General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Employment people - resignation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Employment people - resignation?

Simple one for someone i'm sure however i've never experienced it so need a pointer if possible.

In a sales role, I have attained work for the company that I am currently employed by that has not yet been carried out and/or paid for by the customer but has been confirmed in writing.

Also, in the past, I have gained and the business has carried out work for non-paying customers.

When handing my notice in, do i relinquish the commission on all of the above jobs or am I within my rights to total it up and request it in my last wage packet - as my efforts directly resulted in the business gained for the company?

Thanks folks.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Each company will have their own rules but I'd expect that commission that would be paid out to you if you weren't leaving would be paid to you on the same schedule right up to the date you leave. Anything that would be due to get paid after your date of leaving would be forfeited.

But, as the saying goes, you get what you negotiate...