General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ATTN Rich_W!!! and Mondeo man and Graham

Search this Thread

Old 28-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Some people pay good money to be verbally and physically abused by a domineering fit bird, Lee should be greatful he gets it for free.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mike C
That's what motorsport is all about I'm afraid. But to drive an F1 car full stop takes some degree of talent.
Nonsense, Lewis Hamilton didnt pay to be sat in his seat, he got paid to do it, as do ALL the decent F1 drivers.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:02 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what motorsport is all about I'm afraid. But to drive an F1 car full stop takes some degree of talent.
no,i dont agree,but who gives a monkeys.

Last edited by thebigyin; 28-03-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:02 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Chip
Some people pay good money to be verbally and physically abused by a domineering fit bird, Lee should be greatful he gets it for free.
Physically???

I don't believe I've tried that one!! Perhaps I'll sit on him next time we meet
Old 28-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by **Claire**
Physically???

Well I assumed you were building up to that and just at the verbally stage at the moment.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Nick D
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Maria.
Does that make me a knob sucking cum guzzler too?

Old 28-03-2009, 11:10 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Well I assumed you were building up to that and just at the verbally stage at the moment.
Ah assumptions!!
Old 28-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Nonsense, Lewis Hamilton didnt pay to be sat in his seat, he got paid to do it, as do ALL the decent F1 drivers.
He drives for one of the top teams, they don't need to be bribed.

But he wouldn't be where he was now if he didn't come from a "privileged" background and speak with a plumb in his mouth.

How many others could be thrust into the world of karting with all the gear that he had at that age?

He's a special talent, yes, but has he had a helping hand along the way? Course he has!
Old 28-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Button definately has the skills but didnt have the car. I have alwasy said put button in lewis's car last year and he would have won.

I like him and will be rooting for him.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunlop2008

Old 28-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Nick D

Originally Posted by Maria.
Sorry M, week in the UK has destroyed me
Old 28-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Chip

He drives for one of the top teams, they don't need to be bribed.

But he wouldn't be where he was now if he didn't come from a "privileged" background and speak with a plumb in his mouth.

How many others could be thrust into the world of karting with all the gear that he had at that age?

He's a special talent, yes, but has he had a helping hand along the way? Course he has!

Lewis is genuinely from a properly down to earth background.

He's proof positive that talent, commitment and a supportive father are all you actually need to make it in motor racing, him and his dad are a real inspiration

I wouldnt call his backfround "priveledged" at all, unless you call having a fairly poor but very motivated father a priviledge?
Old 28-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Didn't his Dad work like 3 jobs to get him his shot?
Old 28-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Rab
Yep
Old 28-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Yep

I can now totally understand why everyone thinks he's priviliged.... Must have been hard for him, getting that silver spoon out his mouth

Some people really ought to THINK before posting shite
Old 28-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunlop2008
Sorry M, week in the UK has destroyed me
Best you get your bum back to Dubai then!
Old 28-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab
I can now totally understand why everyone thinks he's priviliged.... Must have been hard for him, getting that silver spoon out his mouth

Some people really ought to THINK before posting shite
I presume you havnt read his book then?
Old 28-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ding Ding!!! Quality thread! Go on yourself Porkie, let them feel your wrath!
Old 28-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Rab
It wasn't like he was on the bins in the morning, stacking shelves in the afternoon and a security gaurd at night!

What he was given by his father makes for a VERY, VERY privileged upbringing that very few could wish for.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Chip

It wasn't like he was on the bins in the morning, stacking shelves in the afternoon and a security gaurd at night!

What he was given by his father makes for a VERY, VERY privileged upbringing that very few could wish for.

He's hardly landed gentry though!
Old 28-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Mike C
The Special One

He's hardly landed gentry though!
Maybe so, but how many kids out there ain't gonna have the shot he had?

There must be loads of people out there who have the talent to be a great (I ain't just talking about F1 or motorsport, I mean every kind of sport, music and what not), but never get the chance to show it.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Chip

He's lucky to have a dad who supports him so much, but thats still a million miles away from a "silver spoon"

Everything lewis has got is a result of hard work from him and his dad, I think a lot of people fail to realise what a team they are/were to get him there, especially when you see comments on here about people not liking to see his dad in the pits, that bloke has lived and dreamed his son's formula one career for over a decade, of course he is going to be in the fucking pits to see it first hand!
Old 28-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

from memory didnt he work on the tube or something, and collected estate agent signs in the evening, cant remember what the 3rd job was
Old 28-03-2009, 11:50 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

It's the same with Football as it is with Motorsport, there are scouts at every important karting meet same as there are with football matches, scouts are "alerted" to kids who have an exceptional talent, Lewis Hamilton just happened to be one of them. You can't knock talent and he has an abundance of it, he wouldn't be where he is now if he didn't. There are many good drivers out there but that's what they are just "good" they aren't exceptional same as there are many good footballers but not everyone of them make the premiership grade!!
Old 28-03-2009, 01:07 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

all i am going to add to this post is that, the orignal quote by porkie sort of put one of them "owned" stickers to the guy who posted it orignially

f1 talent is just that, talent, no one is going to get onto the grid without a lot of talent and while i do think lewis got a lot of it handed to him on a plate as he was "lucky", i won't take away the fact that his old man worked like a fucker to buy him the stuff he needed to get spotted

obviuosly there was talent there, no point in spending money on something you are shite at is there
Old 28-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

They are all lucky, lucky to be spotted at the time they were, they are then picked up, backed and trained in that field, be it karting, footballing, rugby etc.

