General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

has anyone had a bad nerve problem in the arm? ulnar, medial or radial?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry has anyone had a bad nerve problem in the arm? ulnar, medial or radial?

i know ive asked it ages ago, but there are a lot of new members now

as title guys, i know it sounds random but has anyone had any grief with there ulnar, medial or radial nerves in the arm? how did you do it and how was you treated/operated on?

i have a major condition with all 3 nerves thats very tricky to find where the problem is, ulnar nerve gives me servere pain and im on steroids 24/7 to calm the pain! thats all
Old 06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a trapped ULNAR nerve due to impingment, it is trapped in a bad place near the elbow joint,(elbow smashed to pieces) so I know the real serious pain it causes, mine was liveable with until I started going mental on pec dec, with the pad resting on my inner arm.
I sought advice from doctors etc but they told me that they couldn't gaurantee a op would cure the pain and that it could make it worse, with almost total loss of sensation from that nerve, I live with it as not worth the risk to me.
tabetha
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tabetha
I have a trapped ULNAR nerve due to impingment, it is trapped in a bad place near the elbow joint,(elbow smashed to pieces) so I know the real serious pain it causes, mine was liveable with until I started going mental on pec dec, with the pad resting on my inner arm.
I sought advice from doctors etc but they told me that they couldn't gaurantee a op would cure the pain and that it could make it worse, with almost total loss of sensation from that nerve, I live with it as not worth the risk to me.
tabetha
yup ulnar nerve is the one that gives me the most horrendus pain/numbness 24/7 on the inner forearm down to the little and ring finger, im going in for an operation soon to relocate the ulnar nerve away from the funny bone so it does not get compressed.

i take it you have muscle wastage on the interossi and clawing fingers? ( interossi is top of hand between thump and index finger, ulnar related) i also have severe muscle wastage on the theanar which is the palm, the medial nerve causes this.

the pain also travels from my armpit down to the forearm (ulnar again), they believe its a brachial plexus lesion (nerves under collar bone to arm), all my 3 nerves in my arm are fucked basically from EMG tests, but the ulnar is the only one that gives me serious pain - people dont realise how bad the shooting pain is

as said the neurologist im seeing thinks i have more than 1 problem, elbow problem and brachial plexus lesion. i have had a very hard fall on my elbow when i was 16 and i believe myself thats what has damaged the ulnar nerve so badly. what has caused the damage in my neck and collar bone is unknown as all 3 nerves in your arm branch from there closely together so it makes sense there why my ulnar, medial + radial nerves are fucked!

Last edited by paceo; 06-08-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know anything about nerve pain other than you can use some anti-epileptic medications to treat the pain (in addition to pain killers)
Old 06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I use to have a nerve problem in my left arm which would make my pinky move involuntarily. The fuckers put a current through my arm for a couple of therapy sessions and since i haven't had a problem.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ellie
I dont know anything about nerve pain other than you can use some anti-epileptic medications to treat the pain (in addition to pain killers)
thats what im on mate, also treats epilepsy
Old 06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ahhhh.