General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Body work (paint spill) help......

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:41 PM
rossco22
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body work (paint spill) help......

Bought a myself a new van at the beginning of the week (new to me actually an s reg lol) I decided i was going to spray tint the rear windows today just to make it slightly harder for people to look in an give some added security, I masked everything up an started spraying away gave the glass a gd cote as according to the instructions the paint has to run down to give a full coverage of the glass ( very strange method imo) anyhow 10/15 mins lata peared round to the other side of the door and noticed the paint had run through the back of the window rubber seal and down the front of the door ive tryed eveything i can think of to get it off but the outline which is very visable wont shift !! any one got any sujestions what i could try imo its gone to far an eaten into the paint but there might be something that can still be done fingers crossed..

Products ive tryed so far ,, t-cut ,, thinners , acid wheel cleaner, nitromors this started lifting the paint so had to stop, ...
Old 11-07-2009, 05:47 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

nitromors may as well bare metal the door now
Old 11-07-2009, 05:54 PM
rossco22

Originally Posted by bigal1978
nitromors may as well bare metal the door now

Lol , yer was getting more an more pissed off cause it wasnt coming off only used that in a small area an didint leave it on long you can see its been there but its not to bad...

Took a quick pic carnt really see it that well but gives an idea

Van was mint before this happend ...

Last edited by rossco22; 11-07-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

id wet and dry it with a very fine grade. Cant get much worse if you tried all the above!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i'm correct, that is a citroen dispatch, or fiat/peugeot version of the same, once you have cleaned the mess up get a cage over those rear windows, as they are very easily removed to gain access to the rear, as a colleague discovered and lost all his tools.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 AM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

have you try'd g3 compound and a buffer a proper one not halford pish?then polish itor as says above wet and dry it and do as i said above^^^ that should come of no probs
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 AM
rossco22

Originally Posted by BRIGSPORT
If i'm correct, that is a citroen dispatch, or fiat/peugeot version of the same, once you have cleaned the mess up get a cage over those rear windows, as they are very easily removed to gain access to the rear, as a colleague discovered and lost all his tools.

Yer your correct it is a peugeot expert van , i do have internally caged rear windows thankfully...

Just tryed wet & dry paper on it 1000grit not sure if i should have used finer but that was the finest i had, it started to take the top layer of it off but also leaves a nasty flat sanded type finish to the paint which doesnt t-cut off fully... Perhaps ill see if i can get my freind of a freind who is a valeter to have ago buffing it out with some strong cutting compounds an see what happens.. Just trying to avoid spending out on haveing the door resprayed if i can...Lesson learned never try an tint windows with a tint spray its horrible stuff to use & i ended up using thinners to remove it from the window anyhow as i wasnt happy with the finish luckly it came off the glass , Got some tint film from Halfords which looks alot better now

Trending Topics

Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

i used regular black metal spray on my transporters back door windows
the worst paintjob in the world, full of runs etc. untill i plylined the inside of the window, now it looks like i professional job! coz there is no light behind the glass to show the runs.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Wet and dry as you have just done, but should be using 1800-2000 paper with some washing up liquid in the water to help it slide.

The t-cut ,G3 etc will work your just not doing it for long enough.

Try get a machine what takes an hour buy hand takes 3-5 mins with a decent machine.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:04 AM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G3 will be fine for getting rid of that,as said
Old 12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Just buy a a door from a scrap yard if you you carnt get it off.