General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

tyres

Search this Thread

Old 16-09-2009, 07:42 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tyres

i need to find some winter tyres for my saph the wheels are 205/50 r15 86v

and a cost of £30 to £40 per tyre anyone know wot to get cheers
Old 16-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Cheapest I found were:
NANKANG TYRES / CAR / NANKANG NS2 NANKANG NS 2 - 205/50R15 86V TL
Sameday Despatch (Mon-Fri) if ordered before 1:00pm - Stock permitting

OUR PRICE £31.70 inc.VAT

My choice taking into account your budget would be:

KUMHO TYRES / CAR / KUMHO KU31 ECSTA SPORT KUMHO KU 31 - 205/50R15 86V TL

OUR PRICE £42.30 inc.VAT

Toyo's can be had for around £47

TOYO TYRES / CAR / TOYO T1R PROXES TOYO T1 R - 205/50R15 89V XL TL
Sameday Dispatch (Mon-Fri) if ordered before 1:00pm - Stock permitting

OUR PRICE £47.20 inc.VAT

Last edited by Rick Astley; 16-09-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 16-09-2009, 07:50 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I take it you don't intend staying on the road then ?
tabetha
Old 16-09-2009, 07:57 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd try something like the Avon ZV-3. In 205-50R15 size, they are about £36 each for me the last time I got a set.

Reasonable asymmetric pattern and good roadholding in the wet for that they are.

Some people say they have problems with them, others don't, but they work fine on my 4be Saff.
Old 18-09-2009, 11:43 AM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by tabetha
I take it you don't intend staying on the road then ?
tabetha
well its not really wot tyres you get is how you drive and i dont really drive like a bellend chav and its all about if they have enough air in them anyway mate but iv had bugdet tyres and iv had eagle touring and personly i really dont see the difference but everyone has a appinuion even the expencieve tyres lose it i see a ford rs focus lose it the other day doing about 50-60mph coming off a roundabout up lakeside and he lost it and he had toyo r888s on so it would make you think really ill only do it at 45-50mph but not the piont just how you drive really cheers anyway
Old 18-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Winter=saffy?? WHAT lmao GARAGE mate

As for good grip tyre's cheap i use toyo proxy T1R'S 60quid for 2 for my S1 or stock cossie lattice wheel and that price is delivered Or 100quid for 4 and there bloody good tyre's
Old 18-09-2009, 12:03 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by Rs Cosworth 1
Winter=saffy?? WHAT lmao GARAGE mate

As for good grip tyre's cheap i use toyo proxy T1R'S 60quid for 2 for my S1 or stock cossie lattice wheel and that price is delivered Or 100quid for 4 and there bloody good tyre's
thats a good price its just iv just brought some escoz wheels but im only going to use them in the summer lattice wheels for winter so toyo t1rs then ill look them up seams worth it for 100 quid cheers

Trending Topics

Old 18-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Originally Posted by johnandhissaffy
thats a good price its just iv just brought some escoz wheels but im only going to use them in the summer lattice wheels for winter so toyo t1rs then ill look them up seams worth it for 100 quid cheers
Ebay mate for the size that is what i found them at 100quid about 120 top's i am sure there good tyre's can't moan there on the 4X4 cossie
Old 18-09-2009, 04:03 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnandhissaffy
well its not really wot tyres you get is how you drive and i dont really drive like a bellend chav and its all about if they have enough air in them anyway mate but iv had bugdet tyres and iv had eagle touring and personly i really dont see the difference but everyone has a appinuion even the expencieve tyres lose it i see a ford rs focus lose it the other day doing about 50-60mph coming off a roundabout up lakeside and he lost it and he had toyo r888s on so it would make you think really ill only do it at 45-50mph but not the piont just how you drive really cheers anyway
You don't seem to put much importance of decent tyres in this equation of cars staying on the road.
It's all about if you have enough air in them ?, trust me a bald as shit tyre is going to be problematic even at the correct pressure.
The mere fact that you don't see a difference between budget and the more expensive, generally better tyre says it all, your driving style doesn't warrant expensive/best tyres.
There is a world of difference between the best and worst, there is also a world of difference between what should be good and what is good.
A FWD FRS loses it using R888 what a surprise, not is it, some people think even with no ability they can drive if they have the right bits, I've seen people on 888's go ragging straight away on the first corner of a track, and they wonder why they have no grip.
Yes everyone does have an opinion on tyres, a lot don't agree with my opinion, but that's life, a lot don't believe in ultra seal I do it works and pays for itself in higher mileage from the cooler tyres, of around an extra 30-40% life.
I did chuckle when one 4wd cossie owner said I was amazed the car slid on the ice, even with 4wd!!
tabetha
Old 18-09-2009, 08:20 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by tabetha
You don't seem to put much importance of decent tyres in this equation of cars staying on the road.
It's all about if you have enough air in them ?, trust me a bald as shit tyre is going to be problematic even at the correct pressure.
The mere fact that you don't see a difference between budget and the more expensive, generally better tyre says it all, your driving style doesn't warrant expensive/best tyres.
There is a world of difference between the best and worst, there is also a world of difference between what should be good and what is good.
A FWD FRS loses it using R888 what a surprise, not is it, some people think even with no ability they can drive if they have the right bits, I've seen people on 888's go ragging straight away on the first corner of a track, and they wonder why they have no grip.
Yes everyone does have an opinion on tyres, a lot don't agree with my opinion, but that's life, a lot don't believe in ultra seal I do it works and pays for itself in higher mileage from the cooler tyres, of around an extra 30-40% life.
I did chuckle when one 4wd cossie owner said I was amazed the car slid on the ice, even with 4wd!!
tabetha
suppose that is true really just i aint seen any that are good i tryed eagle tourings and the person said they were good and good in the wet fook me they were crap but i suppose i havnt really took any more chances on other tyres so might have a go at some other tyres maybe eagle f1s or pradas