General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Tevez...

Search this Thread

Old 15-06-2009, 08:16 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tevez...

SSN: carlos tevez will undergo talks with man utd, man city, liverpool and chelsea and 1 italian and spanish club tomorrow

manchester city are the bookmakers favourite at 1/3

so which fans actually want him the most???
Old 15-06-2009, 08:24 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd take him, but i'd want to know how much of our budget his signing is gonna take up! If its Tevez and no other important signings then i'd have to decline!

Liverpool fan by the way.
Old 15-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As a Man Utd supporter, i'd love him to stay. That said, if its going to cost £28/£30m for that to happen, I don't think its worth it.

Good player though, no doubt about it.
Old 15-06-2009, 09:16 AM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Always said we should keep him. We'll need him more this season now Ronaldo has gone.I think Rooney will spend more time out on the left/right. Our midfield looks a little light weight. Giggs/Scholes can only play certain games, Nani/Anderson still need to step up a gear( or 2 in Nani's case). Touch wood Hargreves will be fit this season to partner Carrick in the centre. Not to sure who Fergie will play on the other wing if he plays 4-4-2.
Old 15-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pcressie
Always said we should keep him. We'll need him more this season now Ronaldo has gone.I think Rooney will spend more time out on the left/right. Our midfield looks a little light weight. Giggs/Scholes can only play certain games, Nani/Anderson still need to step up a gear( or 2 in Nani's case). Touch wood Hargreves will be fit this season to partner Carrick in the centre. Not to sure who Fergie will play on the other wing if he plays 4-4-2.

My fingers are crossed that Fletch plays a big part next season. He's reliable as hell, no mistakes. The benefit of no Ronaldo is that hopefully Rooney will get to play through the middle where he is best imo.

I'm confident Fergie has a plan if/when Ronaldo goes. Utd have lost huge players before - Cantona, Kanchelskis, Ruud etc and always bounced back just as good a team the following season.
Old 15-06-2009, 10:01 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it would be a mistake if Man Utd let Tevez go, but, Fergie isn't an idiot, he will compensate for the departure of Ronaldo, and if Tevez goes I'm sure he'll get another striker in, maybe 2 to compensate for Berbatov
Old 15-06-2009, 10:34 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I think Fergie needs to do more this season than in previous seasons to be fair,
Ronaldo is a simply huge loss, as much as i hate him...he has almost single handedly gained points for Utd in the past two seasons. (the goals against the likes of Stoke, Villa and Porto cam from nowhere when it looked like Utd wouldnt win).
Also Van De Sar, Scholes, Giggs, Neville all look a bit too old to be relied on IMO ( Foster looks a good replacement for VDS though.)
Anderson isnt great, Nani is hit and miss and Berbatov could go either way. So i defo think he has a lot to do, but no doubt he will pull a few names out the hat (money talks!)

Trending Topics

Old 15-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis
I think Fergie needs to do more this season than in previous seasons to be fair,
Ronaldo is a simply huge loss, as much as i hate him...he has almost single handedly gained points for Utd in the past two seasons. (the goals against the likes of Stoke, Villa and Porto cam from nowhere when it looked like Utd wouldnt win).
Also Van De Sar, Scholes, Giggs, Neville all look a bit too old to be relied on IMO ( Foster looks a good replacement for VDS though.)
Anderson isnt great, Nani is hit and miss and Berbatov could go either way. So i defo think he has a lot to do, but no doubt he will pull a few names out the hat (money talks!)
For once i do agree. Scholes has had his day, surprised he hasn't announced retirement to be honest.

Nani needs to get better, far too greedy/can't see a pass. Anderson will play more this season i think, which will be good for him as he's almost there imo.

