General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Amir Khan Vs Barrera Fight

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2009, 11:02 AM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Bad cut for Barrera. Kahn looked lightnign quick. Of course the critics will be out to shoot Kahn down in flames because Barrera had a nasty gash on his head. Fact of the matter is, Barrera is old and no where near as fast as Kahn. Well done to an ENGLISH fighter.

And for the gibbon above who is going on about the Doctor. Barrera was given the choice to continue or stop. Pride got in the way, he continued. Of course he said Kahns punches didnt hurt.

The Kahn haters are about as good as the Hamilton haters who wanted Massa to win the F1. Dirty fucking cunts, the lot of ya

Hope there is a re-match

If that was khan with the cut and he couldnt see...guarenteed they would of pulled the golden child out the ring. Get a clue !
Old 15-03-2009, 12:14 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ben_frst
rubbish fight barrera wtf? started off bobbing making kahn look off target and inexperianced then spent the next 4 rounds walking round flat footed and like a sparring partner very ammaturish

still think kahn is a crap fighter yeah he has fast hands but thats it

i'll give him credit he seems to be great shape and kept the pressure on but i can punch for an hour soild on my punch bag lol
very different storey though with say 140z gloves on, most people wouldnt be able to handle 2 rounds it isnt an easy sport
Old 15-03-2009, 03:10 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"still think kahn is a crap fighter yeah he has fast hands but thats it"

love comments like this makes PF worth reading
Old 15-03-2009, 03:15 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its no good having fast hands,and a glass jaw,he will only ever beat bums
Old 15-03-2009, 03:32 PM
rst deany
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Lets see him in the ring with 1 of these, Nate Campbell,Julio Diaz ,Anthony Peterson, and see he if can out boxing a proper lightweight .

Dont think he will last longer than 4 rounds with any of them 3 fighters.He will get K.O ED
he couldent even put marco down or hurt him and he lanned about 10 full on clean punches.
Old 15-03-2009, 04:20 PM
OvaBoost

Khan is a good fighter...hes improved alot. But things that wont change is his chin, or his lack of power. Khan gets his KO's by flurrys of punches, he doesnt have 1 punch KO power.

If khan beats barerra in a rematch fair and square (ie no cuts) then hes got my respect, but he didnt prove anything last night by beating a blind man
Old 15-03-2009, 04:39 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think he has improved and the new trainer is making him box to his strengths.

its time he went up against one of the fighters in his weight who is in their boxing prime to see if he can cut it and become world champ.
Old 15-03-2009, 05:44 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Some people on the BBC 606 boards who went to the fight reckon some fans were shouting out racist comments (paki etc). IF true that's a shame and sums this country up really.
Old 15-03-2009, 05:52 PM
cossiegreg1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by ben_frst
rubbish fight barrera wtf? started off bobbing making kahn look off target and inexperianced then spent the next 4 rounds walking round flat footed and like a sparring partner very ammaturish

still think kahn is a crap fighter yeah he has fast hands but thats it

i'll give him credit he seems to be great shape and kept the pressure on but i can punch for an hour soild on my punch bag lol
never mind Kahn, get this fella in the ring.... he's a machine.
Old 15-03-2009, 06:04 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

i hate khan with a passion just think he is a wanker i rekon if Barrera didnt have the cut had he would of wonwell pissed i paid Ł15 to see khan wini was paying Ł15 to see him getting knocked outbut give Barrera his due he still kept going even though his head was pissing out blood
Old 15-03-2009, 06:27 PM
robj20
Regular Contributor

I hate khan as well ever since i met him at a car meet in bolton he was an annoying prick there as well.
Old 15-03-2009, 08:13 PM
makaveli96
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like most people say if it wasn’t for that big cut on Barrera’s head in the 1st round it would have been a completely different fight altogether Barrera couldn’t even see with all that blood pouring down his face not a fair fight to me.
Old 15-03-2009, 09:35 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Originally Posted by OvaBoost
Khan is a good fighter...hes improved alot. But things that wont change is his chin, or his lack of power. Khan gets his KO's by flurrys of punches, he doesnt have 1 punch KO power.

