General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Help me with my helmet......

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help me with my helmet......

I have a Frank Thomas Novak crash helmet, it's fairly basic. I just use it for trackdays (and I haven't done many of those LOL). However, it's missing the visor. I'd like to use it for karting this weekend, but of course need a visor for that. I gather its a long time discontinued model and I'm getting naff all help from anyone. I know it sounds tight, but I really don't want to spend £60-80 on a new helmet for one day karting when the one I have is good enough (if it only had the bloody visor!), but I don't really want to use their scabby helmets either.

Anyone know anything about these? There is one helmet on Ebay at the moment that I could rob the visor from (the helmet is the wrong size), I'd probably get it for a tenner, but that doesn't finish until the weekend! Too late! LOL.
Old 25-08-2009, 09:31 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cannot remmeber what I did with my track day one, you could have had that only been used 3 track days and one karting event.

cannot see my self using it again. Think its at the mother-in-laws not sure.
Old 25-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just use the ones at the kart centre i bet they smell lovely

I took my AGV titech rossie rep Bike lid to karts last time i went. Now this is an expensive top line lid and the guy wanted to scrutineer it before letting me out. Wasnt sure it was safe. I felt like nutting the cunt with it on! The ones they dish our are manky, stinking pieces of shit and he has a go at mine
Old 25-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The supplied lids at places like kart centres are stinking, i'd be shelling out the money for a new one if i were you.

Some nicely priced ones here mind, if youre only going to use it now n again, the cost of a new visor wouldnt be a million miles away from those prices tbh.

http://lidsdirect.co.uk/epages/eshop...cchini_Helmets

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Just use the ones at the kart centre i bet they smell lovely

I took my AGV titech rossie rep Bike lid to karts last time i went. Now this is an expensive top line lid and the guy wanted to scrutineer it before letting me out. Wasnt sure it was safe. I felt like nutting the cunt with it on! The ones they dish our are manky, stinking pieces of shit and he has a go at mine
LOL We always take our Arai's whenever we go karting too
Old 25-08-2009, 08:46 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy

There is one helmet on Ebay at the moment that I could rob the visor from (the helmet is the wrong size), I'd probably get it for a tenner, but that doesn't finish until the weekend! Too late! LOL.
ask if they'll end it early.

and next time, buy a decent helmet
Old 25-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

just put some cling film over it, it'll be mint
Old 23-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Ronyz Reynald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have skills about the New nitek helmet but i would surely like to do the as I hear they are tough, easy on the head and comfortable.