General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

so ron's made like bill bixby and walked

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2009, 12:25 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default so ron's made like bill bixby and walked

down that lonely road to not getting in trouble has he?

regardless of what you lot may think, even though i think the guys a bit of a twat, he's gone up a huge ammount in my estimation for falling on his sword for teh good of the business

it's a pity that the good of the business is keeping on the hamilton clan

how money makes the world go round i guess, and how maclaren keeps it's employees in a job
Old 16-04-2009, 12:36 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Sad end to a long and illustrious career........ :-(

Shame, he's done more for the british economy than most of the wankers who get a knighthood these days, yet i imagine he's just kissed his goodbye.

I'll bet Max and Bernie arent too sorry tho :-(
Old 16-04-2009, 12:49 PM
dojj

all the newbies at the company are going to make it harder to keep motivated after all this i think

a job is a job at the end of the day, but who's to say that mercedes won't pull out as well after all this? it can't be doing their pr any good to have this sort of shenanigans going on and i cuold quite easily see them putting their full works package with another team when it runs out with maclaren, same with vodaphone, who have built most of their advertising around the fact that lewis can communicate, when he has shown that he doens't always do that

for the record, this isn't a hamilton bashing post, much as i'd like it to be, it's a "did he do the right thing" and a "where does maclaren go now" post
Old 16-04-2009, 12:51 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Dojj....McLaren and Mercedes are a lot more entwined than just the GP team.....and you can bet there are some good contracts cast in stone as well. You Forget McLaren is so much more than just a GP team!
Old 16-04-2009, 01:10 PM
dojj

i realise that mate, but when the shit hits the fan, it goes down into the history books, and you never know, in 50 years time, lewis may not be narrating roary the racing car for little kids because of this stain on his character

and an mbe he may be, but i can't see madge offeringhim a knighthood after al this, can you?