General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

decission/opinions and help time please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up decission/opinions and help time please!

Well been a pretty poo 2009 for me,admit it could be alot worse and no doubt people on here and had alot worse then me so far!but it still not been great!with job lose and women etc anyhow i feel i need maybe to relight my love for cars to help me take my mind of certain stuff i have two choices get the body work sorted out on my sapp requires new rear arch bonnet resprayed and front and rear bumpers doing new side skirts and a little tidying here and there,plus would get my rear arms/beam powder coated and replace all my solid brake pipes!would need to get out a small loan to help me do this,some things to throw into the equation the car is not hpi clear,4 owners i have had her for 8 years now,just gone round the clock but has had a rebuild and is very quite even from cold,no excessive smoke just the usual for a cossie!Last year i removed the engine and replaced every gasket including a genuine coopers O ring headgasket suppiled by tony@turbosystems also this year fitted a L8 with pectel board air injectors and boost control all live mapped again by tony running around the 360 maybe 370/375 mark!

Or i could get a 3 door the spec is massive used to be steves (4x4 ste)on here then i think cossie rich bought it on here its now owned by a bloke in wales!would need to sell sapp and get a bigger loan!this car has been mapped by stu here is the spec list and some pics!i know it would be a pig to drive in town but would only be a weekend car

spec

530bhp T4 powered engine Done 2000 miles
T4 turbo with mar-am 247 shaft
AH fabrications intercooler
Air injector
Wasted spark conversion
Closed loop fueling
Brand new engine loom
Touring car spec head,
BD16/14 cams,
Blue verniers,
isky double valve springs,
WRC 4 layer headgasket
New 200 block,
6 wrc long studs 4 std head bolts,
7:2-1 compression
Mahle pistons
ARP rod bolts
Fully balanced and lightened bottom end (not too light)
4 paddle clutch
Big wing sump
Siemens 1000cc injectors
L8 ecu with ANTI-LAG and LAUNCH CONTROL
Oil cooler
Usual chrome tanks under the bonnet
Full set of silicone / braided hoses
Aeromotive ae1000 fuel pump with -8 to fuel rail and -6 return
Aeromotive fuel regulaor
Aeromotive high flow fuel filter
Glebe straight cut T5 gearbox with non std ratios (yes its noisy) it does what its supposed to. (£3000)
Quaife atb rear diff
R and B rear shims
AP 6 pot 330mm front brakes
Large rear brakes
Fully polybushed
AVO coilover suspension
Compomotive mo’s 17" 5 spokes in anthracite
3 ford racing gauges
Elliot 8k tacho (fitted where std one was)
Mint interior uncracked dash
Brand new Clifford concept alarm (950 I think)
The car was mapped by Stu at motorsport developments last week and his estimate is that its around 530 bhp and we saw that the engine could consume more air than the T4 could produce so there is capacity for even more power if required by putting on a bigger turbo.
I have his full report on the car showing no faults and im sure he would comfirm this also
Before I had the engine installed in the car it got put on a geometry ramp and came off perfectly square showing no signs of accidents whatsoever

and some pics

any thoughts opinions would be very helpful
Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To be honest, I'd break the Saph rather than plowing money into a mini-resto on it... and buy that 3dr, it looks lovely and has a very tidy spec list.

One thing though, you say you've lost your job, but are going for a loan?? Is this wise?? Unless you've since sorted out other employment, in which case I'm sure you can do basic maths to see if you can afford the loan etc..

Cheers,
Grant
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
alo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is rude , but your saff is well clean too. If money is no object do it.
If your worried about money keep it in your pocket.
Just my penny's worth
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

forgot to put in i am working again lol!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

stick with what you know me man,3dr is sweet but big power and breakages equals big bills,but your choice just my 2pennys worth,p.s dont break the old girl
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pastures new I'd say, after 8 years you need a change.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by Mal.
Pastures new I'd say, after 8 years you need a change.
I agree. Plus, I only said to break the Saph because it seems the in thing to do at the moment and apparently best way to realise the value from the car...

