General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Cossie Vs M5!

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2009, 11:40 PM
rs_jim
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orionmojo
Love this quote I'm the same with my rst. straight through zorst with a 4" exit. backfiring if you rev it right, half the people hit the deck and half look away in dusgust

lol that did make me laugh haha
Old 25-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_RS
Being honest, i'd love an M5, but i think i'd get bored of it quickly.

Nothing beats driving round town in the sapph, gearbox whining its nuts off, people staring in pure disgust at how loud one single car can actually be
LOL! I know what you mean about noisy gearboxes! Got a straight cut in mine.

I drove up my mates road the other month at no more than 20 mph, pulled up outside house, and a guy comes up to the car screaming his nuts off at me accusing me of driving like an arsehole!!! I asked if he saw it, he replied 'no but I heard it'. After a slanging match for a few minutes, I got bored, me and my mate jumped in the car, raised the revs to about 5k and just sidestepped the clutch and launched up the road! He weren't happy apparently! LOL!

Back on topic........I wouldn't mind an M5 but I think I would get bored too quick. Had a go in a mates 446bhp audi RS4 a couple of weeks back and although it was fast as fuck, just wasn't, IMO, a fun car to drive.
Old 25-06-2009, 06:46 AM
vikingboy
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orionmojo
..., half the people hit the deck and half look away in dusgust
no, its because they dont want you to see them pissing themselves laughing at you!
Old 25-06-2009, 06:50 AM
vikingboy
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
Had a go in a mates 446bhp audi RS4 a couple of weeks back and although it was fast as fuck, just wasn't, IMO, a fun car to drive.
You werent driving it quickly then! How on earth can a 450hp car not be fun!? Is it too competent? What is it makes the cossie fun? Is it the fact the damn things wander alll over the place, or waiting to see which bit breaks next, or where it will stop requiring the flat-bed to collect it from.
I guess thats where this place is called passionford, and not commonsenseford LOL
Old 25-06-2009, 07:14 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ian is obviosuly bleeding this week. Miserable fucker
Old 25-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vikingboy
What is it makes the cossie fun? Is it the fact the damn things wander alll over the place,
That sounds like worn bushes to me, perhaps in combination with overwide, directional pattern tyres and incorrect toe settings.

Easy to restore to as new
Old 25-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

M5's were bought new by over weight short balding middle age business men with small willies

Last edited by Turbosystems; 25-06-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 25-06-2009, 07:49 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
M5's were bought new by over weight short balding middle age business men with small willies
thats me to a tee! except im only 27!!

Last edited by Turbosystems; 25-06-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

FPMSL
Old 25-06-2009, 08:15 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

most sierra cosworths bitd were driven by bank robbers and joy riders.

a typical new sierra cosworth owner was calling king kab for a ride home cos his cozzie wasn't where he left it
Old 25-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant figure out why some people are on here
Old 25-06-2009, 08:42 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Kam B
i cant figure out why some people are on here
Its really not that hard to figure out is it....
Old 25-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

to slate cosworths?
Old 25-06-2009, 08:59 AM
D700 OMB
Its standard!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich

Classic
Old 25-06-2009, 09:22 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

to slate cosworths?
The same Cosworths that most of us have owned?? not likely.

You have to realise that some cars are better than others. An M5 is a better car than a cossie full stop.

It doesn't mean we stop liking cossies though, and doesnt stop cossies being faster!
Old 25-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

You werent driving it quickly then! How on earth can a 450hp car not be fun!? Is it too competent? What is it makes the cossie fun? Is it the fact the damn things wander alll over the place, or waiting to see which bit breaks next, or where it will stop requiring the flat-bed to collect it from.
I guess thats where this place is called passionford, and not commonsenseford LOL
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise I wasn't allowed my own opinion. Everyone has there own taste when it comes to cars or anything else for that matter.

My own car has 450bhp so I do have something to compare the audi to so don't assume I don't.

I prefer the drive of my cosworth because to me it feels raw and involving to drive rather than just guiding the car where you want it to go.

As for the reliablility issue, I thrash the arse off my car everytime I drive it and it hasn't let me down. I know from the job that i do that much more modern and expensive so called performance cars breakdown too and generally cost a lot more to repair.

Why the fuck come on to a FORD orientated website then slag them off? Fuck off to an Audi forum instead. Oh fuck. I've given another opinion. I do apologise.
Old 25-06-2009, 09:49 AM
D700 OMB
Its standard!!

God heres another one.^^^^^^^^
Calm down dear.. its only a forum.
Old 25-06-2009, 10:10 AM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Exactly, now they are owned by the working class peasants who could never have afforded one new but still think the have the same stigma of someone refined and classy
Old 25-06-2009, 10:44 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis
You have to realise that some cars are better than others. An M5 is a better car than a cossie full stop.
Oh god, not this quote again. Thats your opinion mate and fair enough. But everyone in the world does not share your opinion. If everyone thought the same as you, we'd all own M5's!

