General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Transformers - Revenge Of The Fallen

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
gosh! the things you learn on the internet eh, it shuld be complusory for schools nowadays
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919798/

Fuck me, how many films/tv things has he done!!!

UK Marvel comics BTW.

And yeah, agree kind of some of the down points, like the too fast camera stuff, and the "death" bit. Could have just been unconscious, would have made it more realistic. Still a cool film. Looking forward to it on DVD.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Mk1 Mex
Series One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw it last nite fookin awesome..

Helps that Megan Fox is fit, but to be honest the film would have been the muts nuts without her..
Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by smudge_lad
I thought it was a shit film

The robots and megan were ace to watch, but I seriously hated the storyline, and hated a lot of the humour they tried to pull off.

First thing I hated was the hot chick who turned out to be a robot - now I don't know a lot about the comics/history etc, when I was younger I was just a massive fan of the cartoons - but to me, that was too far fetched (yeah, I know, we're talking about giant robots that turn into vehicles, which in terms of reality, is far fetched in itself) If they are so advanced that they can turn into realistic looking and acting human beings, whats the point of being a 100ft tall robot that will stick out like a sore thumb? Don't get it

Another thing - the taser guns. They all zapped the security gaurds in the arm or chest and they were knocked the fuck out, but when the young guy got zapped in the neck, he was out the car and running about a couple of mins later. Aye, I know it may have been a lesser voltage or whatever, but still, come on??

Sam dying, then being met by all the Primes and coming back to life - what a lot of shite!

And lastly, I thought the name of the film was really cool when I thought "...The Fallen" referred to Megatron, kind of like a fallen warrior, and he was gonna come back in this one and kick ass. When I found out it was actually the name of a robot that got fucked over thousands of years ago, to say I cringed is an understatement.

As I say, I don't know anything about the history or comics etc, so I'm sure Dojj, you would have been cool with all that went on and didnt bat an eyelid, but it ruined it for me.

Mint bird, mint cars, mint action sequences, poor storyline.
when a tf's "spark" is put out, they die
originally only primus could give you a new spark
then it was the foundrey at vecta sigma that could infuse new life into a tf
then they later added the quitessons to the mix to be able to infuse life into the tf's as they were the original creators

the creation matrix is the collection of all knowledge from the past leaders of the autobots, passed from one elader to the next, and it keeps a part of the old leader in it, think harry potter and the head masters of hogwarts, and it is supposed to "light their darkest hour" when "all are one" with the matrix at the end of time

the fallen "should" have been unicron IF it was galvatron and rodimus prime doing the battling, but i assumed it was going to be jetfire as HE was the one who got lost over the south pole rather than magatron all those years ago

so there is the short history lesson for those who were confused and how it "should" have gone down

the bit about the girl being perfect, bumblee bee should have spotted it when she got into the car, but on the plus side, you got to see her nice pert buttocks

the tazer bit was a little bit outside the realms of reality, but in that short time frame he got zapped a few times in the nuts too

the whole primes being there was more symbolic than anything else, the leaders don't "die" they just get absorbed by the creation matrix so that bit runs true to the storylines all the way through

and the last bit, i thought it was a bit too similar to star wars and palpatine and vader
Old 03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
jaimesdna
Advanced PassionFord User

i've got tickets to go see it (again) at the london imax next week. cant wait
Old 03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
p17fld
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw it tonight and it was fantastic. The characters are a bit disney like but it really didnt matter. really very, very impressed with it.

Oh and our Meg looked alright too
Old 03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
simon170
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by jaimesdna
i've got tickets to go see it (again) at the london imax next week. cant wait

Ditto!!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by smudge_lad
I thought it was a shit film

The robots and megan were ace to watch, but I seriously hated the storyline, and hated a lot of the humour they tried to pull off.

First thing I hated was the hot chick who turned out to be a robot - now I don't know a lot about the comics/history etc, when I was younger I was just a massive fan of the cartoons - but to me, that was too far fetched (yeah, I know, we're talking about giant robots that turn into vehicles, which in terms of reality, is far fetched in itself) If they are so advanced that they can turn into realistic looking and acting human beings, whats the point of being a 100ft tall robot that will stick out like a sore thumb? Don't get it

Another thing - the taser guns. They all zapped the security gaurds in the arm or chest and they were knocked the fuck out, but when the young guy got zapped in the neck, he was out the car and running about a couple of mins later. Aye, I know it may have been a lesser voltage or whatever, but still, come on??

Sam dying, then being met by all the Primes and coming back to life - what a lot of shite!

And lastly, I thought the name of the film was really cool when I thought "...The Fallen" referred to Megatron, kind of like a fallen warrior, and he was gonna come back in this one and kick ass. When I found out it was actually the name of a robot that got fucked over thousands of years ago, to say I cringed is an understatement.

As I say, I don't know anything about the history or comics etc, so I'm sure Dojj, you would have been cool with all that went on and didnt bat an eyelid, but it ruined it for me.

Mint bird, mint cars, mint action sequences, poor storyline.
so true! can't see what all the people on this thread are loving about it, storyline was dull, and just action scene after action scene with annoying "transformer" whirs all the time.
Also seemed to want to be Terminator in places (gorgeous bird turns out to be robot), a comedy in others (failing badly) and so on....

not for me at all, if it wasnt for megan i woulda left early!