Cheers,
Grant
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

would have to be that 3dr for me mate its fookin awesome,plus its always going to be worht a hell of a lot more then the saff no matter how much more money you put into it.

all imo of course
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

personally would go for the 3 door and for interests sake what job you doing now you back on the spanners?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
bigad4x4
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I know of this 3 door and its mint ste didnt have it too long and said it scared him to death great spec and a good honest cossie i think ste paid around the 10 grand mark and at the time was running around 310 hp, the anti lag on it is fookin mental
Old 04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Captain500rs
Advanced PassionFord User

I'd say stick with what you know but that 3 door is lovely lol and know i would be tempted. But i'd look at how much the 3 door is and how much the saph would cost to do aswell and see which one would work out cheapest
Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Hmm what to do lol!kind of fancy a change,but the other half is worried about getting another car and it all going wrong!where as i know my sapp inside out lol!but then again i do kind of fancy a genuine fast cossie!

sap4be yes mate back on the tools
Old 04-07-2009, 11:20 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just read the old fastford that features this car,she is sweet.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this car has been passed around alot, it is a good example, infact one of the best out there, but if you are going to buy, spend some time with it first...

big power sounds great at the pub, but in reality i dont think you would like it on the road mate, the box is nasty, the power comes in late, they just dont make good road cars at 500bhp imo, thats why i think like this one people tend not to keep them long, they buy it thinking wow 500bhp must be ace, give it 3 months and you realise its fookin horrible to drive and you crave your old spec back lol

i really belive a t34.63, 55lbs is THE best spec for a road car, think carefullly before you rid of your saff for a car you may potentially hate to drive.

i never really enjoyed my 500bhp car, is was very hard work to drive,

and if you do buy it, fookin use it, get it on track and kick its head in, thats the only reason to own a T4 car imo, if you want a road car its not the one for you imo

Last edited by JTECH James; 04-07-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

This is a hard one the 3dr is nice but your saff is nice too.Peopl say the saff,s drive better than 3dr cossies.Its your choice at the end of the day.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by JTECHSAFF
this car has been passed around alot, it is a good example, infact one of the best out there, but if you are going to buy, spend some time with it first...

big power sounds great at the pub, but in reality i dont think you would like it on the road mate, the box is nasty, the power comes in late, they just dont make good road cars at 500bhp imo, thats why i think like this one people tend not to keep them long, they buy it thinking wow 500bhp must be ace, give it 3 months and you realise its fookin horrible to drive and you crave your old spec back lol

i really belive a t34.63, 55lbs is THE best spec for a road car, think carefullly before you rid of your saff for a car you may potentially hate to drive.

i never really enjoyed my 500bhp car, is was very hard work to drive,

and if you do buy it, fookin use it, get it on track and kick its head in, thats the only reason to own a T4 car imo, if you want a road car its not the one for you imo

Some very good points there mate all of which i have been thinking about!the bloke who owns it said i can come down and spend the day etc go out and see what i think about the car,as it is not technically for sale not advertised etc!so there would be no pressure!i am worried about spending out quite alot for money only to really regret it
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

when i see your saph the other month it looked MINT!!!! so if it only requires a little id do it as looked stunning
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

that 3dr looks awsome mate ,has had some money spent onit ,are you goin to use it as a everyday car or one just for the weekend?

cheers james
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by rst in breaking
when i see your saph the other month it looked MINT!!!! so if it only requires a little id do it as looked stunning

cheers chap its far from perfect,i presume that must of been at the north london meet or maybe the halfway house?Will have to actually say hello next time lol!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by james kiely
that 3dr looks awsome mate ,has had some money spent onit ,are you goin to use it as a everyday car or one just for the weekend?

cheers james

weekend car mate like the sapp is
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic28
weekend car mate like the sapp is

then it would have to be the 3dr,it has a brilliant spec ,turn the power down a bit put a reconed t5 in and sell the straightcut box and you should get some of the asking price back

cheers james
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

the other thing to think about is the finance aspect of it.

Im rebuilding my Saph GLX to a near cosworth spec, however whilst i could have gone out and got a loan and got all of the parts in one swoop to do this, and broke another car to get the parts. However in this climate is it really worth taking the financial risk, I dont want to put a downer on it but you have already been made redundant once, what are the chances of this happening again with your current job?

Other than that - I would choose to fix the saph, 500bhp is to much to be used on the road, so unless your caining it on the track then its not worthwhile IMO
Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by natehall
the other thing to think about is the finance aspect of it.

Im rebuilding my Saph GLX to a near cosworth spec, however whilst i could have gone out and got a loan and got all of the parts in one swoop to do this, and broke another car to get the parts. However in this climate is it really worth taking the financial risk, I dont want to put a downer on it but you have already been made redundant once, what are the chances of this happening again with your current job?

