General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

powder coater f**ckers

Search this Thread

Old 30-04-2009 | 05:47 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Default powder coater f**ckers

took my rocker.header.breather etc to get powder coated.told him to mask the rocker ports off as i dont want any crap in it.ok he says.got everything back.my rocker cover and baileys breather is full of crap.cant put them on the engine incase it goes through the enginebest of it was they had the cheek to say it didnt happen there.i had just picked the fucking things up.
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:20 PM
col cos1
BANNED

fuks sake who was it?
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:22 PM
cameron2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ATTACK!
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:25 PM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Common sense really mate.....name and shame,

my powder coaters even masked the lips, holes and everything on my petrol tank and I did'nt even ask him!
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:26 PM
WongRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mine had a few bits of sand in the rocker cover, a tad hard to avoid when sand blasting i suppose, bit of petrol amd plenty of water and it all came out.
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:35 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by col cos1
fuks sake who was it?
carrick engineering in prestwick.more annoyed at my breather as its ruined and i have to buy another onethe rocker cover wasnt dear.not wanting to put people off going just want people that maybe going to explain even more than i did that you want the rocker port holes masked off properly.
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:37 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by WongRS
mine had a few bits of sand in the rocker cover, a tad hard to avoid when sand blasting i suppose, bit of petrol amd plenty of water and it all came out.
yeh but the rs turbo rocker has a metal plate inside that it is all gathered up in.you cant get in to clean it properly so no way of removing 100% of the stuff.cant take that chance.
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:39 PM
WongRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevenebm
yeh but the rs turbo rocker has a metal plate inside that it is all gathered up in.you cant get in to clean it properly so no way of removing 100% of the stuff.cant take that chance.
Ah, well thats just an arse then
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:40 PM
robj20
Regular Contributor

Why did you pay for it if it was a crap job?
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:40 PM
jp indy3
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

im sorry to hear that mate,curless tw;ts
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:43 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by robj20
Why did you pay for it if it was a crap job?
the finish is spot on.was when i got home and checked it inside the bits you cant see.tried cleaning it out but there no way of gettin it all.its like chunks of grit that is coming out from it.
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:44 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

On the rocker cover, you can bend the metal away that covers the breather port and clean it out that way. Not exactly something you should have to do if they'd done their job right, but if you don't want to scrap it then it's easily to sort
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:46 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by haz87
On the rocker cover, you can bend the metal away that covers the breather port and clean it out that way. Not exactly something you should have to do if they'd done their job right, but if you don't want to scrap it then it's easily to sort
i have tried but its not budgin.i could cut it away with a dremel as im not to sure this is needed and give it a good scrubing.as said it my baileys breather im more annoyed about as i cant obviously get inside it too clean it.
Old 30-04-2009 | 06:54 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Im sure it wll clean mate if your careful my sisters man had the same prob wrecked a rs turbo engine
Old 30-04-2009 | 07:06 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

unless your going to cut the breather part off the rocker dont bother just scrap it mate

i had an engine failure becuase of this, cleaned it everyday for a week stuck it on and 2 days later oil light started flashing up, it got sand in the oil pump and scrapped the entire engine couldnt take the chance of using anything off it

breather will be the same

id go back to them and tell them that you cannot use these and they are scrap and try and get some sort of comepensation for them, stir up a right shit until they give him
Old 30-04-2009 | 07:15 PM
stevenebm
post whore

i have just managed to bend the breather bit back on the rocker cover a bit.its covered.do these need these on here as i can take it to work tonight and remove it and clean it up.we have also got an acid bath that i think i might be able to wash the breather in.hate having to scrap things.
Old 30-04-2009 | 07:19 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

the acid bath would take the powdercoat mate surely

im unsure wether the breather plate is needed or not, i had a burton alloy one and these didnt have them so i carnt see it being any problems removing it
Old 30-04-2009 | 07:27 PM
stevenebm
post whore

yeh i cant see why it would be a problem without.if i can get the breather cleaned out i dont mind taking it else where to get done again.just a kick in the nuts if i need to throw it out.
Old 30-04-2009 | 07:38 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have tried but its not budgin.i could cut it away with a dremel as im not to sure this is needed and give it a good scrubing.as said it my baileys breather im more annoyed about as i cant obviously get inside it too clean it.
Steven, my mate has just got a cam and rocker cover back from Carrick in similar condition - i've not actually seen them, only been told.