Yes they are great cars, anyone doubting that would be a fool. But for me at the moment, a cossie is far better than an M5! If i thought an M5 was better for me id go and swap my escos for one....or two even. Thats the thing, most cossie owners on here could buy an M5 if they wanted but they dont want one!

I love it when M5 owners cant understand how anyone can own a car other than an M5.

If the M5 was the best car in the world, we'd all have them.

I await another 10 pages of nonsense.
Old 25-06-2009, 10:47 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And where does this misconception of cossies being so unreliable and breaking down all the time come from? If a cossie is breaking all the time, and costing you a fortune in repair bills, then its either a bad example or a badly tuned car.
Old 25-06-2009, 10:49 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PT
Exactly, now they are owned by the working class peasants who could never have afforded one new but still think the have the same stigma of someone refined and classy
Old 25-06-2009, 10:56 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by S1rst
Oh god, not this quote again. Thats your opinion mate and fair enough. But everyone in the world does not share your opinion. If everyone thought the same as you, we'd all own M5's!

Yes they are great cars, anyone doubting that would be a fool. But for me at the moment, a cossie is far better than an M5! If i thought an M5 was better for me id go and swap my escos for one....or two even. Thats the thing, most cossie owners on here could buy an M5 if they wanted but they dont want one!

I love it when M5 owners cant understand how anyone can own a car other than an M5.

If the M5 was the best car in the world, we'd all have them.

I await another 10 pages of nonsense.
Im sure you own a cossie cos you like it, but to even try to say its better is just fuckin daft!

Im not saying anything bad about cossies on this thread, i've owned 3 now and loved each one.

I agree that many people would prefer to own a cossie, but the reasons for that aren't because its a better car surely?

Compare the two side by side, as the pieces of metal they are and the M5 is FAR superior in every department apart from looks IMO.
Old 25-06-2009, 11:06 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by PT
You can pipe the fuck down aswell! Weren't you driving a a fuckin RS Turbo before you got lucky?
Old 25-06-2009, 11:09 AM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You can pipe the fuck down aswell! Weren't you driving a a fuckin RS Turbo before you got lucky?
pmsl, i was still in uni then, i had a fleet of cars, I had a pug 106 aswell
Old 25-06-2009, 11:12 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im sure you own a cossie cos you like it, but to even try to say its better is just fuckin daft!

Im not saying anything bad about cossies on this thread, i've owned 3 now and loved each one.

I agree that many people would prefer to own a cossie, but the reasons for that aren't because its a better car surely?

Compare the two side by side, as the pieces of metal they are and the M5 is FAR superior in every department apart from looks IMO.
For me, my cossie is far better in my eyes. Its all about what you get from the car. I get far more enjoyment from driving my car than i do from driving an M5. Thats why i own one. So for me, yes my cossie is better. Im not blinkered at all before that gets brought up. Ive owned many different cars ranging in performance, and performance aside, the escos beats them all in my opinion.

Its not about which one is quickest, or which one looks better, its all about the overall package and what the car gives you. For me, the escos ticks more boxes from what i want from a car, so for that reason, its the better car. Just like im sure the M5 ticks more boxes for you, which is why you feel its the better car for you.

Its all opinions.

Last edited by S1rst; 25-06-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 25-06-2009, 11:33 AM
D700 OMB
Its standard!!

Old 25-06-2009, 11:50 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by PT
pmsl, i was still in uni then, i had a fleet of cars, I had a pug 106 aswell
High Roller!
Old 25-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Slaney21
Roflmaowtfbbqhax!

Originally Posted by blacky.
on the flip side you can drive like a twat in a bm & draw no attention to your self lol
i would disagree

down here most of the twats who drive like cunts are bm "ive got one look at me" w or the jap shit.

It almost seems that owning such cars that you are forced to drive like a tit to be noticed. One such "gent" round here with an m3 and the plate "m3 av u" seems to think he owns the road

absolute
Old 25-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

'M5's are better than cossies full stop'

That my freind is purely opinion. sounds like you are trying to say its a fact
Old 25-06-2009, 12:40 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To be honest, its part of the reason why BMW owners have the bad image they have. They seem to think they have the best car in the world and are baffled as to why people own different cars, nothing else comes close in their little world.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:40 PM
ECOS95
Advanced PassionFord User

Back to the original question If the cossie is a true 400BHP it should be faster than the M5 due to its better Power to Weight advantage. Above 150mph is another matter so who knows & where can you do that speed these days without being on an airfield.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:41 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

'M5's are better than cossies full stop'

That my freind is purely opinion. sounds like you are trying to say its a fact
If you can give me one aspect of a cossie that is better, and i mean a quality that isnt based on opinion or nostalgia or whatever, then ill change my mind.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:42 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neither of them will if the mapping is correct

Lest we forget the Group A RS500s screaming their nuts off at 170+mph.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:46 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

To be honest, its part of the reason why BMW owners have the bad image they have. They seem to think they have the best car in the world and are baffled as to why people own different cars, nothing else comes close in their little world.
Stop beind so bloody daft!

