General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Come on Villa! Take a few points off Man U please

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really can't wait for MOTD. 3-2 with an injury time winner sounds like game of the season to me! Especially with whats at stake at this stage of the season. I hope it goes to the last matchday of the season!!! Well done Man U.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pcressie
Very quite from the merseyside side of passionford. Is it jiro day

ROFL at Giro. Yesterday I was quite gutted when Fulham caved in at 92 minutes as it looked like they fluked a draw but Liverpool supporters seeing that today will really be annoyed, they would have figured at least a draw from the 2-1 lead Villa had.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg
Liverpool supporters seeing that today will really be annoyed, they would have figured at least a draw from the 2-1 lead Villa had.
have one of these pool fans
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very quite from the merseyside side of passionford today. Is it jiro day. Hats off to Villa, played really well. So much pace in the team

Nah mate the pool fans are here for all your needs...especially the slagging of thick fucks who can't spell quiet or giro
Old 05-04-2009, 06:21 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
im not against utd but just like to see change of winners now and again.im from edinburgh and support my local edinburgh team so im definately a nuetral. what im against is armchair glory hunters that any successful team attracts who give it the "we this" and "we that" from the other side of the country as if thyeve personally contributed somehow
if you go to games, buy the merchandise and support the team in mind and hard cash then those are the peoples opinions that matter.

I think you miss the point mate, doesn't matter what team someone supports if they like to see a team lose games, the title or drop points then they aren't 'totally' neutral and bias of views will come into it, like you suggesting we have more favours from the refs which is clearly not true this season at least. A bit like me when watching Liverpool, I hate them and want to see them win nothing and suffer so have at times not been honest about them.

Oh and IMO any true football supporter always describes their team as "we" etc. Its the passion of it, its like a religion. I realise some people don't get the we/our team talk though.

At least you have the exciting Scottish league to fall back on if United get good results and you've had enough.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

At least you have the exciting Scottish league to fall back on if United get good results and you've had enough.

ROTF proper exciting it is too!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Nah mate the pool fans are here for all your needs...especially the slagging of thick fucks who can't spell quiet or giro
Cheers for that me hewd. I'll just collect my coat. In my defence I have been out drinking for most of the day, and giro's something I've never had to spell before lol
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Cheers for that me hewd. I'll just collect my coat. In my defence I have been out drinking for most of the day, and giro's something I've never had to spell before lol

lol i'm also hammered after few footie beers

wtf is a hewd though?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Speaking of which, what do you make of Barry Ferguson and that other chap doing the gestures and getting banned? Will they be getting banned from Rangers too? Crazy stuff.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

how can you have passion for a team you have no conection with live miles and miles away from? i use the term "we" when i refer to hearts as ive followed them across europe(when theyve made it) several times in the last 5 years or so. ive travelled home and away to see my team likely lose so im passionate about my team.but i grew up close to tynecastle so it was my local team. i dont even have the same passion for scotlands team as i do for hearts.
glory hunters get right up my nose.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:34 PM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
lol i'm also hammered after few footie beers

wtf is a hewd though?
Me hewd = my mate. Probably spelt that wrong as well lol
Old 05-04-2009, 06:43 PM
NIMRODS_RST
MISSING MY RST!!

Angry

FUCKING MANC BASTARDS!!!! we were all over them, now thats what i call fergie injury time!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did anyone seen the video of dean being hit by the coin in the cardiff game?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
JK99
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speaking of which, what do you make of Barry Ferguson and that other chap doing the gestures and getting banned? Will they be getting banned from Rangers too? Crazy stuff.
There's more to it than just the drinking and the gestures. There's been problems with Burley and the Rangers "Old Guard" ever since McCulloch retired (thank fuck!) and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get the so-called bad apples out the squad.

I'm glad someone has taken Ferguson down a peg or 2. He's finished with Rangers from what I hear. He looks like a frustrated player these days too because he can't hit the "heights" of years gone by. A fresh start is probably what he needs to be honest.

Broony and Thommo to be the midfield pairing for years to come I hope. Learnt it all at Easter Road! ha ha

McGregor's absence worries me tho because if Gordon gets injured we've got Marshall and Alexander to fall back on, not really in the same league.

