General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

just checked credit report..question inside

Search this Thread

Old 27-05-2009, 10:00 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default just checked credit report..question inside

just checked my credit report and it is saying i have a default with the aa for £189i had a loan with them years and years ago and im sure i paid it off.well i phoned them up and they said it will need to go on to a debt company.but this was a year and a half ago its saying its defaulted and nobody has contacted me???how the hell do i pay this and get it off my history?
Old 27-05-2009, 10:21 AM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to have been sent a default notice for one to be registered against you. if you pay the arrears within 7 days of the notice being served then no default is registered, so if no notice is sent you are not given that opportunity.

write to the AA and experian/whoever and explain the situation.

Chris
Old 27-05-2009, 10:35 AM
vroomtshh

If its Experian, they have a form you fill out to have it removed. You'll need any statements, final letters etc.

I had this when I went for my mortgage. Vodafone said I had defaulted, owing them £0.00

Sent me loads of letters and I ignored it as being idiotic. Then when I came to get my mortgage, the first place turned me down. They dont see an amount, just that you;ve defaulted.
Old 27-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Rob..
J496AEV R.I.P

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
If its Experian, they have a form you fill out to have it removed. You'll need any statements, final letters etc.

I had this when I went for my mortgage. Vodafone said I had defaulted, owing them £0.00

Sent me loads of letters and I ignored it as being idiotic. Then when I came to get my mortgage, the first place turned me down. They dont see an amount, just that you;ve defaulted.

Thats crazy
Old 27-05-2009, 10:40 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive had all this with british gas, when we moved to our last house 3 years ago, they sent my final bill (all of £48) to the house i had MOVED from twats..

then 3 years on they add a default for not paying, when i never got any bills as for the past 3 years they had been sending my FINAL MOVING BILL to my OLD address..

they couldnt apologise enough and said it would be removed that was 12 months ago and its still on there... it didnt effect me getting our mortgage last year tho, but tyhe fact that its still there when ive paid it,, grips my shit a little
Old 27-05-2009, 10:47 AM
vroomtshh

Originally Posted by SassyRS
ive had all this with british gas, when we moved to our last house 3 years ago, they sent my final bill (all of £48) to the house i had MOVED from twats..

then 3 years on they add a default for not paying, when i never got any bills as for the past 3 years they had been sending my FINAL MOVING BILL to my OLD address..

they couldnt apologise enough and said it would be removed that was 12 months ago and its still on there... it didnt effect me getting our mortgage last year tho, but tyhe fact that its still there when ive paid it,, grips my shit a little
Yeh mine was still on there, as it cant be fully removed??? but it had an explanation with it that anyone looking would see. So I;m told
Old 27-05-2009, 11:10 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

yeh they said its removed after 6 yearsi just want to pay it and for it to atleast say that.i got my mortgage etc fine before this was on but its affecting me with some other stuff now.