Other than that - I would choose to fix the saph, 500bhp is to much to be used on the road, so unless your caining it on the track then its not worthwhile IMO

hey mate thanks for the input!i was at my old garage for 12 odd years (vauxhall dealer) i am now at another vauxhall dealer it was a peugeot dealer but they took on the vx dealership as there was none in north london once we shut down,they are spending 450,000 on the site to modernise it so job should be secure for a while!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Yea, I would be tempted to turn down the 3dr, swap to smaller punchier turbo and enjoy a bit more of a safety margin in the build... I am slightly biased though, cause I've always fancied an uber clean White 3dr Cossie and that one seems to have had a fair lump of wedge thrown at it already, which is a big bonus for the next owner IMO.

I can't think what your Saph looks like, and I'm sure others cant either, so fire up a couple of pictures and more people might be able to make a choice between the two.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bye the 3dr and slap a gt30 on maybe as people rave about them ?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:22 AM
4x4 ste

The 3 door is my old car and my pictures i took at my house, Sadly it was one of my last cosworths as i realised my dream, 500 horses in a 3 door. I have never kept any car a length of time and once i had completed the car and got it featured i sold it and not long after bought an evo for a change. When i sold the car it was near perfection and the only car i propperly miss and if i had the money and oppurtunity i would buy back.

Steve
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by 4x4 ste
The 3 door is my old car and my pictures i took at my house, Sadly it was one of my last cosworths as i realised my dream, 500 horses in a 3 door. I have never kept any car a length of time and once i had completed the car and got it featured i sold it and not long after bought an evo for a change. When i sold the car it was near perfection and the only car i propperly miss and if i had the money and oppurtunity i would buy back.

Steve

hello stranger! long time no speak!hows things! and yes i still can not make up my mind only been 2 years feel i need something new to inspire me again
Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

some pics of my cossie

https://passionford.com/forum/pictur...my-cossie.html

and

https://passionford.com/forum/pictur...my-cossie.html
Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Doug,

I was with the owner of the 3dr Saturday, well one of them, lol, Adrian is Richards dad and we were on track together @ Combe, that car is stunning mate, i missed out on it when the other Rich had it in Plymouth, it,s recently been mapped by Stu and is peaking @ 37 psi... it sounded fantastic Saturday with the launch control etc.

If it were me mate i,d snap it up..

He never said he was selling it............
Old 06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Staffi
Doug,

I was with the owner of the 3dr Saturday, well one of them, lol, Adrian is Richards dad and we were on track together @ Combe, that car is stunning mate, i missed out on it when the other Rich had it in Plymouth, it,s recently been mapped by Stu and is peaking @ 37 psi... it sounded fantastic Saturday with the launch control etc.

If it were me mate i,d snap it up..

He never said he was selling it............

Hi pete,

I have not spoke to adrain for over a month now keep meaning to ring him but just been trying to concentrate settling down in my new job first and trying to sort out other crap that was going on

It was never really for sale but he would part with it for the right cash,he might well of changed his mind since i last spoke to him!going to give him a buzz this week,just wanted some opinions etc!

Last time i spoke to him he was taking it up to stu to get the launch control sorted and a set up,he must of took it up there if the launch control was working
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Doug,

Yes mate, Adrian was telling me Saturday it,s runing superb now AND Stu passed comment HOW quick the car is, it,s peaking @ 37 psi ffs...

If you can get hold of it Doug then do so mate, fook the saff off, i don,t mean that with any insult either, this has ALL the bits on it and it,s a stonker of a car.............520+bhp.....
Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

will give him a bell this week and see whats what!will keep ya updated pete

Wonder if stu would mind me pm'ing him about the car
Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

will give him a bell this week and see whats what!will keep ya updated pete

Wonder if stu would mind me pm'ing him about the car

Drop him a PM Doug, i,m sure he,ll fill you in...........

Richard,s username on here is COSSIEPROB...........which you probably know anyway........
Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

lol did not know that actually i think when he had it his user name was cossie-rich?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

lol did not know that actually i think when he had it his user name was cossie-rich?

See how i look after you............
Old 06-07-2009, 06:33 PM
4x4 ste

hello stranger! long time no speak!hows things! and yes i still can not make up my mind only been 2 years feel i need something new to inspire me again

Hello mate, Yeah things are fine thanks. you know the 3 door makes sense and as i told you before if you dont like the drive there is plenty you can do to change it and if all else fails break it and make money on it.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:15 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

saw this 3 door at combe the weekend and thought it was stunning and very very clean, didnt realise what was under the bonnet

to be honest, you cant fail to lose on the 3 door - if you dont like it after a period of time, either sell for what you paid for it or break it and make even more

matt
Old 06-07-2009, 07:59 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Buy the 3 door, fucking awsome car. Simples... How much are you offering for it, PM me if you want as I am very interested