Classy Rangers fans today too with chants of "You can stick your Tartan Army up your arse...". Cocks.

Last edited by JK99; 05-04-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

and as a nuetral manu losing makes for a more interesting and exiting finish to the season. if chelsea could catch up as well it would be even better as a 3 horse race.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by NIMRODS_RST
FUCKING MANC BASTARDS!!!! we were all over them, now thats what i call fergie injury time!

In truth mate villa are never a top 4 team u have had a great season,just hope u hang on for a uefa cup spot
Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mechanic28
did anyone seen the video of dean being hit by the coin in the cardiff game?
Yeah, not good. If they ban every fan that threw a coin there will be no fucker left at Ninian Park. It happens at all clubs in all leagues, bloody typical that it's one of us that does the damage to a ref though. I can see the club getting some shit over this incident.

Spoilt the game but i'm glad we got out of jail free, the ref obviously didn't hold it against us, as he gifted us the pen.

Last edited by Escy; 05-04-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

how can you have passion for a team you have no conection with live miles and miles away from? i use the term "we" when i refer to hearts as ive followed them across europe(when theyve made it) several times in the last 5 years or so. ive travelled home and away to see my team likely lose so im passionate about my team.but i grew up close to tynecastle so it was my local team. i dont even have the same passion for scotlands team as i do for hearts.

OK I'm bored already mate, just so happy today so you won't spoil it. You've never met me I except that but I'd be surprised if you really felt I'm a plastic fan who changes team, from what you know of me on here. Have some of this mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lNlsupEA8

Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i wasnt actually refering to you in the first place.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Escy
Yeah, not good. If they ban every fan that threw a coin there will be no fucker left at Ninian Park. It happens at all clubs in all leagues, bloody typical that it's one of us that does the damage to a ref though. I can see the club getting some shit over this incident.

Spoilt the game but i'm glad we got out of jail free, the ref obviously didn't hold it against us, as he gifted us the pen.

could not believe how quick the lump come up on his head lol!fair play to him for carrying on refereeing the game!i can see cardiff getting a nice big fine for that maybe even some points knocked off
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
RS SHAUN
Advanced PassionFord User

nice to see fergie do an interview at the end of the match!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by shaun655
nice to see fergie do an interview at the end of the match!

He had a strop with Sky for not changing the fixtures previously but was offered to move this fixture to Saturday but it would be mid day kick off so Sky could get it on TV and with key players missing and Tevez doing big miles he kept it. (We play Porto on Tuesday.)

You know what Fergie is like when he gets the hump, bit like the BBC/Lineker one he still has.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

same old story from united haters and you deffo are one of them.do you mean that am a lesser united fan just because i don't go to all united games?i pay membership fees..i luv united like crazy and whatever anyone says,am proud to be a Manchester United fan..
Old 05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

im not a utd hater im a glory hunter hater. obviously the big clubs are the ones that attract the glory hunters so not a utd hater as such.whats your connection to manchester united? why are you such a big supporter? isnt there a closer team to home you could have supported and perhaps gone to games?
if people supported their local team as they were growing up and not just followed the herd their local team wouild benefit finacially and perhaps be in a better position to compete.

Last edited by fuzzy; 05-04-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

my dad lived in manchester before moving over here,never luved any other team,its in the family.local teams are rubbish manproblem is Jersey don't have one club representing the island,which would have brought good things if they did in terms of supporting local clubs ..but i do get to watch some games
Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Quite right the fucking hun cunts. Ferguson has a face you'd never tire of punching

Ferguson got stripped of the captaincy at rangers
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Actually would be very happy if ferguson never plays again for rangers.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Gutted- YES!!
Surprised - NO!!!

