General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Calling PassionBMW Members!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling PassionBMW Members!

I'm browsing the classifieds at the moment looking at E39 M5's. Being BMWs, most of them obviously have fairly high mileage now(in my price bracket at least - less than £10).

I know BMWs go on forever, but what about M5s? How do they fair after circa 100k miles, being such a high performance car? I've also heard of Vanos issues that can result in huge repair bills?

I wouldn't expect it to be a cheap car to run, but at the same time I don't expect to have to fork out thousands of pounds to sort out a very expensive engine.

All advice/input welcome

Thanks
Alan
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

There are plenty of M5s available for that kind of money , mileage is not that important as long as it has full bmw service history . There are a few threads on here that will tell you about the vanos issue , it is very very expensive to put right so do a search on here for all the info ( i think stu and graceland have posted up some very informative posts).
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Thanks, I'll try the search.