General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Calling all parents..... 10 month old

Search this Thread

Old 23-03-2009, 04:36 PM
G420 DEL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all parents..... 10 month old

Hiya, me and the missis have a 10 month old lad, about 7 weeks ago he got a stomach virus, loose nappies all the time and vomit. Hopefully we are through this now as things are starting to get "normal" before this he ate anything and everything, we couldnt get it in quick enough! But now he refuses to eat. If its yoghurt, wheetobix, hot cross buns, treats he has no issue. But try give him a proper tea he wont have it. Takes first mouthfull then if you can get another in he gags himself, screams crys. Today it took me an hour to get quarter of a jar in him! Rite now the missis is 20 mins in and still no luck.

Anyone experianced this before i loose it! Its so frustrating as its all the same stuff he used to eat!
Old 23-03-2009, 04:45 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He has vomited and he knows that taste, it will take him time to get over it.

just feed him what he likes, don't push it, just give a week and then start introducing stuff slowly.

He will not stave
Old 23-03-2009, 04:49 PM
fish99

Personally we never used that Jar stuff as it tastes as awful as it smells. My boy wouldnt touch those jars. I would just blend normal food, vegetables etc and give that a try. At least you know exactly what your putting in the food.
Old 23-03-2009, 04:54 PM
G420 DEL

this has been goin on now for about 2 week! we have give in and give him what he wanted gave him the same one jar that he likes and will eat but dont think it can be good for him eating the same thing twice a day everyday. and we do also blend our tea so he has some but still the same.
Old 23-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

We had the same thing mate. It takes time, my daughter is back to her old self eating quite happily. Can't get her onto the stage 2 stuff now though..... As she was starting that when she got sick. I find toast and margerine goes down really well, especially if I have a bit of it aswell.
Old 23-03-2009, 05:05 PM
G420 DEL

lol the hot cross buns were a treat this mornin! lol and yeah toast followed between us we nearly had a loaf!
Old 23-03-2009, 05:06 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's just a phase kids go throuigh

don't forget that it's been a whilenow since he's eaten properly so he needs to get used to it again

as said, give him stuff he likes and he will eat, he wnop't go hungry as he'll want feeding eventually and he'll know it as well, but if you give him food he will eat and then slowly tempt himback to other stuff he'll be fine

we've just introduced or daughter to orange juice in a bottle and she hates it, but even though she makes faces she still drinks an ounce of it before rejecting it totaly so it's doing some good

them yoghurts are good, the cow and gate ones, if you can find a flavour he likes

http://www.cowandgate.co.uk/whats_ne...dairy_desserts
Old 23-03-2009, 05:08 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my lad was the same, now gulps anything down.
Old 23-03-2009, 05:11 PM
fish99

Just another thing, we were worried about how how little my boy was eating once.. we took him to the dr and mentioned it and all they said was " if he is happy, being his normal self and drinking, then dont worry about it ". As Dojj says, kids go through so many little phases
Old 23-03-2009, 05:12 PM
CombatSapph
Regular Contributor

You can even try a couple of formula bottles over the day if you're concerned he's not getting enough food down him. Then wean them back with quite boring/bland stuff - toast fingers, porridge etc.

Went through a similar thing with my lad when he covered the bedroom - I got it three days later - worst I have EVER felt - funny thing is he didn't seem to bad - I certainly couldn't have gone to play on the swings in the garden!

The other thing is - rule of thumb, if they are hungry, they'll eat.

Last edited by CombatSapph; 23-03-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 23-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
He has vomited and he knows that taste, it will take him time to get over it.

just feed him what he likes, don't push it, just give a week and then start introducing stuff slowly.

He will not stave
Very good advice,
My son has just had the same but luckly no problems with eating.

Mark
Old 23-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not good when they dont eat but you must not allow it to continue or they will get picky and know they get away with it. I know people who give kids mcdonalds to shut them up as its "all they'll eat". Fucking ridiculous imo

Originally Posted by RANJ
my lad was the same, now gulps anything down.

Come on dude he has a good teacher after all
Old 23-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Another thing is find something he will eat, (toast for instance) then dip it in the bowl of baby food. I got my little one to eat half a bowl of sweet potatoe bake that way

The other thing was conning the poor little dear with her dummy. I'd hold it up and she's oen her mouth, then I'd shove a spoonfull in there She's wise to it now though
Old 23-03-2009, 09:34 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

that was brilliant when i had to give a bottle to my brother

wait till he was asleep, then poke him with a finger until he woke up sreaming, then stick the bottle in his face

worked every time