General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Some people just don't help themselves!

Search this Thread

Old 27-07-2009, 09:43 PM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Some people just don't help themselves!

This afternoon a lad in an Ibiza had the wishbone/steering arm collapse(i didn't look close enough) on approach to a roundabout. Even though i had the wife and kids with me i went back round the dual carriageway to see if i could help.

As i stopped he was on the phone to his mate asking how much a new wishbone would be!!!! NOT phoning for help! His car was in an awkward spot so i said let me hook it up and drag it out of the way, "wheres your towing eye?" "durrr dunno" "its your car mate you should know"
Useful suggestions from him ranged from putting a rope round something on the front to trying to jack it up to straighten the wheel. I explain that if i try and tow it from something other than something solid it wont be pretty and if we jack it up toto straighten it up the wheel will only end up back in the same position ie 90degrees and fucked against the arch! At this point he says" do you think its buckled the wheel?" Mate i think thats the least of your worries..........

Once i'd turned his boot upside down i found his towing eye but when i try to find the hole the aftermarket bumpers had been fitted over it and the rear one had the cover glued on "to stop it falling off" i could have dragged the back end out of the way and closer to the verge otherwise.
After telling him his stupid fucking kit was stopping me helping him any further and him not listening to any advice i packed up my shit back in the car and fucked off home!

Just don't know why people overlook the important stuff just to modify their car, i mean who the fuck fits a bumper over a towing eye thread and glues the rear cover on???

Thats all, rant over.
Old 27-07-2009, 09:53 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pmsl @ that, bet you regretted stopping
Old 27-07-2009, 10:18 PM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

regret its an understatement.

I got so pissed off with him

"your stupid fucking kits in the way"
"all this shit in your boot and none of its any use"
"why not get off your fucking phone and listen to what i'm saying"
"you're not fucking listening......i'm trying to help"

"i'm fucking going, leave it where it is!"
Old 27-07-2009, 10:32 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, at least his kit was aftermarket. i have a ford rs option splitter on my orion and i cant get a towrope hook on the eye you've just got to laught at it. 10 screws later and it is off though.

the only time i stopped is when an astra spun in the road infront of me in the wet, went into a lampost and then on its side in a ditch. i couldn't open the door for 30 seconds or so, i was too scared of what i'd find luckily he was "ok" and had a cut lip and was just dazed and coming round again. fucking lucky though. he hit the lampost at about 40mph i reckon.

Oh and fair play for stopping
Old 28-07-2009, 09:49 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was helping Roosie out a few months back with towing, his 3dr cossie track car.
We were using his 330d to tow the cossie with a rigid tow pole, but this was attached to the 3dr with a old exhaust clamp around the front x member, some twat pulled out in front then slammed his brakes on(bmw driver!!) so the clamp snapped, coasted to a halt in a t junction, so off I went to his house to get another clamp, came back and that clamp snapped trying to undo the nuts!!
So no option to tow now as nothing to do it with connection wise, so Roosie had that mysterious look on his face, I clicked what he was thinking, no way I said, especially as the cop car had passed us twice in 5 minutes, but we ended up PUSHING his 3dr for 15 miles to the workshop, when we got in the yard roosie forgot I was there hit the brakes hard so I jumped on the beemers brakes as the pole snapped and threatened to go through the rad/bumper/grill etc as it snapped the tow hook off in the bumper.
I wish that I had my tow rope, as normally always carry one in each car.
tabetha
Old 28-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The things people do!!!!
Old 28-07-2009, 10:49 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts