General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Online Day Trading

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Day Trading

Is there any body on here that does this, l have been looking at T D Waterhouse website, it looks pretty good but does anybody have other experiences ?

Any pros cons to this or advise?

Mike
Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Yes.

I work for a company (market maker) that provides this service, and I do it myself.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:24 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Is this company a good one Rich?

Mike
Old 08-05-2009, 12:03 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Well of course!

Depends what you want out of a day trading service.

The easiest way to day trade equities, Indicies, and FX is to spread bet.

Several very reputable companies offer this service, and allow you access to instant markets at only the cost of the spread (difference between bid and offer price).

It's by far and away the easiest way to trade intra-day, as doing that with a traditional stockbroker in actual equities would mean you'd probably be running a loss with the charges

Spread bets also offer you the opportunity to trade on margin - you only need a percentage of your capital to put down on the trade. The leverage this offers is unparalleled, but it also means that you can "lose" at the same ratio at which you can "win".

Although more risky, it's the only real way of making any kind of money out of day trading equities/indicies with small capital/small volume.

Other alternatives are more long term. Derivatives such as CFDs, futures, options favour the slightly longer term investor.

Be very careful with this. The people who make real money doing this are incredibly disciplined, and research their markets full time. If you're just going to punt a stock or index, then get your stops in place so you don't lose your shirt in 30 seconds.

Any other info I can help you with, let me know.....