General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 26-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Kev83
2.1 ZVH build underway...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Please Help

Right then all, i have a couple of problems with my FRST. Could really do with some help as im hitting blanks now.

Basiclly, when i got the car about 3 weeks ago, everything was sound with it. Ran perfect. However, in the last week, the car has started running badly, to point where it is shocking

First problem is idling. It idle's at 2-2500 rpm once warm and wont drop unless i dissconnect the idle control valve. Im assuming its that, but just wanted to be sure before i bought a new one from ford.

The second problem is the real pain in the arse. When i drive the car, its feels really flat and almost like its missing a touch. After this and it starts to come onto boost, in 1st gear only the car jolts violently and my boost gauge shows very little to no boost. In 2,3,4,5 when you come onto boost it ruins sweet as a nut and pulls really nicely.

At low rpm or touching the accelarator from idle, the car takes a moment to respond. Like a delayed reaction

Any help please people because its really starting to tick me off. To date i have done the following to try and fix, but had no luck

New Plugs (genuine ford), Leads (bosch), Fuel Filter (ford), Crank Position Sensor (ford) full service
Old 26-04-2009, 08:03 PM
105epwr
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kev83
Right then all, i have a couple of problems with my FRST. Could really do with some help as im hitting blanks now.

Basiclly, when i got the car about 3 weeks ago, everything was sound with it. Ran perfect. However, in the last week, the car has started running badly, to point where it is shocking

First problem is idling. It idle's at 2-2500 rpm once warm and wont drop unless i dissconnect the idle control valve. Im assuming its that, but just wanted to be sure before i bought a new one from ford.

The second problem is the real pain in the arse. When i drive the car, its feels really flat and almost like its missing a touch. After this and it starts to come onto boost, in 1st gear only the car jolts violently and my boost gauge shows very little to no boost. In 2,3,4,5 when you come onto boost it ruins sweet as a nut and pulls really nicely.

At low rpm or touching the accelarator from idle, the car takes a moment to respond. Like a delayed reaction

Any help please people because its really starting to tick me off. To date i have done the following to try and fix, but had no luck

New Plugs (genuine ford), Leads (bosch), Fuel Filter (ford), Crank Position Sensor (ford) full service
have you checked for any air leaks?
Old 26-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Kev83
2.1 ZVH build underway...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes mate, no luck on that front, everythings tip top