There are a great number who at a young age had the same talent as these superstars today but missed the boat and didnt get spotted or had a off day when the scout was about.

As for Lewis and his dad, if that was your child would you not want the best for him, Thats all Hamilton snr wanted and got.
Old 28-03-2009, 04:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
They are all lucky, lucky to be spotted at the time they were, they are then picked up, backed and trained in that field, be it karting, footballing, rugby etc.

There are a great number who at a young age had the same talent as these superstars today but missed the boat and didnt get spotted or had a off day when the scout was about.

As for Lewis and his dad, if that was your child would you not want the best for him, Thats all Hamilton snr wanted and got.
i don't think anyone is doubting his commitment, it's his constant apperance in the background and repeating his story that's pissed people off
and his brothers guilty of it as well
and both his mum and step mum to some extent too

there's nothing wrong with them being there, if he wants to travel with his family then i have no problems with that, it's just that they appear in EVERY shot he seems to appear in like some ghosty gurning apperitions
Old 28-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by **Claire**
Physically???

Perhaps he'll sit on you! Reverse pshycology. 'You're going home in a bin bag!'.

Benni.
Old 28-03-2009, 05:43 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Only just seen this

Always said, give Jenson a good car and he'll get the job done. He Is a talented driver and developer.

Just watch this space if the car stays as good as it is. Good battle with Reubens is on the cards

oh and Rich_W I know one swallow doesnt make a summer but hey ho...
Old 28-03-2009, 05:45 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

id have waited until the race was finished before gloating...
Old 28-03-2009, 05:51 PM
It's Czech Mate

The fuel weights have been published by the FIA for the first time, under the new rules for this season.
There are some very interesting things here. For a start the Brawn cars are, as we expected, massively quick, given that Jenson Button’s car has 22 laps worth of fuel in it (59 kilos). Barrichello will go one lap longer, to 23. This is a long first stint for a two stop strategy.
Knowing this we can say that Jenson did a stunning job today in the final part of qualifying as the extra fuel he’s carrying will have given him less than a tenth of a second of lap time compared to Rubens and yet he is three tenths faster.
Rubens liked the car more on low fuel in the early part of qualifying, Jenson liked it more in heavy fuel mode. He will be on his own tomorrow in the race.
Sebastien Vettel, who qualified third, will go to lap 20, the same as Nico Rosberg. This means that the Red Bull is a couple of tenths faster than the Williams.
Meanwhile the Ferraris are in trouble, Massa has only 18 laps of fuel in his car and yet he was 8/10ths off Button, who has 3/10ths of a weight disadvantage. That puts the Ferrari a second slower in quali trim today. Raikkonen has a similar amount as his team mate and was a tenth slower.
Kubica’s lap looks less stellar when you realise that he is running light - he will be stopping on lap 17.
Button should control the race, reliability is his only competitor tomorrow. Barrichello has more than enough speed to stay ahead of Vettel and Rosberg who will be fighting for a podium. Massa moves forward to 6th on the grid after Glock’s exclusion and he has a shot at a podium from there to get his championship campaign off to a strong start. The Ferrari should prove a faster race car than qualifier here.
Old 28-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Porkie
Probably because you are such a nasty negative horrible knob of a man!!!!

I'm surprised at your reaction Lee. But there you go. I seem to recall wishing you a speedy recovery once upon a time and maybe I've missed where I've slagged you off recently.

meh.

Clearly there's a massive car advantage at Brawn. As you would expect. Rubens is far from a World champ but is only just 2nd? 70-75% car the rest driver IMHO

Originally Posted by Graham S1
You've obviously never seen his reaction when he argues that 9/11 was exactly what we were told on the news then?

That's not a fair comparison. Your explanantions are ill thought out. Like 99% of conspiracy Theories. I'm relatively open minded (no fingers in my arse though ) but I cannot fathom why the theorists base their "facts" on people who are pathological liars. Like the holocaust denier or nameless university professors that don't ever seem to back up anything with any facts. Then claim its a cover up.

You genuinely believe that there were explosives placed in the towers before a plane crashed into it? You must have seen on the TV the amount of det cord they run when they drop a tower block (significantly smaller that the WTC's) And you've no doubt seen that even the expert Dems guys have troubles sometimes.