O'Neill is a clueless mug and i feel sorry for his players!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

how can you have passion for a team you have no conection with live miles and miles away from? glory hunters get right up my nose.
Well i will really get up your nose then, ive been a MU supporter since 1955 (Duncan Edwards fan so I supported the team he played for) & live in the south fortunately in a Football free area so im a fan not an idiotic fanatic. Im a pre Munich supporter & have seen as many downs as ups think we went 25years without a title so deffo not a glory hunter .
Remember the Liverpool glory days well, they were the best around by a mile so not much point in saying they were crap or getting upset, its now Uniteds time just except that, it wont last forever so i will make the most of it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Little-AL
Regular Contributor

Why is every referee a Man U supporter? Another dull day for the Villa in our latest slump!
Oh well, hopefully we'll hang on to 5th place!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i do hope man u win this week as well as arsenal. liverpool and chelsea can go either way as i like to see british teams win in europe as long as they arent rangers or celtic.
but celtic dont count as british anyway as theyre all plastic paddys

Last edited by fuzzy; 06-04-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ace-media
Why is every referee a Man U supporter? Another dull day for the Villa in our latest slump!
Oh well, hopefully we'll hang on to 5th place!

We didn't get 2 penalties and Friedel didn't get sent off! (which the FA recinded so he could face us). If you mean the stoppage time then blame Villa, Barry, Agbonalhor and Cuellar all were down injured for about a minute each then Millner got subbed and wasted time getting off, plus United subs. Sky sports news clocked it up and got 4mins 38 so Mike Reilly was pretty much spot on. Got to love O'Neill doing the "wouldn't get 5 at Villa park" thing when it was his own players, Gabby for example clutching his leg after he scored if you recall!

Either way it didn't take us anywhere near 5 mins.

Last edited by skeg; 06-04-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I was gonna say that....it was the 92nd minute? all the best teams score late on anyhow
Old 06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Annoyingly, much as I don't like the Mancs , you could see the win was in the post at 75 mins when Reo-joker came on .... Villa tried to sit on it, which is the worst thing to do again a team who can tear defences apart as easily as Man U.... Still, lots of points to play for, I think it will go down to the last 2 games...
Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
judgey-c
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Coldo
Fucking have that liverpool scumbags!!!!!!!

Fucking in there utd!!!!!! Most important goal of the season, quailty, quality!!!! Well done to that kid.

"we shall not be moved"
Liverpool supporting scumbags.
No scumbags in Liverpool bud
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by judgey-c

Liverpool supporting scumbags.
No scumbags in Liverpool bud
Course not!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
NIMRODS_RST
MISSING MY RST!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis
Gutted- YES!!
Surprised - NO!!!

O'Neill is a clueless mug and i feel sorry for his players!
U WHAT!!!!! Did u not watch the game?? we had them on the back foot most of the game and Rafael Benitez every season it looks like he's loseing he's marbles with the ramdom shit he come's out with,

Last edited by NIMRODS_RST; 06-04-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:43 AM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Morecombe away last weekend, Wembley this week...... non-league next season

You guys have NO IDEA how lucky you are.

Luton till i die.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:07 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by NIMRODS_RST
U WHAT!!!!! Did u not watch the game?? we had them on the back foot most of the game and Rafael Benitez every season it looks like he's loseing he's marbles with the ramdom shit he come's out with,
yes mate i watched the game, you played very well and got yourself into a leading position.

At that point O'Neill should have protected that lead by bringing on a defensive midfielder or defender, taking off Gabby and leaving Carew alone to hold the ball up and keep possession (which he does so well).

Instead he leaves all of your attacking players on and replaces milner with Nigel Mediocre and leaves you with your backs to the wall.

I just think he's very poor tactically, which is probably why you haven't won a football match in about 5 or 6 weeks lol.

Rafa can crack up all he likes too, he's in the top 5 managers in the world without a doubt and hes taking us in the right direction
Old 07-04-2009, 08:52 AM
NIMRODS_RST
MISSING MY RST!!

Wink

Originally Posted by bud-weis
yes mate i watched the game, you played very well and got yourself into a leading position.

At that point O'Neill should have protected that lead by bringing on a defensive midfielder or defender, taking off Gabby and leaving Carew alone to hold the ball up and keep possession (which he does so well).

Instead he leaves all of your attacking players on and replaces milner with Nigel Mediocre and leaves you with your backs to the wall.

I just think he's very poor tactically, which is probably why you haven't won a football match in about 5 or 6 weeks lol.

Rafa can crack up all he likes too, he's in the top 5 managers in the world without a doubt and hes taking us in the right direction
fair comment mate!