General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

car insurance pro's, minor incident advice please

Search this Thread

Old 20-08-2009, 03:12 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car insurance pro's, minor incident advice please

ok, popped to asda with my mate, on our way out, reversed completely out of my space and about to start manouvre forwards to leave, when some crazy lady who must think mirrors are optional just casually reversed into me

i noticed her moving so gave the horn a quick tap, she stil kept moving, then just as i was about to have to nail it back in my own space, she nailed it and hit me on the corner of my back bumper.

now, she hasnt done much damage to mine, the scuff will polish out, just a little chip and a small scratch, if im honest id happily leave it. but she played the innocent victimised lady, and says she didnt move and i slammed into her, and although there was no damage to her car, shes trying to say i caused scratches to her bumper that have already been touched in probably months ago!

i have 2 witnesses, my passenger who happens to also be my boss whos traders policy my work car is insured with, and then another driver who saw it and was adament that i was the innocent party.

now if i dnt claim cos im not that fussed, i run the risk of crazy lady claiming and then screwing me over right?

unsure exactly what to do. i want to go bloody mop the back bumper but cant for fear of sum elaborate insurance person turning up soon to say im hiding sumthin