General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Name and shame - TIMTURBO

Search this Thread

Old 28-03-2009, 07:40 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr S1
That's how I feel Nath - this tosser has sold them, knowing or not they are bent and thinks it's OK to fuck people over and then hide. Only problem is he can't hide as I know where he is.
How did he fuck you over?

you fucked yourself over by not inspecting them properly.

You viewed them and handed your cash over. if you couldnt tell they were bent out of shape how was the seller going to tell?.

Bottom line is you were happy enough with the wheels then thats why you paid for them.

So if you go to court and you dont win your going to be out of pocket more and still have to bent wheels.

It wont affect Tim as he wont loose this if you take him to court.
Old 28-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by R5FORD
How did he fuck you over?

you fucked yourself over by not inspecting them properly.

You viewed them and handed your cash over. if you couldnt tell they were bent out of shape how was the seller going to tell?.

Bottom line is you were happy enough with the wheels then thats why you paid for them.

So if you go to court and you dont win your going to be out of pocket more and still have to bent wheels.

It wont affect Tim as he wont loose this if you take him to court.
Mate, I'm not arguing about it. But if YOU bought something that wasn't fit for purpose, spent ten months getting fucked about by someone and then ignored how would YOU feel about it ? Take it on the chin, write of your hard earned and say 'oh well' ? Not feel even the slightest bit aggrieved ? Yeah, course you would. And if you really would, more fool you.

End of conversation.
Old 28-03-2009, 07:59 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Firstly I wouldnt buy something 2nd hand thats got the chance of being bent without getting them tested first.So i think the pretty much sums up my response. Its YOUR fault no one elses, you didnt check them throughly enough did you. So dont try and turn this around. If you wanted to get it sorted out you shouldnt have waited 10months. Being the nice guy that you are mate and waiting 10months to take him to court is going to be your downfall along everything else iv stated in the posts.

I feel for you I really do. But take it as a lesson learnt.
Old 28-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nath
I can't believe how many people on here are putting it across saying that they find it acceptable to buy faulty second hand goods or incorrectly described
I don't think anyone has said it is acceptable, but many of us have said that the responsibility lies with the buyer - that's been the case since Roman times - they even invented the phrase Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) and that still holds good in English law today.

The Central England Trading Standards website has this to say: "Caveat emptor - This is latin meaning 'let the buyer beware' which means that it is the buyer's responsibility to check whether the goods are of satisfactory quality and free from any defects before buying the goods. This becomes particularly relevant when buying second-hand goods from a private seller as the consumer's legal rights are reduced."

Yes, I'd be pissed off
yes, I'd ask for my money back
yes, if I had sold them I would have done something at the time, but not now after 10 months
no, I wouldn't name and shame
yes, I'd put it behind me and move on.

There must be a way to make some of your money back by selling the two good ones, or to buy two more from someone who has damaged some of theirs?
Old 28-03-2009, 09:46 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I have said SO many times on this thread already...

Mr S1 the only person at fault here is YOU. You should of inspected the wheels.

That is the reason your angry as you obviously know that. TBH your as bad as a scammer, as your just trying to pass the blame back to him so your not out of pocket.

If you had inspected the wheels then you would not be in this mess.

TBH the reason this poor kid has gone to ground is becuase I bet you have been issuing wild threats left, right and centre. Not very pleasent. And certainly not nessesery. If I was him I would save this thread incase anything did happen to him or his property so he can show the Police.

Infact I'll save a copy for him in case he doesn't get chance to.
Old 28-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I don't think anyone has said it is acceptable, but many of us have said that the responsibility lies with the buyer - that's been the case since Roman times - they even invented the phrase Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) and that still holds good in English law today.

The Central England Trading Standards website has this to say: "Caveat emptor - This is latin meaning 'let the buyer beware' which means that it is the buyer's responsibility to check whether the goods are of satisfactory quality and free from any defects before buying the goods. This becomes particularly relevant when buying second-hand goods from a private seller as the consumer's legal rights are reduced."

Yes, I'd be pissed off
yes, I'd ask for my money back
yes, if I had sold them I would have done something at the time, but not now after 10 months
no, I wouldn't name and shame
yes, I'd put it behind me and move on.

There must be a way to make some of your money back by selling the two good ones, or to buy two more from someone who has damaged some of theirs?
Well if you can find 2 straight 16' RS7's let me know mate ! Only 200 sets made 25 years ago so they ain't eaxctly thick on the ground.

And secondly, why should I have to try and recoup my money ? I should get my money back from the seller !
Old 28-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't say it was easy, but it must be possible. If you aren't willing to make the effort to find them, put the experience behind you.

