General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

3D design models on the PC? HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 17-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D design models on the PC? HELP !!!

I have just been to quote for a new customer, and they love all my suggestions, but they are struggling to visualise the overall look i aim to achieve.

I once had a program on my old PC which allowed me to make basic 3D models. But dont have it now and cant remember where i got it!

Im not hot on computers buy anymeans and this was a simple design program which let you choose buildings and patios, walls etc and manupulate them to your own shape and scale.

Does anyone know where I could download a program. Ive just tried the "google sketchup 7" but its way to complicated for what I want.

Ive seen a few programs where you can upload a digital photo and basically photoshop patios and drives onto the picture, but these you have to buy.

Not that im a tight bugger, but this is really something I will not be using, its only because the customer requested it that i said ive give it a shot for them.

Incase you hadnt worked out im a building contractor and landscaper. I will be making structural alterations and totally re landscaping the front plot changing the levels and adding a drive and fancy brick circle step and odd shaped walls.

ant pointers would be much appreciated. As said im not a PC boffin, so only really want a very basic program.

YOu know like there the ground is blue the building a red box then you add walls etc.

cheers
Old 17-03-2009, 06:56 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to suggest Blender, but if sketchup was too much, then that's out..

So is it some home design software you need or what?
Old 17-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pa_sjo
I was going to suggest Blender, but if sketchup was too much, then that's out..

So is it some home design software you need or what?
Something like the bradstone designer i was using before i think. But ive just gone on to it and also actually found the CD but its only 2D.

If the blenders free ill give it a try, may be ok?

Problem with the sketch up version i had was not being able to manipulate the building and plot!?