General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

you can't get thicker....

Search this Thread

Old 20-06-2009, 07:25 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default you can't get thicker....

than a kwik fit fitter, and ehre's another reason:

had to go to work this morning and, as i normnally do, i have a little nosey around to see what's what in the place while i've been off

other than a few issues, the one major thing i found was a van that had a flat rear tyre and 2 bald front ones, so off i went to kwik fit to get them sorted

on the way there, it's about a half a mile trip, i noticed that there was a lot of play in the stering wheel and it was about 20 degree's out of true in the straight ahead position, so i mentioned it to the guy there

"it may be the tyres are so worn that it's giving the impression that the tyres are worn"

"but when you move the steering wheel, the tyres don't move?"

"we'll change the tyres and then see what happens"

3 new tyres later, the play is still there

"the play is still there in the steering"

"it's supposed to be there mate, otherwise you'd feel every bump in the road"

"you sure about that?"

"yeah, they are designed like that"

"strange, how come the other vans we've got don't have a mm of play in them? nor do any of my cars i've ever owned?"

"you'd better get your vans here to have them looked at then as they should all have about an inch of play in the steering"

after standing there thinking "should i waste any more of my time arguing with this retard" i got in the van and drove off thinking "you dumb fuck, no wonder you're working at kwik fit at 60 years old"

so it's going to ford on omnday who will probably blame it on there being a fridge unit fitted to the van, like they did last time the aux idler pulley broke
Old 20-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I despise Kwik Fit. I am barred from all the local ones and have to travel to Runcorn.

Benni.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:20 PM
dojj

unfortunatly our fleet contract for tyres is with them, when the last manager left about 6 months ago it's turned to shit as they've recruited absolute montards to replace the whole staff
Old 20-06-2009, 10:31 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

took an xr3i to KF years ago for a brake pipe, after an hour inspection they said "it 350 quids worth of work, how you you like to pay"

WTF it had just rolled out of the mot station needing a small brake pipe replacing. I got it dropped of the ramp and drove off quickly, bought the brake pipe for a fiver and got it fitted by a mate, job done.

Then, just recently picked up a saxo vtr, just had new front discs and pads from KF by the previous owner, but had really really bad brake judder.

Took it to my mechanic who said yes it seemed like front discs but being so new was odd. Got him to fit new discs and pads and suprise suprise, drove perfectly - KF had charged an arm and a leg aswell.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:41 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

when my wife goes in with her company car they always try and connect to her bluetooth,she calls them grease monkeys as they are always hanging around.i used to take my car to kf for its mots,my kf was the exception,the manager was from glasgow anda friend of mine and the mot tester was 1st class,his motto 'if its not there i cant fail it',he got caught out with a fellow employee,he mot'ed his rst,it had a really rotten xmember which he promised to change after the mot as he didnt have time to do it as he only realised the mot was out.a week later he left kf,sold thge car and the next thing the ministry are at kf.the manager and tester were sacked and that branch lost their mot/money printing licence.shame as its always somebody who ruins it for everybody else.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj

so it's going to ford on omnday who will probably blame it on there being a fridge unit fitted to the van, like they did last time the aux idler pulley broke
im dealing with a warranty claim at the moment with a engineers report from ford blaming the spark plugs we supplyed caused 300 quid plus vat worth of damage,,, the spark plugs are ment to have caused the coil pack on a mk1 focus to fail,...... ignore the fact its a comon fault on the focus,,,,,,, or that the correct plugs where supplied aswell,,,, 300 quid for a fucking coil pack and labour !!!!
Old 20-06-2009, 11:00 PM
dojj

they've said that due to the van having a fridge unit fitted (even though the pump is in the same location as the ford air con pump would be) it's something that might have caused the problem so it's not covered