General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

MP expenses.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP expenses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8039273.stm

Just been watching the details on the news, am I the only person who totally and utter enraged by this. I can't believe the audacity these people have, fleecing the tax payer to line their own pockets!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Im not surprised anymore to be honest.

Just about sums up what most of us already know!! This country is corrupt and full of benefit scroungers all the way from the bottom of poverty right up to our top leaders.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
.Ross.
Advanced PassionFord User

Old news ... The BNP exposed this over a year ago ..

Shocking really but totally with-in the rule's ..

The Husband and Wife MP's are claiming a mint ..
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im glad im paying for there dog food etc, seems worth it as there doing such a great job
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a fucking joke.

I hate politicians. They are all high and mighty, claiming they want the best for the country yet they are bleeding it dry with insane tax levels and now this. Fucking scumbags.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

This country is going down the pan and we are taxed to the hilt, and they are claiming everything they get on expenses. What do they spend their wages on as it seems they get expenses for all the things you would spend wages on. It total enrages me as talk about taxes going up to help the country, bla bla bla. The MP`s should be stripped of expenses and that would help the country alot. They get well paid enough and the rest of us get on ok without ridiculous expenses. Rant over.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark-Horse
Old news ... The BNP exposed this over a year ago ..

Shocking really but totally with-in the rule's ..

The Husband and Wife MP's are claiming a mint ..

its only totaly within the rules cos they make the rules!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by mackers
This country is going down the pan and we are taxed to the hilt, and they are claiming everything they get on expenses. What do they spend their wages on as it seems they get expenses for all the things you would spend wages on. It total enrages me as talk about taxes going up to help the country, bla bla bla. The MP`s should be stripped of expenses and that would help the country alot. They get well paid enough and the rest of us get on ok without ridiculous expenses. Rant over.

Agreed, I can maybe understand the whole second home thing, but only if they have one home which everything is paid for by themselves and where it would be very very difficult to travel into london within say 2 hours.

Having their second home in london about 5min walk from their first london home is a joke.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If anyone else in this country with a regular job had tried to claim anything like what they have they would have been dismissed instantly.
Other than sheer arrogance what on earth do they think they are playing at. They should be ashamed but really their laughing at us. They get the country into a mountain of shit and it doesnt matter one bit to them as they dont have to live in the real world. No words describe their utter incompetence and unsuitableness for ther jobs. Like having a blind person doing visual checks!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Gets my back up, very vague lax rules that 90% have been taking advantage of and fleecing abd that they govern themselves.

And because they are all at it, knowone says anything and they keep oiling each other up like fat pigs!

What gets me more is now that they are exposed, hafl of them are defiant they are all above board and entitled to it, and the others are making out like it was their idea to make changes!!

NOOOOOO, you got caught and now you are having to change things (which will be turned into another way to fleece the same cash) , don't expect a pat on the back for putting your hands up, you caught bang to rights.

Plus they have the cheek to moan about the fact it was leaked -WTF!!!

This country needs a BIG shake up, just a pitty there is knowone who I can see doing the job.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My great idea is National Service as a politician. Names at random, to serve a five-year term, with one fifth stepping down and being replaced each year. No more political parties, just 600 or so normal folk all trying to do the best they can for the country.

Convicted criminals will be ineligible, but everyone else gets a chance at 5 years solid income and some new opportunities to put on the CV.

On the second home thing, it kind of backs up my long-held belief that politicians should live in the constituency they are supposed to represent. How can someone represent some of the shit-hole constituencies in this country while living somewhere that could be a world away?

Their family home should be where the family is based, and they pay ALL their own bills for that property, just like the rest of us.

Then, if their constituency is genuinely too far away from Westminster to commute, they can live in a Government funded one-bedroom flat or a Travel Inn.

Not having any of this shit about them only getting to rent, because you KNOW they will get their wife to buy the flat and then rent it to the country. No profit opportunity for them, and the same tax rules will apply to the living expenses as any "normal" person required to work away from home with expenses paid by the employer.

Last edited by Iain Mac; 11-05-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Before these mother fuckers are put in place they should have to sit a polygraph. then sit another on a yearly basis. the rules should be tightend and people found to be guilty should be kicked out and jailed for fraud or whatever...

I am aware the BNP made this public, however, unfortunately because of their rep, most of what they do is ignored by the other papers who favour other parties.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

I agree, it's absolutely disgusting. It's nice to know that I am about to move in with my girlfriend and will struggle somewhat, in no small part thanks to the amount of money I have to pay to fund these peoples' lifestyles
Old 12-05-2009, 09:39 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

theres one quote that gets me

Originally Posted by toffy nosed twat
The former foreign secretary said: "Grace and favour homes are not rent free, we are taxed on them as a benefit in kind."
So are company (or should they now be known as "grace and favor" cars?) love... taxed to the hilt, so get over it or commute to work...

Last edited by nilrem; 12-05-2009 at 09:42 AM.