009, 11:40 PM
gaz s1

Got to say my 2 kids is really my biggest achievement, any parent would think the same
Old 21-09-2009, 11:41 PM
gaz s1

Originally Posted by Chip
Teaching an adult to read.

Changed their life massively.
thats got to feel so good helping someone like that
Old 21-09-2009, 11:42 PM
ANDYRACER
The more turbos,more fun!

Suceeding in life this far considering i have 3 gcse's.
Decent job, my own place and 2 decent cars.
Old 21-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Chip

thats got to feel so good helping someone like that
Helping others is the thing that brings me the most pleasure in life I reckon, its even the main reason why I keep visiting this forum
Old 22-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Orion_Gav
Regular Contributor

Getting over my stammer which i had from the age of 13 to about 25(i'm nearly 27) and it fucked up school for me aswell as everything else after that..Plus getting over panic attacks and not giving a shite about the many keloid scars i have which i think is now over 25..
Old 22-09-2009, 12:13 AM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

I did motocross for a lot of years and back in 1998 i did the weston super mare beach race and i won the satday race i did 22 laps and the only uvre bike on the same lap as me was the second place lad in all there was 600 bikes in the race and its 3 awers long . and after all my hard work in winning it all i got from the ACU was Ł50 and a letter that said 1st 250cc bike over the line a bit of a piss take but still the hotel we were saying at put a party on and gave me bottle of shampane whish iv still got upstairs in my trothy cabonet
Old 22-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Similar to ellie, i dont like to give myself credit for things as i dont believe i deserve credit for anything as nothing will ever make up for the things im ashamed of in my life....

But thinking positively... after being totally gutted after getting some mid-level dealers banged up to find them easily replaced (rather niavely i thought it would slow them down!), I went on to protect a vulnerable friend who had got hooked on heroin partially due to social services incompetance (what idiot puts a drug addict accommodation next door to a vulnerable persons "supported" accomodation house and allows people from both houses to mingle???), and partially due to a junkie rapist who was forcing her to pay for her drugs with sex after forcing his way into her flat and raping her into submission. Firstly i got the 3 people dealing in the addicts house thrown out and arrested (no dealing or drugs are allowed in those houses), then got my friend away from her flat so she could find the strength to ask for help from social services and ask for "him" to be removed after making complaint to the police. (insanely despite this being supported mental health accommodation for vulnerable people and not being allowed to have partners on site, social services could do NOTHING to remove this man, despite it being pretty obvious what was going on with evidence of drug use and signs of physical abuse, until she asked them too! So much for looking out for vulnerable people when theres no extra safeguards compared to her living on her own! Isnt that the point of supported accommodation for vulnerable people??? Where was the extra Ł100 a week it cost her to live there going??? ).

Helped her get onto a methadone program and supported her into securing a place in a therapeutic community for the next 2 years or so to sort her life out finally!!!

Thats an acheivement for both me and her considering her life was down the pan and looking "fucked for life" at the age of 25 after multiple admissions on a section, multiple arrests, overdoses and heroin addiction! could have gone down such a worse slippery slope.

Sometimes you just have to step in and do something, even if its a lot of shit and risk to yourself, you know, you just have to act as no one else will???

Originally Posted by ** T **
mine was 11 april 2007 when i gave birth to my little lady after 10 years of trying and 2 goes of ivf
wow didnt think you were 31!!! thought you were in your early twenties from your old avatar pic.
Old 22-09-2009, 07:09 AM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

nothin as significant as some of these but representing the north west in clay pigeon shooting and coming 11th in the country was a good day
Old 22-09-2009, 07:40 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Becoming the British Vaulting Champion at Crystal Palace in 1998 ....
Old 22-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Female)
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

wow didnt think you were 31!!! thought you were in your early twenties from your old avatar pic.
Old 22-09-2009, 08:01 AM
CraigoScott
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

getting my Gold Duke of Edinburgh's award was a good day! the practice expedition in the lakes in january in a tent is still the hardest thing ive done to date!
Old 22-09-2009, 08:23 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

winning a blue peter badge in 1979 was a high point lol
but the birth of our son on december 20th 2000 was the highest of the highs, this came after we were told medically my wife couldn't have children, we were married on june 24th 2000 and nothing happened (if you know what I mean lol) till the 26th daniel was then born some 25 weeks later in december 20th weighing 2.0lbs he was given a 22% chance of survival and battled for life for 3 months till the end of march when we brought him home. Being told he may be blind and deaf was hard to take but thankfully he developed fully albeit slowly and now has perfect vision and hearing, he is still very small for his age but he will catch up as he gets older. he did so well that at the age of 6 he was discharged from hospital care (regular check ups etc)some 2 years earlier than expected.
Nearly 9 years later he is taking his first steps into motorsport in a comer cadet kart, great times..

steve
Old 22-09-2009, 08:36 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

15 years ago I saw the very first copy of Max Power on the shelves in WHSmiths and while I was reading it in the shop I promised myself that one day I'd work for a car magazine.

So it's been a long term goal that I've worked towards for a huge portion of my life. In the scheme of things it's largely insignificant, but getting 'my own' magazine to edit is probably my biggest achievement.
Old 22-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
15 years ago I saw the very first copy of Max Power on the shelves in WHSmiths and while I was reading it in the shop I promised myself that one day I'd work for a car magazine.

So it's been a long term goal that I've worked towards for a huge portion of my life. In the scheme of things it's largely insignificant, but getting 'my own' magazine to edit is probably my biggest achievement.
Given what a competitive industry it is to get into, I think you're underplaying that as an achievement, being editor of the biggest selling ford mag is pretty awesome I reckon.

One of my goals 15 years ago was to work for mini magazine, which changed slightly over time to wanting to write for Total Vauxhall as I got more into the vauxhall scene instead, but it was a great feeling the first time I saw my name next to an article.
Old 22-09-2009, 09:05 AM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Wow some really nice posts, nice one maria for starting it!.

Best achievment for me?.....this will seem small compared to say gaz's or chips. My greatest achievement happened this yesr

I finally finished my a/c and refrigeration nvq3 at college and passed, im now holding down a job i love and that i enjoy doing day in day out

I was like a lot of other people at my school at the time, didnt really know what to do when we left, didnt fancy university so just went out to work. I only got into this work through chance from my best mate 3 years ago and never looked back!.

Matt
Old 22-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Blue oval blood
Virgin

my best achievement was havin my kids
Old 22-09-2009, 03:00 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

As Many know, Ive been in the same Boat as Marri. Fighting for my life not once, but tiwce, and i know, in time to come ill be doing the same again.

But to Achieve what ive always wanted, which was to Become apart of the top 10 Desingers in the Uk. i think, its a very big Achievement. some may not agree, but ahh well. something i love and will always love.
Old 22-09-2009, 03:28 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

becoming a dad
Old 22-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Mine are being married to a beautifull wife having our own house in a job i love and having to cars 1 being the cossie which i have wanted for years.

The wife

The car

Last edited by Glenn_; 22-09-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: What is your ONE biggest achievement?!