General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Scum......

Search this Thread

Old 24-03-2009, 08:38 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scum......

The olds have a house they rent out..... The tenant recently began missing payments, The agent my old use went round and couldnt get in as front door lock was changed (unsure of back at mo) Tried again few other times,leaving notes, trying mobile but no joy.....

Out of blue a phonecall came in to rental office saying tenant was in hospital after a confruntation with neighbour then hung up leaving no number etc...

Called police who confirm was a altercation at neighbouring addy, wont name names but confirmed the name we have as tenant was not a name they had on record of event, hospital have no one of that name.. turn out the neighbour has been evicted now and door boarded up but still no sign of tenant.

Been past tonight and light on, gonna drive past in morn see if still on, if not obviously they are in.

Realy want to go in with some heavies and drag em out Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

This together with another property empty and old having no work (builder) means they are in shit street and it kills me to see, anyone any ideas if can do out to help??
Old 24-03-2009, 08:49 PM
xrsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

if its through an agent are they not responsible for making sure the rent is paid to the owner as you pay them for the trouble! thats way i understood that the agent paid you and then recieve rent from tennat...

may be wrong but its worth finding out whats in the agreement with agent
Old 24-03-2009, 08:57 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

no not part of agreement, basically was finder fee and weekly admin, payments etc
Old 24-03-2009, 09:00 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

get rid of the agent then, theyre best part of useless as theyve landed you with a dodgy tenent and wont do anything to help. you could have done that yourself with an add in local windows/papers etc.
your course of action depends on what side of the law you prefer to stay on.
Old 24-03-2009, 09:21 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

two routes really, a long battle on the legal side as the law is geared towards the tenant or the illegal heavy handed approach.

Heavy handed approval will no doubt result in retaliation via vandal damage or legal action, unless you have people that would be known NOT to mess with and so leave the scum thinking they really don't want to be getting tangled up in a tit for tat.

Tricky one.
Old 24-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The agent wants your money so agree on YOUR terms.

I will be your agent if you want fleecing like them fuckers are doing to you at the moment.
Old 25-03-2009, 05:08 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

what ever approach you use it isnt going to go down well im afraid.

At best a legal eviction will have them out soon enough (well a few months ) and hopefully they will have some concience not to smash the place out.

Problem is the kind of people who refuse to pay rent and hide from landlords etc are usually SCUM so they will probably smash the place up regardless of what you do. In thier mentality your throwing them on the street so they got to get back at you by smashing the pace, after all your a rich landlord in thier eyes!!

Ditch the agent and get a decent one who performs proper checks on the tenants!!!

Trending Topics

Old 25-03-2009, 10:16 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

It's probably a cannabis factory mate.

Can you see in the windows? Letterbox? Anywhere?

Hope it all works out OK
Old 25-03-2009, 10:33 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

if its a cannabis factory sell shit - its going for good money at present .. so i hear
Old 25-03-2009, 10:42 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Can you not take a couple of days off and stakeout the house, i.e. see if anyone comes and goes from it? I'd get a plan together that involved getting into the house after they'd just gone out, removing all their stuff and moving in, i.e. arranging a locksmith and having ID ready with your folks name on it to prove it's your house, they won't know anyone is supposed to be renting it. Job done, no violence and the c*nt is out on the street.
Old 25-03-2009, 11:51 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hahah, yeah, ditch the agent. Then when the scum go out, get a few lads and a van to strip the place even the carpets and secure it with new locks etc.

Perhaps stick a SOLD board outside, have a few handy mates wait near the house, when they come back, have the lads confront them and say they have just exchanged on the property that day.

If the scum kick off about their stuff, just have the lads say "sorry mate, you'll need to speak to the previous owner, place was empty when we picked the keys up an hour ago.

Maybe a bit far fetched, but would be funny to see lol!!