General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

isle of man reg

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
ellicoss
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default isle of man reg

Hi all has anybody bought a isle of man car to england and put it on english plates if so whats involveld and at what cost cheers
Old 01-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Section 2.3

The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man

Most vehicles sold in these islands comply with British requirements. If you are able to demonstrate that the vehicle had been registered in Great Britain before being exported to the islands, that will suffice.

Vehicles registered in the Isle of Man (IoM) usually include, where appropriate, type approval information obtained from Great Britain. An IoM export certificate that includes this information is adequate evidence for licensing and registration in Great Britain. Similarly, an IoM export certificate might also include a CO2 emissions figure, which can be used in Great Britain, where appropriate, to obtain a lower rate of Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) under the graduated scheme. If the CO2 figure is not shown, but you wish to claim a lower VED rate, you will need to obtain a Certificate of Conformity from the vehicle manufacturer to provide evidence of the emissions standard the vehicle meets.

Vehicles registered in Jersey should have a type approval number on the export certificate. If the export certificate has this information this is adequate evidence for licensing and registration in Great Britain.
For other IoM and Jersey exports and, currently, vehicles imported from other the Channel Islands, you will need to proceed in accordance with Section 2.2 or 2.4 as appropriate.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehi...man4559?page=2
Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 PM
ellicoss
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Cheers fella very helpful