And Joe Calzhage got where he was with his big punches???

Cracks me up all the pro boxers on here.......

amir is still on the rise and the big names will come, as with all sports you start at the bottom working up the the top gaining experience and learning from your mistakes. If you watched without the hate shades on you would see the massive improvement in his boxing. His guard was high all the time and not dropping to leave himself open, He used his speed and got out after his flurries before barrera could come back and immediatly moved to disorientate his apponent... He still lost his composure on few occasions and went toe to toe which could have been costly but overall was very good.

Shame about the gash as without it still think he would have come out on top.

As far as prescott, do you honestly think he would have knocked amir out the way he boxed last night?? with the guard he had which he didnt have then, the composure he didnt have then and the general follow the plan that he didnt then?

He got caught cold with a lazy guard and lost the plot trying to get prescott back whilst still stunned with no guard to get put down again...showed his experience and last night showed he has learnt..
Old 15-03-2009, 09:52 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by rst deany
Lets see him in the ring with 1 of these, Nate Campbell,Julio Diaz ,Anthony Peterson, and see he if can out boxing a proper lightweight .

Dont think he will last longer than 4 rounds with any of them 3 fighters.He will get K.O ED
he couldent even put marco down or hurt him and he lanned about 10 full on clean punches.
id have thought he wants juan manuel marquez if hes after a title shot, which then puts him in the firing line of juan diaz who lost to marquez few weeks ago and wants a rematch! Also a rematch with prescott is another route!

i think juan diaz vs khan will be a much much more dangerous fight than khan vs marquez even tho marquez is the title holder at the mo!

and everyone saying khan was too quick for barrera, barrera has over come faster punchers with TIMING, "theres more than one way to skin a cat"

but hats off to khan, put the pressure on but unfortunate for both fighters that it was stopped because of a cut caused by a head clash!

bring on juan diaz
Old 15-03-2009, 09:57 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

agree with dannyblackpool.... most people think boxing is about ONE PUNCH KNOCK OUT POWER, or SPEED and thats it!

boxing is a materminds sport!
Old 15-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Fagin
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by dannyblackpool
And Joe Calzhage got where he was with his big punches???

Cracks me up all the pro boxers on here.......

amir is still on the rise and the big names will come, as with all sports you start at the bottom working up the the top gaining experience and learning from your mistakes. If you watched without the hate shades on you would see the massive improvement in his boxing. His guard was high all the time and not dropping to leave himself open, He used his speed and got out after his flurries before barrera could come back and immediatly moved to disorientate his apponent... He still lost his composure on few occasions and went toe to toe which could have been costly but overall was very good.

Shame about the gash as without it still think he would have come out on top.

As far as prescott, do you honestly think he would have knocked amir out the way he boxed last night?? with the guard he had which he didnt have then, the composure he didnt have then and the general follow the plan that he didnt then?

He got caught cold with a lazy guard and lost the plot trying to get prescott back whilst still stunned with no guard to get put down again...showed his experience and last night showed he has learnt..
I agree with some of your points, but Barrera IS a spent force. The fight was over hyped to a degree and the fact that a title fight is banded now because he has beat Barrera perhaps gives in a indication that if Barrera was a contender, the whole scene is not perhaps all that. But.... all said and done you can only beat what is put in front of you, so the man did what he needed to do. Only time will tell as regards to whether he goes on to be the fighter that so many hope he will be. Let's hope another British fighter does the country proud.
Old 15-03-2009, 11:56 PM
baba

cant be fucked with khan as really hes over hyped.when barrera was 22 hed already made 6 succesful defences of his world title.
but you can see why roach is one of the best trainers out there totally new khan and much better gaurd.
at times khan was holding barreras head as if to make cut worse but you cant blame him.
but regardless of the cut unless barrera would have ko-d him khan would have won on point as he would have out-boxed him.and there was only one shot that really caught khan but it wasnt a typical barrera shot and didnt shake khan.
and prescot was unimpressive against veterain toledo last month.a guy whose been ko-d several times and prescot couldnt get him out.a disqulification gave him the win.