Yet you insist that the WTC had all this wiring hidden? And it all went off without a hitch? That only the handful of CT's can see from grainy youTube videos and confused TV reports on the day, the "evidence" that it was an inside job. The plane at the pentagon never existed despite being seen by one or 2 people on the freeway next to the place.

Ok, maybe the insults are immature. But come on. It's ridiculously frustrating to read ill thought out arguments that this was a conspiracy when like Billions around the world we saw what happened and witnessed it live on thousands of networks. Not even anti USA Tv broadcasters say it's a conspiracy.

And then there's actual witnesses on the ground in Lower Manhatten saw it happen.

If the CT were actually believeable by the majority. It would do your crusade a lot more good.

Last edited by Rich_w; 28-03-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 28-03-2009, 06:50 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by polly_x
Its Yorkie now anyway......Not Porkie!

Yorkie by name........Yorkie by nature..........
not for girls?

i'd be worried lads lol
Old 28-03-2009, 07:08 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3i_gaz
not for girls?

i'd be worried lads lol

Mondeo Man, Nice info
Old 28-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As chip said he was given fuck all on a silver spoon!!!

He was luck his dad wanted to see him become someone but up untill mclaren signed him on his dad had to finance everything and he had to develop his tallent on the track!!!

Unlike some ppl thing he wasnt snapped up by mclaren and given an f1 car to drive. When he was signed up and were talking a long time before his debut 2yrs ago Ron Dennis made him go back and study like a bitch to learn everything he needed to know to be as good a driver as he is and put in hour upon hour in the car to develop his tallent.

Ok he is lucky to have been given the chance to be where he is by his dad but its not like his dad had a deep pocket and it was hand outs it was sweat and blood from both of them, and tbh his dad was hard as fuck with him and how he raced.

But its no different to you or any1 else working loads of jobs and putting all ur spare cash to make something of ur child, lucky he is yes but far from a 'silver spoon' up bringing!!!
Old 28-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
As chip said he was given fuck all on a silver spoon!!!

He was luck his dad wanted to see him become someone but up untill mclaren signed him on his dad had to finance everything and he had to develop his tallent on the track!!!

Unlike some ppl thing he wasnt snapped up by mclaren and given an f1 car to drive. When he was signed up and were talking a long time before his debut 2yrs ago Ron Dennis made him go back and study like a bitch to learn everything he needed to know to be as good a driver as he is and put in hour upon hour in the car to develop his tallent.

Ok he is lucky to have been given the chance to be where he is by his dad but its not like his dad had a deep pocket and it was hand outs it was sweat and blood from both of them, and tbh his dad was hard as fuck with him and how he raced.

But its no different to you or any1 else working loads of jobs and putting all ur spare cash to make something of ur child, lucky he is yes but far from a 'silver spoon' up bringing!!!

Even with Ron financing it they didn't take the piss and rock up with motorhomes, teams of mechanics etc. They apparently used to send detailed requests showing exactly where the money would be spent. And only ask for that amount.

Just a shame Lewis has changed his personality dramatically for the worse in the last 18 months. Maybe a year at the back will return him to a more rounded person.
Old 28-03-2009, 08:37 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it all irrelavent any way cos button car has not be declared legal and could be mid april till it is!
Old 28-03-2009, 09:46 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by saph4be
it all irrelavent any way cos button car has not be declared legal and could be mid april till it is!

You appear to be 100% misinformed...the FIA AND the Stewards have declared all of the 'Diffuser Three' , Brawn, Williams, Toyota to be Legal! The other teams are waiting for the 14th April for their protest appeal, to see if they can take their protest any further.

well toyota have a legal diffuser lol, shame about their rear wing
Old 28-03-2009, 10:06 PM
kiddie

Originally Posted by fuzzy
id have waited until the race was finished before gloating...
Old 28-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Even with Ron financing it they didn't take the piss and rock up with motorhomes, teams of mechanics etc. They apparently used to send detailed requests showing exactly where the money would be spent. And only ask for that amount.

Just a shame Lewis has changed his personality dramatically for the worse in the last 18 months. Maybe a year at the back will return him to a more rounded person.
You say that but then tbh he has been in the 4yrs ive been there the most friendly and down to earth of the drivers. When kimi was there i never once saw him at MTC and when he was asked 2 talk at the launch of the new car at the albert hall he muttered a couple words if that!! montoya i saw a few times, alonso was hardly seen or spoke but lewis has been to most of the ron dennis/martin whitmarsh company meetings we've had and has always taken the time to say a few words etc and have a laugh and the last meeting him and hekki even asked the staff if they had any questions etc!! So for ppl to say he's up his own arse and moan about his attitude when he's the only driver in a long time to take the time to talk to the other staff and make them feel part of the team and not put himself on a pedistool above everyone else like some of the drivers is a credit to him imo

Quick Reply: ATTN Rich_W!!! and Mondeo man and Graham