General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Buying an FRS...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Paget
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an FRS...

sorry if this has been asked loads of times before, forgive me im new to the site. I currently drive a mk5 fiesta zs which hasan frp lump in it at the moment. however im now 20 and bored of the power so am looking into getting an FRS in the next month or so.

Im hoping to buy one with around 40k on the clock. is there anything in specific that should have been done by this point during servicing? Ive read a load of posts both on here and ffoc, (trying to join rsoc still ) ive seen that i need to check the basics like tyre tred, the discs and pads, clutch, knocks and bangs etc, make sure the back wheels arent in the shape of a 50p. the steering wheel isnt faded etc.

Anyone got anything else for me to look for? Id also like some reviews of jct28 as ive heard mixed ones already.

Regards
Paget
Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one, tbh i cant be arsed posting too much as i've done it all before.

What is your budget? Plenty good cars out there for 10k or less. I paid a LOT less for mine!

Cam belt change is always handy but ford recommend 100k so could be left if you're feeling brave!

Listen for leaks coming on boost...i recently had a breather hose fucked. Very common now at this age. Behing inlet the hose has a white plastic valve in it. Hand down the back and feel the hose coming out the engine side and it splits on the bend.

Check for smoke on over run etc. My turbo just shat itself but has been runnin dream science with more boost for a while and car done 62k.

Not sure what else to suggest. PLENTY for sale so if in doubt walk away or bargain!

Junction 28 always get a bad rep but they seem to sell a LOT of frs's. Usually got loads in stock too. They cant ALL be bad!

Good luck. If you have any specific Q's just ask.

chop