General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

Within the last 8 months or so ive bought a 1 owner s2 erst from my nan. Found that the shell was completely rotten so tranplanted it all into a xr3i cabriolet with the kit etc. Its now got to a point where im a bit bored with it and ive got a couple of options.

1. Get a cheap mk2 xr2 and do a turbo conversion - something ive always wanted to have

2. Keep the cabriolet and just put a nice new roof on it that ive won for £100 and get the rear quarter resprayed as they are the only things it needs.

3. Get a Y plate xr3 in very good condition for very cheap money and do a s1 turbo rep

4. Get a cheap mk4 xr3i shell that i can get hold of cheap and do a s2 rs turbo rep.

What u think?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
jaysrs-s1
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

xr2 mate,specialy if its summit you realy wana do,just put the xr2 motor in the cab and sell that as a complete car to cover sum costs,otherwise could see another shell getting scrapped...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:42 PM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Ive got the engine in the cab running exactly how i want it.Its pretty quick now and seems very reliable as do quite a few miles in it - especially when the weather is nice.
Keeping the cab is gonna be a hell of alot easier and i must admit,i do enjoy driving it.
However ive always wanted a xr2 turbo and as the engine is running great,i can use that,put the xr2 engine (if it comes with one) in the cab and sell it running to make a bit more money.
The reason im looking at getting another car is im wanting to start doing track days.A cab isnt ideal for this, plus ive got no garage and keeping under a cover all the time is starting to do my head in.