General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

this is NOT a name and shame post

Search this Thread

Old 26-04-2009, 09:26 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_RS
Ahhh right

Bit unfortunate What exactly was in the engine that wasn't right?
everything that was enclosed in the block according to what i overheard last week

and that's why i said it wasn't a name and shame post because i didn't think that the guy flogging it had built the engine up, so no point in getting all pf mafia on him if he was just an innocent
Old 26-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Not getting at him dude

Just wondered what had been done wrong

Just one of those things i suppose!
Old 26-04-2009, 09:43 AM
dojj

i'm sure osmeone will be along soon to let us know what was in the engine that shouldn't have been, but transit pistons and the wrong shells were mentined, not sure about the rods or crank though. although i was under the impression that the cossie crank had 9 holes for the flywheel
Old 26-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
i'm sure osmeone will be along soon to let us know what was in the engine that shouldn't have been, but transit pistons and the wrong shells were mentined, not sure about the rods or crank though. although i was under the impression that the cossie crank had 9 holes for the flywheel
Machined down pistons that had indents where the valves had been bashing were the main issue!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:30 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_RS
From what i've gathered-

Indy sold a ropey engine Cosworth to Olivera and it shit the bed?
Originally Posted by Ade
Yeah, but nobodies saying he was any the wiser. I don't doubt his story that he recently took it in part payment for another car and was just shifting it on. I don't think he would have posed for the photos that were destined to go in Fast Ford if he had cobbled that engine together either....

Realistically anyone in its history could have done the shitty rebuild, it was just waiting to let go after all.
It was bloody quick when I took it on the test drive too! Amazing what even a crappily built YB can do (well, for a while anyway! ).
Originally Posted by Olivera
To be fair, the bloke Indy we bought it from seemed a genuine chap who was moving it on as a p/x car. He was none the wiser about any engines problems until it let go on us back home. Like Ade said, the car was a rocketship that was running nicely when we test drove it....
didnt know about this thread till today! someone pointed it out (thanks) telling me im a dodgy git cunts!!!

i was the seller
knew there would have been a write up, didnt know what exactly would have been said

my brother took the car in part exchange deal against a golf 1.8T (private sale)

he knew i liked cossies, and id agreed to take it off him at cost price as i knew it would sell easy on, so was doing him a favour by moving it on.

i gave him what it owed him as he needed the money, and advertised it here on PF to be sold on. i had no intention of keeping the car because it wasnt what i wanted. had it have been closer to standard spec and more original, i wouldnt have minded it, however it had been messed about with somewhat, and didnt interest me at all. in the time we had it, the car done no more than 100 miles. that was the drive home, then driven for a couple of days, and parked up until sold.

the previous owner did the rebuild (or whatever was done )
the previous owner was the registered keeper on the logbook, so can be traced through that information.

i can pass on his phone number if you want to call him and tell him he's a twat (pm me olivera )

everything i knew about the car, i made clear and told the buyer.
gave them all the time in the world to check the car over, went for a long test run (over 10 miles! and asked if they wanted to go any further? but was long enough)

i was not aware of any problems with the car, except for a misfire which was experienced and identified on the test drive.

the final decision was down to the buyer/s, i made no influence on that,
i gave the option to buy, or walk away (which i hope they will agree with )

the final price was fair (£3500) for what the car was. it had a good spec, and overall was good condition inside out. sure it would break for that much or more.

anyway, thought i would post up my side incase people thought i had intentionally ripped off the buyer. that was NOT my intention, and i hope the buyer/s understand this. if you guys (olivera or ade) are not happy with anything ive put in this post, please pm me to discuss.

didnt see this thread earlier, but if i had, would have posted WAY sooner!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

No hard feelings mate, if you read the article and our comments in this thread neither myself or Chis have pointed the finger at you.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Meant no offence by what went in print, and I'll gladly print an apology/clarification in the next issue if you'd like?

Also, at no point did Ade blame at you, or say anything negative about the actual sale.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:52 PM
smila
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shit happens dont it u cant tell whats gona happen
Old 04-05-2009, 08:34 PM
ConnollyGT30
Regular Contributor

Saw this car up at sitech and it was really clean...same story with all cossies though,its just your luck with what you end up with imo
Old 04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Originally Posted by Ade
No hard feelings mate, if you read the article and our comments in this thread neither myself or Chis have pointed the finger at you.
no worries, thats not what i was getting at ade, just trying to make it clear that it was a fair sale, i told you everything i could possibly know about the car.

i only had the car for approx one week, and knew as much about it as you and your mate did.

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Meant no offence by what went in print, and I'll gladly print an apology/clarification in the next issue if you'd like?

Also, at no point did Ade blame at you, or say anything negative about the actual sale.
no need for an apology
Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Originally Posted by ConnollyGT30
Saw this car up at sitech and it was really clean...same story with all cossies though,its just your luck with what you end up with imo
Very true! It so straight and rust free that looks like a Saph that would easily go for £6000+. With the spec its running now I would imagine it would

Originally Posted by indycos
no worries, thats not what i was getting at ade, just trying to make it clear that it was a fair sale, i told you everything i could possibly know about the car.

i only had the car for approx one week, and knew as much about it as you and your mate did.

no need for an apology
All cool mate, just part of the gamble in buying an old performance car really.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
dojj

sorry to have implied that there was anything shifty going on here

i just couldn't find the for sale post in the section so didn't know how the car had come up for sale

i'm sure that if they had decided to make you out to be the villian indy they could have painted a really bad picture of you, but i think they actually put you in a good light

oh yeah, btw, i'm back (for the forseeable future i hope anyway )
Old 07-05-2009, 05:00 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

sorry to have implied that there was anything shifty going on here

i just couldn't find the for sale post in the section so didn't know how the car had come up for sale

i'm sure that if they had decided to make you out to be the villian indy they could have painted a really bad picture of you, but i think they actually put you in a good light

oh yeah, btw, i'm back (for the forseeable future i hope anyway )
Cheers for the reply dojj. It was actually your initial post on this thread that made both the sale and article look bad on my part

I have included the pics below for you, from the original advert:

Originally Posted by indycos

Old 07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
dojj

for making you look/feel bad, i'm sorry

it was never my intention, even though it may have come across like that

if you come to ford fair i'll buy you a can of coke (or a pint which ever is cheaper )
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

The worst part of this story is that Chris still hasn't got rid of that STUPID STUPID stereo!

Everytime I drove it the thing would randomly slide in an out to perfectly cram my knuckles between the screen and 3rd gear
Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
dojj

bin the centre vents and put it in there then

perfect spot to have the gps map on or whetever sort of engine display yu need
Old 08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Olivera

Originally Posted by Ade
The worst part of this story is that Chris still hasn't got rid of that STUPID STUPID stereo!

Everytime I drove it the thing would randomly slide in an out to perfectly cram my knuckles between the screen and 3rd gear
Anyone want to buy that off me?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
dojj

if you are a gold member someone will move this post into the right room

otherwise pm me
Old 08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm me how much.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

this is NOT a name and shame post
its not worth reading then.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

for making you look/feel bad, i'm sorry

it was never my intention, even though it may have come across like that

if you come to ford fair i'll buy you a can of coke (or a pint which ever is cheaper )
cheers

Originally Posted by Ade

(pic)

that was the first bit of advice i tried to put accross get rid of that fucking thing!!!

get some pics up of the car how it is now

Last edited by indycos; 08-05-2009 at 11:50 PM.