General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Black Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the money or influence.....look at bonkers mallard saff cos for one....its just a shame Ford never have(or did) make proper records of all thier cars(or special orders!)......there are quite a few non standard option cars around(or were around)..well thats what i was lead to believe when i've spoken to people that were in the know back then. Although i don't get all this X files area 51 shite when a non production colour car is mentioned....if someone said"ooooo i have a dog shit brown E46 M3",most people wouldn't insinuate that its a fraud!...but as it has an RS badge it must be suspect
Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

If they did one in Black I would cash in my shares and buy one now... even if I was still down 3k on my shares
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by MadMac
If they did one in Black I would cash in my shares and buy one now... even if I was still down 3k on my shares
I wouldn't wait till next year to buy one lol
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Pardeep
Didn't the guy send it back to Ford to have it stripped and repainted???
yes he did.......but other examples left the production line in different colours. The problem is these days,you have soooo many "experts" in a field that they never actually experienced till WAY after the marque was released,and the make out like they were in it from the begining. From what i've read and spoken with the likes or Jermey Walton and Graham Robson.i know there was more than what the dealer brochure had to offer!!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Robski
yes he did.......but other examples left the production line in different colours. The problem is these days,you have soooo many "experts" in a field that they never actually experienced till WAY after the marque was released,and the make out like they were in it from the begining. From what i've read and spoken with the likes or Jermey Walton and Graham Robson.i know there was more than what the dealer brochure had to offer!!
I remember my mate when he ordered his 2.5 S-Max. They were fucking him about and he requested the car be Performance Blue. After days and days of asking they wouldn't do it unless he coughed up another 3k. What do you think they'd charge for black lol
Old 07-08-2009, 07:57 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Robski
i have a dog shit brown E46 M3",most people wouldn't insinuate that its a fraud!...

You have one too, fook sake.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

That looks mint in black.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

the only thing with black is it looks the dogs danglies when you first get it but once you,ve washed it 3 or 4 times it looks like its grey as all the polish has washed off and you see all the swirl marks and scratches,unless you are going too spend countless hours looking after the paintwork then you might aswell buy a silver car....

trust me,i know these things,13 yrs as a valeter learnt me lots
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by xr2john
the only thing with black is it looks the dogs danglies when you first get it but once you,ve washed it 3 or 4 times it looks like its grey as all the polish has washed off and you see all the swirl marks and scratches,unless you are going too spend countless hours looking after the paintwork then you might aswell buy a silver car....

trust me,i know these things,13 yrs as a valeter learnt me lots
Fair enough but my mates had his M3 polished constantly by JohnsWax.co.uk all the time and his car doesn't look gray one bit. Swirl marks just need to be machine polished out. I valet my black 182 and its still black and no swirl marks. Swirl marks appear (and you'll know this as a valeter) when people don't know how a car should be washed or polished. People who don't know how to valet use Mr Miyagi's Wax on Wax off method.

From what John Drake of johnswax.co.uk told me was it depends on how much attention has been payed to the spraying. He said you would see when the its a shit job on black.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Deffo needs to be made in black.