We have Macheda though, so all will be fine. 40 goal a season man right there. ()
Old 15-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id love to see him at liverpool, he is the type of player we need, but unfortunatly we dont have the money to sign him, and rafa likes to play one up front so i dont see where he would fit into the team either, so i would be very surprised if he came to liverpool.
Old 15-06-2009, 11:27 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
Id love to see him at liverpool, he is the type of player we need, but unfortunatly we dont have the money to sign him, and rafa likes to play one up front so i dont see where he would fit into the team either, so i would be very surprised if he came to liverpool.
The very fact that we are talking to his people suggests we DO have the money.
If we didnt have it im sure we wouldnt waste our/their time in talking about it

Im just not sure what will be available after that!
Old 15-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

The very fact that we are talking to his people suggests we DO have the money.
If we didnt have it im sure we wouldnt waste our/their time in talking about it

Im just not sure what will be available after that!
Which is exactly my point, i dont think we have the money to sign him, imo it would blow our budget. we sold keano in january for £12m and bought no one, so you would hope that money is still there, plus whatever money they have given rafa for the summer, which if the storys are to believed, isnt a lot, rafa himself even said last week he has a budget to sign the one or two players he thinks we need which doesnt exactly point to the fact the coffers are full. i cant see him breaking the bank for tevez as we play one up front, and rafa isnt going to change his formation to accommodate tevez. add to the fact the three other english clubs he is apparently talking to can splash as much cash as they want, united have the ronaldo money plus fergies original transfer budget, abramovic bankrolls chelsea, and man city have the arab money, so all three of them could afford to pay a bigger transfer fee and offer him higher wages, so liverpool would be the last club he is talking to who he would sign for imo
Old 15-06-2009, 12:07 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

If he is out to earn as much as he can, then he will go to City.
I really cant see him staying with Utd.

Could go any way at the moment though. As for the money we have, nobody really knows our true budget, which is a good thing IMO. The reports we had last week about the interest payments wouldnt have been unexpected to Rafa and the owners, so it wouldnt have changed the plans one little bit.
I expect we will spend around £45m and sell players to the value of about £15m. Not in Chelsea/Utd/City league, but enough to improve us i'd say.
Old 15-06-2009, 12:18 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bit off topic, but what is the situation with the yank owners, and what will happen if they dont get the money by the deadline date?
Old 15-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Martin, i hope your rite, if we have £45m-£60m to spend, ill be over the moon because i dont expect it to be anywhere near that. i do beleive we could make a decent amount of money from selling players like babel, lucas, dossena, voronin etc. the one player we have been linked with, who i would be very happy to sign is glen johnson, i really like him and think he exactally what we need. the reports last week about the financial situation dont fill me with confidence, but i agree, im sure they had decided on a budget before the figures came out, and imo, we dont really need to go out and sign six or seven players, what we need is two or three quality players.
Old 15-06-2009, 12:34 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by AquariousRS
Bit off topic, but what is the situation with the yank owners, and what will happen if they dont get the money by the deadline date?
I dont know the exact situation to be honest, but by all accounts it seems that they have asked the banks for a load of cash.
They have obviously had to prove that the club can repay this loan over a certain period, and it's up to the banks to decide if it's a good idea or not.

There is a whole lot more to it than that though!
Old 15-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

do beleive we could make a decent amount of money from selling players like babel, lucas, dossena, voronin etc.
Better not sell dossena, I really like his style of play and he's done us good in the games he played in last season.

Voronin I never rated anyway, so get him sold

I hope Tevez goes to City and we sign Robben (if he can stop getting injured that is) but not at the expense of Alonso.
Old 15-06-2009, 05:16 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Originally Posted by Punkie
Better not sell dossena,.
Think it's almost certain that he will be gone
Old 15-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Would love to see the ugly runt Tevez at City, I think with a run of games he will notch 15+ a season, my only problem is he is to much in the mould of Bellemy, apart from the injuries that is.
I cant see him at Chelsea, his style wouldnt fit I dont think.

Fergie has a big job on this summer, The Winker's a gonner, reports of Neville and Scholes going out on loan, Anderson and Nani aint that great IMO, But i have no doubt he will find some amazing bargain from a spurious league somewhere,
We could do em a deal on Danny Mills
Old 15-06-2009, 08:02 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by danneth
so which fans actually want him the most???

