General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
saph cos rob
swindon rsoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what would you do?

as title.....

i sold my bros car to a guy in the force's, he had a look etc etc was happy with it and left me a 10% deposit and said he would arrange the cash together and pick it up asap.....

he text me last night saying he wont be able to collect it for 4 weeks! i text him back saying no way and got no reply, ive tryed ringing him on the number he left and its non-existant and ive tryed ringing him on the number he text me from and no one answers, ive emailed him and no answer....

shall i put it back up for sale?
and further more shall i give him his deposit back!?

the money isnt really the problem its the fact its parked in my street with no tax!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:33 PM
vinnyvangough
Advanced PassionFord User

Put it up for sale again and screw matey.

He could easily get someone else to pick it up for him.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you agree a time scale with him?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Well I'd personally try and text him and leave a voicemail if he doen't answer his phone, (keep his deposit to the side and return it to him when you get a hold of him), and put it back up for sale again. Maybe he's just skint and waiting for money before he can pay in full....
i don't think it's reasonable to expect someone to keep a car for a month, WITHOUT prior arrangement ofcourse. You might be leaving the country next week for all he knows.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
saph cos rob
swindon rsoc

Originally Posted by A J
Did you agree a time scale with him?
thats the thing i didnt, i wrote out a recept and everything for the deposit... but by how interested he sounded i thought it would be like a week or so.... never really had anyone f**k me around this this before lol
Old 01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Keep the deposit and stick it back up for sale, thats what deposits are for....
Old 01-05-2009, 02:41 PM
saph cos rob
swindon rsoc

Originally Posted by rog
Well I'd personally try and text him and leave a voicemail if he doen't answer his phone, (keep his deposit to the side and return it to him when you get a hold of him), and put it back up for sale again. Maybe he's just skint and waiting for money before he can pay in full....
i don't think it's reasonable to expect someone to keep a car for a month, WITHOUT prior arrangement ofcourse. You might be leaving the country next week for all he knows.
yeah thats the thing! the week he 'gets back' i go to turkey for 2 and a half weeks!! my only worry is we just got it mot'd for the buyer now its running out!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
saph cos rob
swindon rsoc

Originally Posted by JoeE30
Keep the deposit and stick it back up for sale, thats what deposits are for....
and thats what everyone has been telling me to do, a month is a pritty long time to wait for a car sale and i did let him have it cheaper as i told him i wanted a quick sale lol
Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Matt_16v
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I'd give it over the long weekend and if you haven't heard anything back from him then go for a beer on his money and put it back up for sale! He can't expect you to hang around that long for the money, thats ridiculous. If he gets in touch after 4 weeks and says 'right, when can i get the car' tell him to fucking poke it! Unless you haven't been able to sell it by then of course, in that case it's happy days!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally i'd text him and leave a voicemail explaining that you can't be around for collection when he is proposing, give him a week to contact you and give you and explaination or to pay and collect. So if its not collected by Saturday xxth i'll have to put it back up for sale and will retain the deposit to cover the cost of re-advertising. And thats being more than fair tbh, who really buys a car knowing they can't collect it for 4 weeks or that they haven't the money? If its something genuine and outside of his control then at least he can contact you and both parties know where they stand.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM
saph cos rob
swindon rsoc

thanks for all the replys ppl, been a great help, least im not the only one that thinks 4 weeks is too long to wait lol..... i personally recon he hasnt got the money and trying to hold me off till next pay day!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Matt_16v
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by saph cos rob
thanks for all the replys ppl, been a great help, least im not the only one that thinks 4 weeks is too long to wait lol..... i personally recon he hasnt got the money and trying to hold me off till next pay day!
Thats exactly what i was thinking too mate!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by saph cos rob

It was our payday yesterday!!

Text him and put it back up for sale.