Also, didn't a similar problem knacker Paul C's 24k rst engine? sure he'll confirm or tell me i'm talkin mince
Old 30-04-2009 | 07:42 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by Coldo
Steven, my mate has just got a cam and rocker cover back from Carrick in similar condition - i've not actually seen them, only been told.

Also, didn't a similar problem knacker Paul C's 24k rst engine? sure he'll confirm or tell me i'm talkin mince

yeh mate thats why i checked it as i knew it had wrecked pauls engineif my breather doesnt clean up im going back down for my money back atleast.
Old 01-05-2009 | 04:32 PM
WD Pro
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Is it just the powder residue with bits of blast media stuck in it that your are worried about ?

If so powder coat can be stripped 100% clean off with no mechanical damage to the metal underneath.

I know that means starting again but at least the components are saved and can be reused.
Old 01-05-2009 | 04:48 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by WD Pro
Is it just the powder residue with bits of blast media stuck in it that your are worried about ?

If so powder coat can be stripped 100% clean off with no mechanical damage to the metal underneath.

I know that means starting again but at least the components are saved and can be reused.
no mate the rocker cover had bits i couldnt get to clean inside the rocker cover.couldnt take the chance of not getting 100% of the particles out.i did manage to save my breather tho at workoh and if any you powder coaters out there have an rs turbo rocker cover and want to do me it gloss black please pm me
Old 01-05-2009 | 04:58 PM
lewisrst
lewisrst

took my rocker.header.breather etc to get powder coated.told him to mask the rocker ports off as i dont want any crap in it.ok he says.got everything back.my rocker cover and baileys breather is full of crap.cant put them on the engine incase it goes through the enginebest of it was they had the cheek to say it didnt happen there.i had just picked the fucking things up.

just cant get the staff
Old 01-05-2009 | 05:00 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

duno what the rocker cover you have looks like so only advice i can give is what i do

whenever I have inlets or t/b's beed blasted / powder coated I then steam clean them with a hand help steam claener or dish washer lol

then jet wash them out

always worked a treat
Old 01-05-2009 | 05:04 PM
stevenebm
post whore

has anybody saw underneath an rs turbo rocker cover?on the right hand side of the rocker cover there is a breather port.this has not been covered up when blasted and coated.inside the rocker cover at this hole there is a metal plate that you can get above to clean but the oil will go in and drag parts out and wreck the engine as it happened to my mates.couldnt take the chance of wrecking a complete engine etc on that.
Old 02-05-2009 | 07:40 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Originally Posted by Coldo
Aye it happened to my RST. Bastards. Car was mint before that. It fucked the big end bearings/shells when the shot went down with the oil. I ended up removing the engine and selling the car to stevenebm

Stevie, take Yale down to Carrick n let him off his leash
Old 02-05-2009 | 08:16 PM
Zetecfiesta
PassionFord Post Whore!!

take em to acid dipping place, mine was awfuly done when i got my engine, took it too em a week later its completly bare metal no powder coating left!!
Old 02-05-2009 | 08:55 PM
AJ_ERST
Regular Contributor

shame mate they should know better really.

Took my mondeo to ford the other day as my spring had snapped on the shocker... had a quick look after they had fitted the new one and noticed that they hadnt replaced the pinch bolt on the bottom arm, manager there said the chap who fitted it was from peougeot and they were really busy at the minute!!!! so that makes it allright then. its not really that big an issue but you expect these things to be done when you pay for them. told him to give me the bolt and i would do it myself.