Not me. Great player but £25.5m needed is too much for a player who will play second fiddle to Rooney and Berba + whoever, even in silly market era. (but his family like Manchester).

Originally Posted by Coldo
As a Man Utd supporter, i'd love him to stay. That said, if its going to cost £28/£30m for that to happen, I don't think its worth it.

Good player though, no doubt about it.
£25.5m

Anderson is awesome, my second fav player way better than that Lucas shit you got who was meant to be "top player in Brazil". Nani has shown what he 'can' do but lost out to Park this season and affected his momentum/forum. We saw with Tevez how a few bench games/missing big matches made him moan about it when he actually played more than games Berba.

What about all your dead wood? Aurellio, Voronin, NGog, Lucas, Ryan Babbel, Insua, Rierra, Dossena, El Zahar. Sure Fat waiter will clear some out but replace them with more of the same. Yossi's end season form doesn't convince either. Keane flopped too.

If he is out to earn as much as he can, then he will go to City.
I really cant see him staying with Utd.

Could go any way at the moment though. As for the money we have, nobody really knows our true budget, which is a good thing IMO. The reports we had last week about the interest payments wouldnt have been unexpected to Rafa and the owners, so it wouldnt have changed the plans one little bit.
I expect we will spend around £45m and sell players to the value of about £15m. Not in Chelsea/Utd/City league, but enough to improve us i'd say.
Spend £45m with potential of £60m? HA HA HA HA BWAH HA HA

I dont know the exact situation to be honest, but by all accounts it seems that they have asked the banks for a load of cash.
They have obviously had to prove that the club can repay this loan over a certain period, and it's up to the banks to decide if it's a good idea or not.

New stadium S T A R T S in 2012 doesn't it?

Originally Posted by Big G
Fergie has a big job on this summer, The Winker's a gonner, reports of Neville and Scholes going out on loan, Anderson and Nani aint that great IMO,

Yes that's right, just like the Sun tells everyone to think, a squad who won 4 trophies + a final is doomed because one player is being sold! Scholes and Neville didn't play, neither did Nani much.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
Yes that's right, just like the Sun tells everyone to think, a squad who won 4 trophies + a final is doomed because one player is being sold! Scholes and Neville didn't play, neither did Nani much.
I dont read any redtops
Neither did I say you were doomed
The players who go/are going still need replacing, no matter how much or little they played (apart from Mongface Neville) they still came in and did a job, still part of a squad that kept other players on their toes.

Macheda hardly played, didnt play enough to get a Prem medal, but still did enough to save you a few points.

Remove yer blinkers Son, you wont look as much of a cunt then
Old 15-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Skeg since you paid £18m for anderson, he's made 41 league appearances in two seasons, thats appearances, not starts, and is yet to score, im surprised you have seen enough of him for him to be your second favorite player tbh, and yes mate lucas is awful, i agree, but he's £6m awful, not £18m awful.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:57 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Skeg since you paid £18m for anderson, he's made 41 league appearances in two seasons, thats appearances, not starts, and is yet to score, im surprised you have seen enough of him for him to be your second favorite player tbh, and yes mate lucas is awful, i agree, but he's £6m awful, not £18m awful.

75 appearances in 2 years is more than enough mate and that's with Fergie holding him back because of his energy/strength qualities. Would be good to see him get even more starts but in his more natural AM role like FC Porto.

Good strength, passing, control, can go past people and on his day can match Gerrard and Francesc. Like Nani and Babbel you can see the quality in terms of technique just needs honing. Bit like Ronaldo when he first came, difference is we had to play him as we didn't have anyone else, not the case now the squad is huge. Needs to sort his banana shot out though.

Last edited by skeg; 15-06-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 16-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am suddenly unable to take United seriously anymore

Old 16-06-2009, 07:45 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good find. What the hell is he thinking?