I know my M5 isnt as good as shitloads of cars out there, but i refuse to accept that a cossie is a better car!

Compare an M5 to say, a 911 turbo or summat and my opinion would change...but im not having a 90's fuckin Ford being better than it!
Old 25-06-2009, 12:53 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you can give me one aspect of a cossie that is better, and i mean a quality that isnt based on opinion or nostalgia or whatever, then ill change my mind.
If you give me one aspect of an M5 that is better, and i mean regarding nostalgia that isnt based on opinion or quality or whatever, then ill change my mind.

See what i mean now, you can pick and choose your words all you like mate. No one is saying anything about the build quality. And as said before, its the fact a cossie is not as refined to drive that makes it appealing and fun to drive.

Last edited by S1rst; 25-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:56 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know my M5 isnt as good as shitloads of cars out there, but i refuse to accept that a cossie is a better car!

Compare an M5 to say, a 911 turbo or summat and my opinion would change...but im not having a 90's fuckin Ford being better than it!
Im not being daft mate, its a prime example.

'but im not having a 90's ford being better than it!'.......thats another example of it right there im afraid.

No ones asking you to accept that a cossie is better. Its your opinion, and other people have theirs. So they will continue to own their '90's fords' because they prefer them.
Old 25-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulo P
I personally love driving my Cossie. It's a stage 3 2 wheel drive sapphire on standard wheels etc and it's so much fun and so comfortable to drive. At the moment I'm driving the Time Attack car all over the place and getting back into the Cossie makes me smile, even my mate who is using the cossie while I have the Skyline is starting to enjoy driving it You can drive it and get out of it at the end of a long journey and not feel like you've been anywhere, I guess they were built as fast executive cars

I love them and drive lots of different cars but I can't let it go because of how nice they are to drive and how raw they are I know why Pete keeps coming back I've tried selling mine twice now and both times on test drive I've realised why I have it

Paul,

I personally think a Stage 3 cossies is the PERFECT road car setup, a T34.48 is it for me, ok you can squeeze a few more ponnies form the .55/.63 housing, but i just love the feel/punch that this setup delivers, loved it on my old 3dr AND IF i do mod my current 3dr it,ll be to this stage of tune with a NMS live map.....
Old 25-06-2009, 01:21 PM
orion88
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so is it the fact that snobery is why u think the bmw is better?u think that the 90s tin can cannot be better because its older and costs less?

i love cossys and i am yet to see a newer beemer that even holds a cheap paper hotel match to it looks wise
it may have better suspension and is more reliable but how many yuppies do you see driving a cossy?

can u seriously see them at the side of the road bonnet up wrecking theyre designer suits with a bit of oil

hahaha no more likely to pull golf clubs out the boot and go tee of with the other up theyre own arse beemer drivers

obviously im stereotyping here however im still to see a beemer driver who dont drive like hes racing schumaker on a 30 road

cossys ftw

this is a ford site beemers may have reliabilty

but they will never have our freeeeeedommmmmmmmm
(of speech)
Old 25-06-2009, 01:31 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

If you give me one aspect of an M5 that is better, and i mean regarding nostalgia that isnt based on opinion or quality or whatever, then ill change my mind.

See what i mean now, you can pick and choose your words all you like mate. No one is saying anything about the build quality. And as said before, its the fact a cossie is not as refined to drive that makes it appealing and fun to drive.
Ok, ill talk about my car as i obviously know it....its done 95k by the way.

Bodywork - stiff, good quality metal, excellent paint.
Interior - leather is mint, even after 95k...cossie leather would be fooked.
Engine - uses the correct amount of oil, absolutely no smoke, a cossie will be looking at a rebuild at this mileage
Wheels/Tyres - 275/35/18's as standard means grip and control
Suspension - just about right balance, cossie is a nice ride but design is shoddy unless changing to a rose jointed beam
Exhaust - proper job from the factory, long lasting and not restrictive

I could go on and on but it is pointless....im fighting a losing battle here!

I fully understand why people want cossies, i had 3 and loved them to bits...but i just cant see how anyone thinks they are the better car. oh well.
Old 25-06-2009, 01:32 PM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

You werent driving it quickly then! How on earth can a 450hp car not be fun!?
Because its not always about outright power thats why. Yes it will be fast, but that alone doesnt make a car 'good'

Much like the steroid filled guys from the gym. Being big doesnt make them anything else apart from big. Some people like that, some dont.

Variety is the spice of life as they say

but im not having a 90's fuckin Ford being better than it!

(joking btw)

Quick Reply: Cossie Vs M5!