General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Pectel-problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:36 AM
olek
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pectel-problem!!

hello,

i have a 2wd sapp running on pectel t2, and my ecu is at julian godfreys in england and my first event is next sunday...

i have been lucky enough to borrow another t2-ecu, but this has version 1.15 in it, and my box/map is on version 1.17.

because of the diffrent versions i cant load my 1.17-map into the 1.15-ecu, only gets an error when i try.

does anyone have and tricks here, or do i need to type in all the numbers and setting from my map to the 1.15-ecu?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 AM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its maybe like t6 and t6 2000 you can't load them onto each other but there is a way of installing them bit by bit manually
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Martin Hadland
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by olek
hello,

i have a 2wd sapp running on pectel t2, and my ecu is at julian godfreys in england and my first event is next sunday...

i have been lucky enough to borrow another t2-ecu, but this has version 1.15 in it, and my box/map is on version 1.17.

because of the diffrent versions i cant load my 1.17-map into the 1.15-ecu, only gets an error when i try.

does anyone have and tricks here, or do i need to type in all the numbers and setting from my map to the 1.15-ecu?
Cant you use the paste buffer function ??
Old 04-05-2009, 11:39 AM
olek

i've tried using the "load paste buffer" function, but the values on the inital v1.15-map doesn't change.

but i will try to erase the map on the v1.15 tonight and do the paste buffer function then. maybe this will help?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

make sure all the break points are the same on the map and you might be able to paste them all in
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM
totalbhp
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default T2

You can use map trans program its much quicker and safer than trying to copy and paste every bit

hello,

Old 04-05-2009, 01:34 PM
olek

totalbhp: where can i get that program? seems to be what i need really. is it something that lies in the descprow software?

thanks for all the advice, guys, really appreciate it!!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
olek

well, back from the workshop now.

i've managed to get the Load Paste Buffer working (didn't know that i needed to press P to insert the values, lol)

but it seems that the values on the 1.15 is in Fahrenheit and PSI, and my 1.17 is in Celcius and Bar!

so the car starts, but only runs in a second or two.

is there any easy way to change this setup, or do i need to change everything manually?

on the File-menu i have a tag thats called Software Configuration (?), but its blanked out, and i can't press it...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Martin Hadland
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well, back from the workshop now.

i've managed to get the Load Paste Buffer working (didn't know that i needed to press P to insert the values, lol)

but it seems that the values on the 1.15 is in Fahrenheit and PSI, and my 1.17 is in Celcius and Bar!

so the car starts, but only runs in a second or two.

is there any easy way to change this setup, or do i need to change everything manually?

on the File-menu i have a tag thats called Software Configuration (?), but its blanked out, and i can't press it...
As far as I'm aware different profiles change between metric and imperial values, I have had that problem on T6. Why don't you simply get JG to send over your ECU?

I will take a look at my profiles to see if I have anything suitable. I hate workinging in DegF & psi!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM
olek

well, i have been trying to get JG to send it to me for the last two weeks...always excuses about pectel themselves beiing to slow etc etc. tried calling them all day today, but they wont even answer the phone!! what kind of customer service is that??

as it would take some days to ship the ecu over to norway, i have borrowed this v.1.15-ecu and will try this, as i REALLY want to drive the car on a trackday @ rudskogen next sunday.

but i will have a second look on my maps now, might have missed something.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 PM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

well, i have been trying to get JG to send it to me for the last two weeks...always excuses about pectel themselves beiing to slow etc etc. tried calling them all day today, but they wont even answer the phone!! what kind of customer service is that??

as it would take some days to ship the ecu over to norway, i have borrowed this v.1.15-ecu and will try this, as i REALLY want to drive the car on a trackday @ rudskogen next sunday.

me too!! they also sent mine to pectel,, holiday here to day thou
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Martin Hadland
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a bank holiday over here today so no one wants to work. email me the maps if you wish, I will see if I have any better joy than you.

Last edited by Martin Hadland; 04-05-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

its a bank holiday in england today mate
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 AM
olek

lol! i figured it had to be something. but still, an answering-machine would be great...

will email you later this day, Martin. thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM
polly_x

If you ask Pectel nicely and you are lucky they are in a good mood or even answering emails they will convert it for you to run on a different software version. They did mine.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM
olek

well, pectel kinda need the ecu at their place to do that, polly x? or?

as this is a borrowed ecu and only a temporary solution i don't want to do that.

time is also a issue here now....

but thanks.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
ian sibbert
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pectel can transpose the map withou the ECU being present pal, as Stu says you just need someone willing to do it for you....
Old 05-05-2009, 01:03 PM
olek

spoke to julian at JGs now and he will convert the map for me, just emailed him the map.

so hopefully it would work!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Martin Hadland
PassionFord Post Whore!!

spoke to julian at JGs now and he will convert the map for me, just emailed him the map.

so hopefully it would work!
Have you been messing with the V1-15 map? As all the pressure breakpoints are set to 87psi!! I will sort this later tonight for you if you can wait?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
olek

martin: that's what happened when i took the load paste buffer from my original map. wierd hu?

i haven't changed anything manually, just loaded past buffer all over.

if you could fix this it would be great.

Last edited by olek; 05-05-2009 at 07:52 PM.