As for saying you should get your money back from the seller, you just aren't listening to anyone else, are you?
Old 28-03-2009, 10:08 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Old 28-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
As for saying you should get your money back from the seller, you just aren't listening to anyone else, are you?
And you aren't reading between the lines either are you ? It's not just about dealing with it through the Courts is it ?
Old 28-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know its no consolation but at least you can now leave feedback on the transaction.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM
lloydwillard132
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

ohh well then i better contact the person i bought my rst off of because he told me the car was mint not one bit of rust but once i got it to my firms workshop it found cuple of patches,sorted now luckly i work in a bodyshop.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by R5FORD

MrS1 - I can't believe your still completly blinded buy your optimism
Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Read my last post Lee
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Read my last post Lee
I did mate. Thats what I meant buy you still being optimistic.

I do give you credit tho for sticking to your guns....but

The seller has no legal obligation to give you one penny back.

Only a moral obligation of good will, which after 10 months is a no brainer.

Infact if you went down the court route then you'd probably end up coming out with a charge for slander against timturbo.

Its a shitter loosing your hard earned, and I feel for you, its happened to me in the past with £250.

You went to his house, looked at the wheels and to your descression decided to buy them, sold as seen.

It is irrelevent wether the seller know they were scrap, or genuinly didnt know they were bent.

Its seems like timturbo maybe did know they were bent, as he had a problem with the mate he bought them from, but he has done nothing wrong other than tell you a porkie. which is not a crime, just a misfortune of human nature.

Didnt anyone teach you that the world if a harsh place, and to quote many a cheesy movie

"trust no one"......

You did, and now you have to swallow your pride.

Dont mean to sound harsh, but as said the only "technical injustice" here is you slandering some elses name. THE REST IS JUST LIFE.

Im majorly peed of that your "out of pocket" but human nature to lie and human nature to make mistakes do not entitle you to your money back.

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 02-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Hold up mate, before this gets out of hand and I begin to get a bit rattled with you.

Slander ? How ? It's only slander if it's lies. And this isn't. The money now is a side issue, the fact remains Tim sold me a set of bent rims. That's a fact.

So, where's the slander ?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Hold up mate, before this gets out of hand and I begin to get a bit rattled with you.

Slander ? How ? It's only slander if it's lies. And this isn't. The money now is a side issue, the fact remains Tim sold me a set of bent rims. That's a fact.

So, where's the slander ?
"Libel" and "Slander" redirect here. For other uses, see Libel (disambiguation) and Slander (disambiguation).
"Vilification" redirects here. For the hate crime, see racial vilification.
In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. It is often, but not always,[1] a requirement that this claim be false, and, or alternatively, that the publication is made to someone other than the person defamed.
In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike [with] libel, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."[2]
False light laws are "intended primarily to protect the plaintiff's mental or emotional well-being."[3] If a publication of information is false, then a tort of defamation might have occurred. If that communication is not technically false but is still misleading, then a tort of false light might have occurred.[3]

Nothing else to say as I hate nothing more than keyboard warroirs.

Dont want to get into an argument with you fella, all im trying to say is you really need to drop this as the majority of people have said in one way of another.

Just have to agree to disagree on this one Mr.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

I didn't bump the post, and when it was you replied first.......but like you say I hate keyboard warriors as well so I'll leave it there.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee, are you a mate of Tims?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BEST MATES
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by Nath
Lee, are you a mate of Tims?
haha im back.

No i am not, never even heard of the bloke before now.

Its a shitter that he has more than likley sold wheels in the knowledge that they are bent. which is out of order and something I could never bring my self to do.

BUT

A lot of people do sell "shit", and its the BUYERS DISCRESSION to fiqure that out!

end off.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder how many other people on here would be ok with this, i may get a load of shit to sell on here if people are not that worried about losing out on a couple of hundred pounds.......

plus, as stated before, MrS1 didn't leave it for 10 months, he has been waiting 10 months for Timturbo to sort something out, seems he has been fobbed off by someone who never had any intention of paying him back!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by -beefy-
no , but id at least want to know it was safe lee, id have a mechanic have a look over it

beef

Have you had a mechanic check over every car you've sold on? Or just said to them, "its ok, starts first time no knocks blah blah"

Chances are if you put the wheels on the car you wouldn't feel it.

IMO you wouldn't sell them on the forum if you knew they were bent, you'd probably ebay them.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

best thread i've read for a while, nobody listens to what the others are saying and it just goes round in circles

I feel sorry for you Mr S1, but i had all of this when i bought a set of cossie wheels off of e-bay.

I went and collected them payed cash and went home, couple of wks later i took them to get tyres fitted and guess what they were bent no good to anyone!!

Did i get my money back? No not a chance, e-bay said i'd had them for a couple of wks and i could have caused the damage myself!
Old 28-08-2009, 07:48 PM
B1G_RST
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

did you go to this boys house for these wheels mate?

if so can you remmember his adress ?
ive pm'd you