General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Employment law, need help with getting my wages

Search this Thread

Old 21-04-2009, 04:13 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Employment law, need help with getting my wages

I left my last employment because the firm was mickey mouse. They were holding back on wages and travelling expenses ect. I gave them my two weeks notice, which I worked, I was told I`d have all my travel expenses plus my lying weeks wage plus my week and two days wages I`d be owed from working my notice. Its a month later and still no money!! What the f**k is going on? Every time I phone they tell me my wages are being paid in tomorrow and still no money. A month is a joke. Plus still haven`t sent out my p45. What can I do?? I NEED this money NOW!!!!
Old 21-04-2009, 04:40 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Face to face is better, don't forget you are allowed to take HIS assetts to hold in lieu of the debt he owes you, so if he has a nice company/you see the keys car drive off in it, perfectly legal, done it loads, he'll pay up quick then.
tabetha
Old 21-04-2009, 04:46 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

arent you leaving yourself open to driving without insurance if he phones the police as you dont have the owners consent?
Old 21-04-2009, 04:56 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
aren't you leaving yourself open to driving without insurance if he phones the police as you don't have the owners consent?
If he's not been paid his wages and still hasn't had a P45 (end of employment) he could be said to be still employed by the company therefore company insurance should still cover, unless it's a policy with specific names on it, not just "Any employee"

Old 21-04-2009, 04:57 PM
mackers

The business is over an hour from me so doesn`t suit going up to see the prick all the time. Plus the boss is always away on business in england/scotland ect.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:01 PM
rossco22
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by tabetha
Face to face is better, don't forget you are allowed to take HIS assetts to hold in lieu of the debt he owes you, so if he has a nice company/you see the keys car drive off in it, perfectly legal, done it loads, he'll pay up quick then.
tabetha

Thats good to know !! I may b forced to put this into effect myself
Old 21-04-2009, 05:04 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go see them kick up a fuss its easy to fuck someone off on the phone, not so easy when there stood infront of you.

Trending Topics

Old 21-04-2009, 07:18 PM
mackers

I`ve been up a few times, he promises the world eg. wages going in tomorrow and they never do. What can I do, next time I`m going to smash his f**king face in!
Old 21-04-2009, 07:35 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

tell him he can pay you with an instant payment transfer whilst you wait with him in his office., thatll costs him 40 pence extra for the transaction.
or your leaving with his office equipment.
Old 21-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

hes being a cunt because he thinks he can get away with it. You need to show him otherwise.
Old 21-04-2009, 10:31 PM
mackers

Dont worry, he promised my wages will be in thursday, if not i`m going up there and if he`s not there I`ll take my moneys worth. Only thing is I need the cash for the mortgage. Oh well, see what happens.
Old 21-04-2009, 10:39 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

hope you get it mate..
Old 22-04-2009, 12:12 PM
mackers

So do I, I still know someonewho works in the office and he is saying the company is doing very badly. Just told me the boss is away to England today. What a cunt, really need that money now.
Old 22-04-2009, 02:26 PM
leecavturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

tabetha
got the actual ins and out's of that action tabetha?
Old 22-04-2009, 02:31 PM
leecavturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by mackers
So do I, I still know someonewho works in the office and he is saying the company is doing very badly. Just told me the boss is away to England today. What a cunt, really need that money now.
thats good someone is there means you can gain acces without breaking and entering then seize computers etc. compose a letter to take with you detailing the debt and your action of today (seizing) has been notified to the company to hand to any plod if there's any hassle. you could give a receipt of goods will be returned when payment received within specified time otherwise items will be disposed of at auction.
summat like that.
Old 22-04-2009, 06:15 PM
mackers

The funny thing about it is that the company deals with debts. They take on debts from companys and get them they money owed. Shame they cant pay their own debts.
Old 22-04-2009, 06:22 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

so if he has a nice company/you see the keys car drive off in it, perfectly legal, .
tabetha
That is known as theft.

Registered Debt recovery agancy have the right to take goods, NOT you as Joe public owed a few weeks wages.

You will be done for theft, simple as that, especially if the company car is on lease, it wont even belong to the man who owes you the money.

No P45 suggests you werent on the payroll and if he has been deducting your tax and NI and you werent on the payroll that is criminal so contact his accountant and ask then for your information.